Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

howe_sam posted:

I think it's been interesting that a recurring element in the SW Spidey books is Peter Parker abandoning/being removed from the role of Spider-Man.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that 616 Spider-Man was one of the Incursion survivors. It does hold some water. There really aren't that many Battle World doubles of the other survivors either.

edit: Compared to the fact that there are, like, about two dozen different Wolverines running around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, Spidey is in other books. He's Cap's main man in Civil War. And of course, the main guy in Renew Your Vows.

It looks like the only ones who there aren't multiples running around are the FF.

Well yeah, I know he was in other books. But I was commenting on the fact that there seems to be a running theme of Peter running away from being Spider-Man, one of the few heroes that didn't die in the Incursion. And I do think it's interesting that there's not a lot of Star Lords, Reeds, T'Chalas, and the like around either.

I've seen a fair amount of Cyclops's however, although...

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

That's such a bummer about Web Warriors. I love the Spider-Man multiverse. I should've been buying more copies.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Wait, wait, wait. Contest of Champions is canceled too? This is... a bad day.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Well at least CoC put Night Thrasher back into the universe. I'll miss British Punisher though...

Edit: this better not be the last we see if Spider-Punk.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

A new Spidey comic is coming out this year by Gerry Conway.

Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows

I hope this doesn't mean that his Carnage series is ending.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

All I know is how can you name your child "Otto Octavius" and NOT expect him to grow up to be an octopus themed villain?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Guess who came back.

Everyone. The answer is everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Speaking of Jessica, when the hell are we getting another Spider-Woman series? Although, after how amazing the last series was, it'll have a lot to live up to.

fake edit: I can't tell if it's good or bad that anything Secret Empire-related involving Spider Woman has yet to mention that she also has a baby to take care of while also helping defend New York from the dome full of darkness/demons. Of course, maybe that's where Roger, the best father-figure in Marvel, has been during all this.

• Locked thread