Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I just want this guy to make an appearance in Spider-Verse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Hey I've got a random Spider-Man question: What's the deal with Chameleon's face? Is there a reason it's white and has a snake nose? Is that a mask? What's the deal?

I think it's a mask that's like an image inducer kind of thing. He's not a literal shapeshifter.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

They could easily just rename it to Amazing Foes

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

The most logical job for Pete to have would just be as a scientist or researcher working for Stark (like he was pre-Civil War) or Reed Richards, who both already know who he is. But that effectively eliminates the potential drama of hiding his identity and explaining his repeated absences so it would never last as the status quo.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

I guess the only one left is a male Asian spider-mans

edit: also a black female spider-mans

Amadeus Cho wears the Iron Spider armor in the USM cartoon now

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Someone recorded the MaryJanes song from the Spider-Gwen issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo1AO8WHUlM

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

As is with all things on Bleeding cool take this with a pile of salt, but They're saying Spider-Verse will end with Peter stuck in a another dimension and Spider-Gwen taking his place in 616 for several months. Considering right now we're getting Lady Thor, Captain Falcon, evil Moustache Stark and dead Wolverine I can see them playing around with the status quo again.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

WickedHate posted:

The N52 was born from trying to desperately save the DC's business in comic books. I'm not saying it's what Marvel should do now or that it'll fix every problem or something, but I liked stuff like Ultimate Spider-Man and the original Ultimate X-Men. Something like those stories would be pretty neat.

I'd rather they reboot Ultimate completely but maybe have Miles carry over from the old universe. I think outside of USM that universe has too many broken toys to succeed.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

If Italian Spider-Man doesn't show up then this whole even would've be a waste.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Decius posted:

It's how some Brits said "Ma'am" decades ago. Which is also when people stopped saying "Ma'am".

I remember noticing everyone referring to M this way in Skyfall

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I like how it looks in this rendition

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Spider-Man dies, is replaced by Superior Spider-Man.

This would legit be hilarious

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I think the Ultimate cartoon Spidey is pretty universally hated

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Earth X Spider-Girl embraced the symbiote too

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I'm curious as to why you chose Prowler to be Spider-Man in that universe. It was a neat little twist.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Also it stems from some people's desire for Avengers to be more like the Justice League where the team is the biggest names in the universe

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Waterhaul posted:

Himself and Waid are leaving Daredevil so I'd be totally fine with them taking over the book.

If it ends up being Slott/Samnee on ASM I'll be pissed that Marvel is wasting a talented artist on him again like Allred on Silver Surfer.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

It won't happen but I want Allred on Spider-Man

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of Rhodey, didn't someone have a War Machine run a few years ago? It's fading in my memory as I type this... so forgettable.

Yeah, but it was called Iron Man 2.0

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Slott follows the Jeph Loeb stategy of getting on a book that will sell regardless of creative team and using it to justify his staying on it by pointing to the strong sales.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

Have Peter and Carol dating but the twist: Spider-Man is the damsel who keeps getting saved by Captain Marvel and it makes him feel inferior.

That's pretty much what happened in the 2 issues they did date

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that at some point he runs out of web and gets carried by Carol all Amazing Fantasy 15 style.

If I recall one of the issues they were having dinner and a supervillain attacked and she just ended up handling it herself because he wouldn't be able to help without revealing his identity to the other people at the restaurant.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

New Miles in the 616 series after secret war called "Spider-Man" with Bendis/Pichelli.

quote:

Comic book geeks’ spider senses are tingling.

After battling evil-doers in an alternate comic book line, a popular biracial version of Spider-Man is getting a promotion to the official Marvel Comics universe.

The first issue of the relaunched “Spider-Man” hits comic stores, tablets and smartphones this fall with more fanfare than a typical new series, because the hero under the mask is Miles Morales, the teen son of an African-American father and Puerto Rican mother.

“Many kids of color who when they were playing superheroes with their friends, their friends wouldn’t let them be Batman or Superman because they don’t look like those heroes but they could be Spider-Man because anyone could be under that mask,” says writer and co-creator Brian Bendis. “But now it’s true. It’s meant a great deal to a great many people.”

The character has been around since 2011, replacing the murdered Peter Parker in Marvel’s offshoot “Ultimate” line and gained a sizeable following, but the “real” Spider-Man has kept patrolling the company’s main titles.

When news broke that Marvel and Sony were rebooting the cinematic Spider-Man, social media erupted in pleas to have Miles Morales instead of Peter Parker as the friendly neighborhood hero.

It won’t happen on the big screen anytime soon, but the clamoring didn’t go unheeded. When the publisher opted to fold its Ultimate line this summer in their event series “Secret Wars,” Morales landed a permanent home — alongside a mentor in the grownup, genuine Peter Parker.

The Miles Morales Spider-Man has been around since 2011, replacing the murdered Peter Parker in Marvel's 'Ultimate' line.

“Our message has to be it’s not Spider-Man with an asterisk, it’s the real Spider-Man for kids of color, for adults of color and everybody else,” says Bendis of the series which is drawn by artist Sarah Pichelli.

The move is part of a recent push across the industry to add a little more color of a different variety to the splash pages of superhero books to appeal to a much more diverse readership.

Marvel has already surprised fans by introducing a female Thor and having an African-American hero, The Falcon, taking over the mantle as Captain America. And one of the publisher’s breakout hits in the last two years has been Ms. Marvel, a Muslim teen girl.

The enormity of Miles Morales' place in comic book history didn’t really hit Bendis, a father who has two kids of color among his four children, until recently. His 4-year-old adopted African-American daughter found a Miles Morales Spidey mask in the toy aisle of a department store, put it on and said, “Look daddy, I’m Spider-Man!” he recalls.

“I started crying in the middle of the aisle,” says Bendis. “I realized my kids are going to grow up in a world that has a multi-racial Spider-Man, and an African American Captain America and a female Thor.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-inclusion-biracial-spider-man-article-1.2265591

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Yeah, I'm guessing Ultimate May, MJ and Gwen can't be carried over smoothly. Maybe Ganke and his dad.

In terms of villains Miles never really built up his own rogues gallery. There was his uncle who died, the Scorpion gangster guy, Ult. Taskmaster. The rest were mostly Peter's villains. I wonder if they're just going to have him fight 616 Peter's villains or actually try to build his own stable.

I guess that would depend if they're pushing him as the main Spider-Man of the universe. I can only assume we'll get a relaunched Amazing Spider-Man with Slott still writing because he won't let go of that book for anything. I think he's survived what, 2 or 3 relaunches at this point?

Dacap fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 21, 2015

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I really really hope another writer gets a chance with the character. Hasn't Scott said he wants to have the record for most issues written?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Spider-Man/Deadpool got announced so that brings us up to 10 spider-related ongoings

Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man
Spidey
Spider-Man/Deadpool
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Verse
Silk
Spider-Woman
Venom: Space Knight
Carnage

and then ANAD Avengers and Uncanny Avengers both have a Spidey on their teams

so much goddamn spidermans

I'm sure this is totally unrelated to Marvel studios gaining access to the character :rolleyes:

• Locked thread