Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I just finished the Superior Foes of Spider-Man and THAT is how you write a good comic book. Just blown away by the fact that I gave a poo poo in the end about all these yahoos.

Do they pick up any of the threads they left at the end of the books? I mean I'm interested in the Shocker stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Die Laughing posted:

The new Beetle has been showing up in Ant Man.

With her disappointing buddy Overdrive?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I have been reading the original Amazing Spider-Man run on Marvel Unlimited. Just hit issue 50 and I can say that after the first year where Lee and Ditko are getting there legs the book really takes off. I know it is cheesy 60's writing, but the stories Lee writes are solid. It really is a shame Romita took over when Ditko seemed to find his art groove, but my lord the man can draw.

It really is some good reading and it is nice to see the classic Spider-Man villains actually be threats and not punchlines. Comparing them then to how they are now I don't understand why some of them were defanged in a way. Heck even Mysterio is a solid villain.

The only real thing I'm coming away with is that I am 100% sure Aunt May suffers from Munchausen Syndrome, Peter could be Bi-Polar, and JJJ has a form of OCD . Has anything like this been written about in the comics before?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
That is too bad. I think their might be a legit story about mental illness in there.

I still think Aunt May has Munchausen and Dr. Bromwell is in on it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

TwoPair posted:

I'm kinda tired of literally every Miles Morales story ending with "venom shock does ker-razy poo poo". I mean drat, Bendis, did you forget that Spider-Man can do whatever a spider can, like shoot webs and poo poo?

I mean I know I'm being a little hyperbolic here but I know his super awesome power that conveniently no one really understands has knocked out the (Ultimate) Green Goblin, Venom, Dr. Doom (+ a room of HYDRA goons), and now loving (Prime Earth) Blackheart? Like, drat, what can't venom shocks do?

Save the Ultimate line.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Skwirl posted:

I miss Ben Reilly.

You won't have to miss him for much longer. Time to kill Peter again!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Wanderer posted:

He always was, but he was never in a position where he could really leverage it. He invented the webbing and the web-shooters himself, as well as an electronic tracking beacon that he can home in on psychically, and he's got a consistent history of coming up with scientific solutions to the villain or problem of the week.

Traditionally, the problem has been Spider-troubles interfering with his education, or keeping him from consistently being able to keep hold of the kinds of resources that Tony or Reed have. In the fields of chemistry or DIY electronics, he's probably top-ten MU and has been for quite a while.

Yeah this is the way I have always seen Peter. He has the potential to be as smart as Reed, Stark, Pym, and McCoy, but is constantly sidetracked. This was big during the silver age.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well I wasn't expecting that guy to show up in Spider-Man/Deadpool. :stare:

What was it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Peter died for a bit and Mephisto mocks him because he will never feel complete because of their deal, no matter how much good he does.

haha. that is great. Wonder if they will undue BND with some monkey paw poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Toxxupation posted:

Since the announcement of Civil War: Amazing Spider-Man, I'm considering catching up on the main comic (especially since I read Silk/Spider-Woman/Spider-Gwen anyways). What should I read just to be aware of where Spider-Man's at heading into CWII

You can read it all on MU. :pram:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
When does the clone sage 2 start? Because Marvel Unlimited just had a ton of Ben Reilly centered comics put up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I've been thinking about it and I could see it being undone and Mephisto being "I've brought your true love back to life," and it is Gwen Stacey.

Or it is Ben Reilly.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lobok posted:

Speaking of having fun reading comics, I forgot how good Waid's Daredevil run was. I picked up the monthlies way back when it started but got out of comics for a while. Thanks to MU I'm catching up on it and every issue seems better than the last, especially when my boy Marcos Martin is drawing. I *loved* that dude on Amazing.

I wish Marvel Unlimited had more Cage comics to read with his series coming out only next month. Looks like it's mostly just his time as an Avenger. Thought for sure they would have the classic Heroes for Hire available.

They have most of Cage's original 70s stuff and all of the 90's cage series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Ultimate Doom was terrible. Was he the first misstep in the Ultimate line, or was Ultimate X-Men already loving up?

Ultimate X-Men didn't really gently caress up until Ultimatum.

• Locked thread