Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
I'm just not feeling ASM. What made Superior so good was Doc Ock starting out by doing things his way, and basically doing villainous things to benefit the city in a heroic way. He was different from the previous Spiderman, and a breath of fresh air. Now we're back to business as usual with the most dry wit ever seen. The entire comic felt like the definition of "the more things change, the more they stay the same". I haven't been involved with current Spiderman for too long, and I know returning to status quo is par for the course, but Spockerman was a huge loss for me.

And I love that they have a side comic that explains how Spiderman's powers work, when

-There's a very very very SMALL group of people who are probably going to start on Spiderman at this point
-Even if they never picked up a Spiderman comic, I think a vast majority knows how his powers work by now

And the extra kick to the gut being the larger price tag, because they have to throw in their lovely new Inhumans comic in an already crowded book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.

^burtle posted:

Jesus Christ, you guys were furious Ock was driving, now everyone is cranky Peter is back.

It's Stockholm Syndrome in comic book form.

And I'm probably among the few that really liked Spockerman.

• Locked thread