Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Carnage has been cool, mainly because it's been Carnage fighting a werewolf while Eddie Brock cries about them not letting him turn into Toxin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would rather put burning coals in my eyes than watch another episode of Spider-Man: Family Guy Edition.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What if that's not Gwen, but Gwen and Norman Osborne's daughter that looked just like her?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cnut the Great posted:

Why wouldn't I be able to relate to a married Spider-Man? Are you implying I'm destined to die alone and unloved? Thanks, pal.

Well, you do post on Something Awful.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

X-O posted:

Lizard first pops up in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #10 but it's not really canon. Reading that series will just confuse you.

There are parts of Team-Up that are definitely canon, like the Daredevil/Punisher stuff, but then there are also parts that aren't like the Iron Man and FF stuff.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Isn't that what happened?

No, Weaver hid the universe to protect it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't know if anyone else is playing Spider-Man Unlimited, but they're currently doing an mini event based on Dying Wish/Superior Spider-Man. And the description of the current part (based around when Otto was trying to get with MJ) really has to be seen to be believed. Whoever is writing it apparently wasn't a fan of the original story.

Can you post a screenshot or something?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Black Panther was the first MCU black superhero to get his own movie, but Luke Cage has a hit Netflix show now, and was in Jessica Jones pre-Panther.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OhFunny posted:

The cast page has Peter's love interest listed as Liz Allen. Who is Hispanic in The Spectacular Spider-Man Man cartoon.

Edit: I suddenly realized that they're mashing Miles story with Spectacular Spider-Man because the first villain Peter fights in that is the Vulture.

Edit 2: Liz Allen was also Peter's girlfriend in SSM.

You see Liz in the trailer, him and Ned are ogling her in the cafeteria. It then cuts to the character that is obviously MJ calling them out for it.

E: She looks kind of out of it and nerdy, so my guess is that Liz is doing to shoot him down when he asks her to the homecoming dance, leading to him and MJ going together, and when he sees her we get a version of the "face it, tiger" scene where she's all dressed up and looks hot.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 17, 2016

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Venom with Eddie Brock's face looks really stupid.

Reaaaally stupid.

I always liked when his mouth would open up and his face would be in the mouth.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lobok posted:

To be clear, I don't dislike this. It's just that when the symbiote is covering his head, that should be the only head. Same as The Mask. It's not a covering that talks and animates separately and over top of Brock's face. They're one and the same.

I always imagine the Brock head in the mouth isn't actually Brock's head, but an approximation made by the symbiote.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That new costume is total poo poo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Wait a second. I just realized that she's literally named Anime.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lobok posted:

`spose if Brock has to be back as Venom we might as well get some good art out of it (for one issue...?)

https://twitter.com/TraddMoore/status/832310679017291776

Is he going to be back as Venom permanently or is this just a history of Venom leading to Brock, but not Brock in the symbiote, coming back? Cause that's definitely a "history of venom" splash thing there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah he misread. I don't think they've revealed where Flash is yet. I do think Brock getting the symbiote back in its current state of being reformed would be interesting. Unlike the murderer who currently has it, Brock would probably listen to reason but still need guidance. It would be a cool new take on the Lethal Protector stuff.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

Spider-Man is that super hero that tells you stupid jokes, while holding your car up, as you replace a flat tire.

Spider-Man is that super hero that sees you bombing on a date, and swoops in to tell the girl about how you totally saved him from the Scorpion.

Spider-Man is that super hero that asks you if you're going to finish those fries.

Uh, actually Spider-Man is the super hero that is mega rich and owns a multi national corporation. Spider-Man is the super hero that sold his marriage to the devil. Spider-Man is the super hero who may actually be a super villain who has stolen the body of Spider-Man and is using it to jerk off to his memories of loving a super model.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

Can anyone explain Norman Osborn's master plan or even general motivations in ASM?

1) Norman Osborn was outed as the Green Goblin and a super criminal, so he goes into hiding.

2) Because he is a super criminal, he needs to take on a new identity so no one suspects he is a super criminal while he's running drugs and weapons in a criminal enterprise.

3) In order to keep anyone from knowing he's the Green Goblin, one of the main things he is smuggling as an anonymous criminal is Goblin Bombs.

4) Further, to keep a low profile while he's illegally selling Goblin Bombs to people, the identities he steals are those of other infamous criminals.

5) Oh yeah also even though he has all sorts of super advanced technology and has personally used holograms before and frequently employs a technology/power based master of disguise, he goes through agonizing Face Off plastic surgery every time he wants to swap identities.

The explanation is that Dan Slott is a bad writer.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

There was the issue of the List (written by Slott ) where Peter steals a hard drive of all sort of super evil stuff Norman was doing.
It was supposed to be the beginning of the end and was supposed to pressure Norman into invading Asguard.

Bendis of course ignored it.

Bendis was just ahead of the curve on ignoring Slott. Which is a great idea.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Bendis already has 16 years

But thanks to the publishing schedule Slott has nearly as many issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lobok posted:

Probably set the tone yeah. Maybe Bendis would have done it anyway since it was a reimagining but Osborn back in the day was much more sympathetic and perhaps tragic. It really did seem as though he sufferred this terrible second personality from the accident rather than him being an evil industrialist prick to begin with. The 90s cartoon and Raimi both did the classic Osborn but everything else does the Luthor-style Osborn.

In the 90's cartoon Norman was literally working with the Kingpin and designed and outfitted the Hobgoblin before becoming the Green Goblin.

• Locked thread