Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah he misread. I don't think they've revealed where Flash is yet. I do think Brock getting the symbiote back in its current state of being reformed would be interesting. Unlike the murderer who currently has it, Brock would probably listen to reason but still need guidance. It would be a cool new take on the Lethal Protector stuff.

I just wanted to make sure Marvel wasn't doing a reference to Brock doing the same thing, you never know.

Shinjobi posted:

And doing so in the worst way possible.

I admit I haven't read as much of Venom's stuff as I probably would have liked to over the years, but coming from Flash to this new series has been absolutely awful. It really reads like some edgy 13 year old's fanfiction, and not in a funny way.

Yeah, i gave up on it after issue 2. It's so frigging bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

They did that with Deathlok.

Clone Conspiracy had a crap ending, but the art was good, and I enjoyed seeing all the old faces again. The signal possibly wrecking the webware is going to be the convenient way to make Peter broke again probably.

A rich CEO running a company which has a horrifying disaster that injures or kills a lot of people NOT escaping with a golden parachute is somehow more implausible than a man who sticks to walls and is psychic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tato posted:

Well, pretty close! Otto gets the uber-clone body and Ben sticks around in his current body that could potentially destabilize again. Also after "killing" Miles Warren he vows to put the clone poo poo behind him and start living his OWN life...which puts him exactly where he was the first time he left town to forge his own life, only this time after nearly murdering the entire world and feeling no remorse for it.

Still not feeling like new Ben is anything but budget Kaine which is really goddamn sad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kraven the Hunter had a good story in Scarlet Spider but that's about it.

Edit: Also Squirrel Girl but that is cheating.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Answer:

move all Spider-Man villains to Squirrel Girl, move all Squirrel Girl villains to Spider-Man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

who are squirrel girl's villains

The nobodies. You know, Galactus, Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Thanos.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

no I mean like specifically her villains; I know her thing is clowning on people like thanos. I wanna know about the ones that started as squirrel girl villains, like osborn or doc ock did for spider-man

Ratatoskr I guess? That guy whose name I can't remember at this exact moment who cloned himself a billion times?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I can't believe spider-man is a squirrel girl villain

He's actually a Howard the Duck villain, Squirrel Girl just borrows him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I like Doc Ock as Spider-Man's arch-enemy better than the Green Goblin. I think a lot of Osborn being Peter's worst enemy is retroactively applied and if you go back and read a lot of those Silver Age and Bronze Age issues, Doc Ock is still treated as the "main" bad guy.

I'm actually struggling to think of Spider-Man villains who were really good and had real staying power who were created after the 1960s. There's Hobgoblin, maybe Hammerhead and possibly the Jackal if you count him separately from Miles Warren. Who else?

I mean you may not think of him as very good but it's pretty goddamn hard to say Venom didn't have staying power.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Was the stuff where Kaine comes back that eventually lead to him becoming Scarlet Spider any good. I know Scarlet Spider was, I'm asking about the stuff before.

Not really. Grim Hunt has some fans but it's kinda forced and "Peter uses THE MARK OF KAINE" stuff is just eyerolling. Spider-Island is a Big Stupid Event mostly.

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't Kaine initially come back before that. I know he was in Grim Hunt, but I can't recall if that came before or after Spider-Island.

It's all poo poo anyway.

It was before. He dies in Grim Hunt and then gets revived in Spider-Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

So I'm gonna be 'that guy' and say I quite liked the new Spiderman film so I'd like to give the comics another try after being out of the loop for like 15 years (the last thing I remember was an old man with some ancient spider-related heritage constantly turning up to say mysterious things, also Doc Ock is young and enjoys hookers). Assuming I don't want to read a million issues of back-story what's currently considered the 'main' series to read? The only two I found were the Miles Morales one and Renew Your Vowels which sounds dumb.

Renew your Vows is unironically the best Spider-Man book on the market right now.

• Locked thread