Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
all i know is that JOHN CENA was in the most hilariously pro wrestling kind of dumb opening segment and i loved every minute of it then damien sandow came out in a magneto outfit and fought with hugh jackman, raw owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Oh, here we go. Now Cena is just burying Wyatt and his gimmick. Welcome back, same terrible loving John Cena who has been around since you stopped rapping.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sandow is really cool and I love him.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
All the promo's went on too long.
-Bray sang too long, then it felt like 5 minutes passed as Bray laughed with the kid on his lap.
-Paul Heyman backstage assuring Cesaro made a good decision aligning with him, despite being a liar... what?
-Hugh Jackman segment started out good, then it kept going with Magneto trying to super power grab the mic.
-John's backstage promo was just plain stupid and shouldn't have been aired at all.
-The Brie / Bryan backstage segment ending was hilarious calling Steph a bitch, but it was stupid to have Brie shiver like that for 5 minutes before hand.
-Lana's stupid "accent" was too annoying to listen to as she said something about the Bulgarian bare footed fatty.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ijii posted:

All the promo's went on too long.
-Bray sang too long, then it felt like 5 minutes passed as Bray laughed with the kid on his lap.
-Paul Heyman backstage assuring Cesaro made a good decision aligning with him, despite being a liar... what?
-Hugh Jackman segment started out good, then it kept going with Magneto trying to super power grab the mic.
-John's backstage promo was just plain stupid and shouldn't have been aired at all.
-The Brie / Bryan backstage segment ending was hilarious calling Steph a bitch, but it was stupid to have Brie shiver like that for 5 minutes before hand.
-Lana's stupid "accent" was too annoying to listen to as she said something about the Bulgarian bare footed fatty.

I sort of agree on the Bray thing, but I don't think it hurt it overall. I completely disagree on the X-Men stuff, I thought it started off kind of weak and then got great when Sandow came out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Isn't Lana's accent at least partially real? She did legit grow up in Latvia.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TheJoker138 posted:

Isn't Lana's accent at least partially real? She did legit grow up in Latvia.
Yeah.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Your Friend posted:

Sandow is really cool and I love him.

Want to emptyquote this because it's the truth.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

mkay0 posted:

Three hours is just so loving long, ugh. I usually start an hour late on dvr and fast forward a lot of poo poo. For some reason, I thought watching it strait through from the start was a good idea. I'll never do that again.

The secret is doing something else while watching. I was messing around in FFXIV while watching Raw.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I pretty much do the same. I do a lot of work from home in the evenings so half-paying attention to midcard matches with no build isn't difficult, and then when the show gets my attention, cool. I generally still watch all the good matches and every segment that doesn't make me want to drill a hole in my brain due to all the fremdschamen. Yeah, I used it in a sentence. What.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Wierd rear end RAW, in hind sight only liked the opening and the Usos/Rybaxel match.

Also guys, hey guys, you like RVD right guys, RVD is cool, let's add him to the Cesaro/Swagger feud, that would be cool right guys... guys?

Also John Cena just saw a bunch of children follow a crazy cult leader... better talk about Bray riding home on a donkey!

Good lord...

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 29, 2014

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The opening promo was cool and I liked that Cena teased a "YOU PEOPLE" promo. And then I felt like Raw went off a cliff and I slept through the rest.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I really liked the Barret vs. Sheamus match. If that was in the middle of a Wrestlemania, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
That's probably the closest the Diva's division has gotten to having a storyline.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Action Shakespeare posted:

That's probably the closest the Diva's division has gotten to having a storyline.

I liked the Single White Female storyline with Mickey stalking Trish.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They also had that storyline where Michelle McCool and Layla called Mickie James fat for a couple months.

My only gripe with the opening bit is that anything that organically pops up with the crowd has to be run into the loving ground for the next month. Surprised they didn't have Lawler stand up and tell everyone to sing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DEAR RICHARD posted:

My girlfriend thinks Reigns is hot.

By giving us this personal information we can now narrow down your identity to any person in the world who has a girlfriend. We're getting closer!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So basically Cena is now Ned Flanders, every time he should be venting falling back on doodily woodily nonsense. "For God's sake Bray breathe through your drat mouth!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

No wonder the Rhodes Scholars broke up. Magneto and Dr. Doom never got along.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Raw was ok. Though I fast forwarded most of it so maybe that's why

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Raw was pretty entertaining. I loved the Wyatt segment and I get some kind of odd enjoyment out of watching horror movie monster Kane. For whatever reason Shield/Evolution isn't clicking with me as much as I want it to, but that match will likely own so whatever.

