Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

sloshmonger posted:

0.10.3 released, but no game-changing alterations

This doesnt include 10.1 or 10.2 updates FYI, since I was about to post something about those earlier builds.

In 10.1 they included the following change: Fixes to make assembling machine/lab with burner energy source possible.

Shouldnt that allow pretty much everything the fusion/nuclear mod thats bandied about needs? Except for the huge energy jumpstart maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I keep seeing people throw out wanting roads as something they want in, yet no one has linked the mod that actually does it.

Roadworks
  • Three kinds of pavement - cobblestone, concrete, asphalt, each increasing the speed of cars and player characters by a different amount
  • Special fuel increasing acceleration of cars using it
  • Limestone, new resource used to make concrete
  • Car instruments research that unlocks speedometers and fuel gauges in cars

• Experimental feature: bridges (have to activate it manually in the lua)

While it doesnt do tire gripping/steering like some want and Im always leery of adding one use resources, it does seems like a good start.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Shintaro posted:

Well, sure, game logic. But I was more referring to things like "how electricity works" and "how pollution is calculated" and even "basic arithmetic."

For example, pollution production of a device is determined by energy usage * a pollution coefficient (which is why effectivity modules decrease pollution in a machine), and that coefficient is often defined in the vanilla files as emissions = 0.15/1.5 or some such. Dytech miners of successive levels increase both the numerator and the denominator of this value semi-haphazardly (and unconnected to the energy usage of the miner). On that note, the Dytech miners also raise in speed polynomially (because he raises both mining power and mining speed semi-linearly); the mk5 miner can produce ore faster than an express belt can take it away (not sure about Dytech's faster belts), and the mk6 literally produces ore faster than the game can process (a miner in the game can only produce one ore per tick, the mk6 theoretically takes 0.419)

Vanilla trees have an effective pollution rating of -0.003. Until fairly recently, Dytech rubber trees had a pollution rating of -60. For reference, no vanilla machine has a pollution value of over 10 (before adding speed or production modules).

So yeah, a lot of Dytech's math seems pretty much like "just make up a number lol."

How good could dytech be if someone took out all the cruft and gave them all reasonable numbers for...pretty much everything.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Dirk the Average posted:

If you went through, rewrote the entire mod, removed the bullshit at the beginning of the game, removed the truly excessive number of new reagents added, balanced any new stuff added, and made sure that everything works, makes sense, and is balanced, then you'd wind up with something like what the tech tree and available stuff that the game will have when released. There's clearly more stuff that the developers want to add - there are things like "basic" accumulators and beacons without any corresponding advanced versions. They've set up their engine so that that stuff is easy to drop in, so it's a safe bet that all that will be expanded eventually.

Thats pretty cool. Just so sad about its state and apparently(?) the creator isnt inclined to fix it. :eng99:

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

SpookyLizard posted:

I think the roadworks mod adds bridges. You can also, in the worst case, open that map up in the editor and amke a small-ish land bridge. Justify it as terraforming.

Speaking of, you should post that exchange string. Seems neat.

Roadworks definetely adds bridges but you have enable them in the mod file, though I want to say they dont work with railroads (yet).

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Stick Insect posted:

games tend to stay in development hell forever once they're playable (Gnomoria, Prison Architect, Zomboid)

How the hell can prison architect be considered in development hell? They've been doing monthly updates since the start, excepting Christmas vacation, and have been fixing bugs and adding new content with some regularity.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Aurium posted:

d. underground pipe it in. Just make a factory that builds them for you, and you'll have it done in no time, and it doesn't really take that many resources. Like rail, the pipes are mostly ignored by biters. Using underground pipes makes it pretty fast to lay, and barely affects aboveground movement much.

d is probably the most common choice.

If you do this youll also want to put in an electric pump after every 2(?) map 'grids'/'chunks' to keep the pressure up, otherwise itll just dribble down the pipe by the end. This post explains pumps and fluid pressure in depth.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Ignoranus posted:

Not really, I don't think. You're still limited to the existing grid equipment and none of that (at least right now) makes the equipped thing work with logistics as far as I know.

Wasnt the example given when the devs added that was a cargo wagon with a roboport? So at the very least it can act as a provider chest One would think.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I hope you can load the artillery train with nukes because that would make large scale biter clearing so easy.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
That would be the other option yea, though Id want any ICBM to be much stronger than a normal nuke to make up for all the resources itd take to make it. Id say obliterating 2x2 or 3x3 chunks would be good.

Also while the artillery train is awesome I was also hoping for something closer to an armoured train, which would have turrets to protect trains from stray biters.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
And we get nuclear fuel. 250% speed! :getin:

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Well for the robot attrition cant you just remove it from the dependencies in the .cfg?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Is there a way to make sure an inserter that is moving multiple items into a filtered container not get stuck holding an item after that type gets full but theres room to put in more of another item?
Is it just disabling stack size so they always only move 1 item at a time?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I just got the latest beta (18.4, which should have fixed this) and it despite having already researched logistics and everything, the logistics tab is missing from the character screen. I tried several console commands I found in the forums to fix it but it doesnt work, anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it cause trying to do post rocket stuff without personal logistics is a real pain?