More importantly, where the heck are all the stipulations for Extreme Rules? I thought every match was supposed to have an "extreme" stip?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Professor Funk posted:

Raw was pretty entertaining. I loved the Wyatt segment and I get some kind of odd enjoyment out of watching horror movie monster Kane. For whatever reason Shield/Evolution isn't clicking with me as much as I want it to, but that match will likely own so whatever.

More importantly, where the heck are all the stipulations for Extreme Rules? I thought every match was supposed to have an "extreme" stip?

Some matches can just be no DQ with no extra stip ya know.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Professor Funk posted:

So far the extreme matches are El Torito/Hornswoggle (TLC) and I guess Cena/Wyatt (Cage match).

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

So far the extreme matches are El Torito/Hornswoggle (TLC) and I guess Cena/Wyatt (Cage match).

Kane/Bryan is an Extreme Rules match.

At least this year we don't have an I Quit match to sit through, or a Strap match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fun Raw. Nothing fantastic aside from the opening, which I loved, but a solid show. I'm quite looking forward to Extreme Rules. The build, though not perfect, has been pretty drat good for a B-show and most of the matches have at least had solid attempts at build thus far.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Onmi posted:

Some matches can just be no DQ with no extra stip ya know.

Fair. I guess you can say something for not overloading the card with weird stipulations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fun Raw. Nothing fantastic aside from the opening, which I loved, but a solid show. I'm quite looking forward to Extreme Rules. The build, though not perfect, has been pretty drat good for a B-show and most of the matches have at least had solid attempts at build thus far.

I guess. I want to see the SHIELD, Bray, BNB, and Bryan matches. Not sure if it has been said here but Cesaro vs Swagger vs RVD has been confirmed, which honestly I would have prefered a stip added to another Cesaro/Swagger match as apposed to RVD being added.

Although I just thought now they could do a spot where RVD attempts to do a 5-star splash onto Swagger only for Cesaro to intercept with an uppercut, that I'd like to see.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I hope this week's script leaks and Sandow's whole segment and everything he was supposed to say is just listed as "Be Magneto".

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Sandow is a great supervillain because he almost killed me with laughter when he announced "I AM MAGNETO!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if Brie vs Steph will get added to the card or just happen during Kane/Bryan.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I guess. I want to see the SHIELD, Bray, BNB, and Bryan matches. Not sure if it has been said here but Cesaro vs Swagger vs RVD has been confirmed, which honestly I would have prefered a stip added to another Cesaro/Swagger match as apposed to RVD being added.

Although I just thought now they could do a spot where RVD attempts to do a 5-star splash onto Swagger only for Cesaro to intercept with an uppercut, that I'd like to see.

Apparently it's an elimination match.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I really don't like the Cesaro as a heel you're supposed to support thing. All his offense is the type of poo poo people love to cheer for, he was totally primed to be a breakout babyface after winning the battle royal and turning on Zeb. They've over thought this and made it too complicated when the simple method would have been the best, now people are just loving confused. It doesn't help that all of Heyman's promos are 99% about Brock and then "Oh yeah, I manage Cesaro too."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tato posted:

I really don't like the Cesaro as a heel you're supposed to support thing. All his offense is the type of poo poo people love to cheer for, he was totally primed to be a breakout babyface after winning the battle royal and turning on Zeb. They've over thought this and made it too complicated when the simple method would have been the best, now people are just loving confused. It doesn't help that all of Heyman's promos are 99% about Brock and then "Oh yeah, I manage Cesaro too."

They probably intended to make him a babyface full on, and then they stopped and looked and went "oh wait WE HAVE NO loving HEELS"

West007
Apr 21, 2013

That first segment was decent, Cena was decent, then he had to ruin it with a donkey promo. Cena always manages to do poo poo like this.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Oh hey WWE booked a full card for a B-show why couldn't you do this consistently when I was running the predictions game? :shepface:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Extreme rules should be extremely strict rules where you get dqed after having a guy on the ropes for a 1-count.

Also I legit want pics of those dogs from the OP because we got a found a puppy last week that lives with us now :3:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cena trying to be The Rock is the worst because The Rock is incredibly dated and really only worked in that period of time plus Cena doesn't have the natural charisma to pull it off. But A+ to the children's choir, Magneto, and Kane getting a wrench to the face. Was having a really lovely day and needed the laugh.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

At first I thought Bryan hit him with a hammer and it made me flash back to Vader. "YOU HIT ME WITH A BALL PEEN HAMMER!"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hi I liked the magneto segment, though I really wish that King would have shut the gently caress up during it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

It's probably a coincidence, but I like how Bryan attacking Kane sort of mirrors one of Kane's earliest appearances where Ahmed Johnson showed up and smashed Kane's head with a wrench. It was the first time Kane was ever really knocked down and he still sat up seconds later.

• Locked thread