Edit: Also noticed that with Space Exploration and 30 More Science Packs despite being able to craft rocket science packs there isnt a slot for them in labs. Turns out I missed that you have to use the space lab.

Communist Zombie fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 19, 2020

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Roflex posted:

Finally sat down over the weekend and started a playthrough I've wanted to do for a while: MSP - 30 new Science Packs + Random Recipes + SpaceX.
I'm thinking of using trains for my labs, with one slot filtered for each pack (37 in total, so that just about works out) and a large number of trains running around serially filling up with packs.

Having tried Space Exploration with MSP, but not being a mega base builder, is that not only is it super hard to get enough through put to do Space Exploration tech (6k science and up) quickly but that anything needing rocket science has to be researched in a Space Lab which can only be placed in space, and i dont think Space Exploration lets you build space trains. However since space labs are 5x5, iirc, you could spaghetti in all the packs.

When I get home Ill share the repeatable spaghetti lab i made for everything up to rocket science.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

code:
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
Heres a 36 Science Lab, Ive ultimately gave up on using MSP since the spm was abysmal so I removed MSP to get to the actual Space Exploration parts reasonably soon.

When I get a space station set up well, Ill see about updating it for space and the 6 extra science packs that can only be done in space.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Ambaire posted:

You can filter train car slots, correct? Why not use them instead? Fill the first using whatever shenanigans and then use stack inserters to transfer cargo down the lab line.

Trains are like a dozen science packs in, plus I wanted to see if I could do it using only belts.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

FnF posted:

I imagine a sushi-belt would be able to do it (I can't post a pic right now) - you probably need green/red circuit wire though.

I did think of that, but Ive never used circuit logic and figuring out a sushi belt was too big a jump for me.

Can you do multi lane sushi belts? Because i think thatd be the best way to get high throughput with a lot of labs.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Is there a way to send logistics requests that cant be fulfilled to circuits? Im trying to set up atleast semi automated space manufacturing in SpacEx and don't want to set up an entire mini base in space because I need some random item that isnt normally used in recipes.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Ugh. I sure hope someones already blueprinted that setup for most of the stock items in game cause doing that myself sounds tedious as all get out.

Wait there has to be easier way, even if through a mod since one of the FFs showed off a like 10x11 base that constantly rebuilt itself to make parts and do science. Id be fine just blueprinting something similar to that, sending up base materials is easier than sending up everything.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Jabor posted:

If you hook a roboport up to the circuit network, it will output (available in storage - amount requested) for every item.

Filter it down to only quantities that are negative and bam, you have a list of things that are not being totally fulfilled.

Thats not working, its only outputing items in storage.

Edit: I went a got a mod to do it, but now its too many requests to send to one chest. Is there an easy way to either split signals or subtract whats already loaded from the signal?

Communist Zombie fucked around with this message at 06:43 on May 5, 2020

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Well I can change the upper limit so that meteors drop in random intervals of between 1 minute and [x], so I guess I'll just crank that up to several hours and cross my fingers.

Ive done this in my game and after like 50-100 hrs only had at most 2 meteors happen. I can also tell you how to disable robot attrition if you want!

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

GotLag posted:

Fixed a critical bug in Flare Stack (they weren't producing pollution :sweatdrop:)

And they dont seem to be working with Krastorio 2, theyll take in fluids but not burn them. And I had just checked them about half an hour ago.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Re Krastorio & flares I completely missed that the mod had their own version, so Ill use those. And I havent used them before with Krastorio 2 so cant say if they used to work.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

LLSix posted:

It annoys me that krastorio's loaders don't work with trains.

Did the author ever explain why they dont work with trains? Because thats one of the main uses of loaders iirc.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Tesla was right posted:

I believe it's because normal loaders (that krastorio and deadlock's loaders use) are a single Loader entity, whereas miniloaders are a pair of very fast inserters and some belt that all get placed together.

Now Im wondering why Wube didnt have loaders work on train o:

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

alright, cool. I'm watching Day9's LP still and he does a thing where he clicks coal(or ammo or whatever), and then drags it across a bunch of stuff and it distributes it evenly, I'm not sure which keyboard command that is but that seems really useful to me at least early on. I'm not seeing which one that is in the controls menu though.

That specifically is a mod, even or equal fill i believe. Maybe drag fill?

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
Earlier there was talk about how to add variety to production and supply chain, well satisfactory added a end game new building that has random power usage while crafting and different recipes have different ranges. But Im not the one to say how much itd add to gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011
I think they meant they had to do it from the beginning in the technical debt sense. They'd likely have to and add "tags" to various actions and events, optimize how they're checked so the music doesnt lag or take up too much game cycles, and add logic about how to mix all of them together.

Ideally a really dedicated modder might be able to do it for them.