Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
So when was the spider that bit Peter eaten by the Thousand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Peter's attitude of "hey wow, look at how great my life is now! Thanks Otto!"

The repercussions of Ock's time are loving nill.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Considering there's more than 500,000 copies out there now, Spidey #1 is probably the most worthless of any comic on the stands right now (appreciation wise I mean).

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

If there's one thing that Spider-Man needed after BND, it's another harem full of characters that no one really likes. Reboot completely justified.

To be fair, Peter's "harem" actually did have some likable characters. Norah Winters, MJ, Black Cat, Carol Danvers (sorta). These were all people that fans would have thought were interesting foils for Peter to end up with. It's just unfortunate that he ended up with the blandest one off the bat: Joe Quesada's daughter who he fantasizes hooking up with Spiderman for some reason Carlie Cooper.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Metal Loaf posted:

Cocaine Mescaline is a hell of a drug.

Wacth the Grant Morrison documentary. Cocaine for Morrison is something he adds to his cereal for breakfast every morning.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Gatts posted:

Carlie Cooper is nerdy girl and Peter-lite, it don't work. She doesn't give anything new or interesting for the character to play off of or take him anywhere. Black Cat was interesting enough and she's stuck around as a supporting character for a long time.

The thing about Carlie is that it was the most inorganic relationship seen in the medium of fiction. Every character could not stop saying how perfect she was, and it didn't ring true at all. Marvel had a one issue called "The Great Loves of Spider-Man" and Carlie was on the cover months before they even started dating!

The worst offender was when they originally became a couple. They had gone on a few dates that had essentially barely happened as Peter had to leave to be Spiderman and then the two being an item was never brought up again (except for other characters who would not shut the hell up about it). In the final issue of the Brand New Day era, before Big Time started, Carlie DEMANDED that her and Peter be a couple. Look at this poo poo!

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Waterhaul posted:

A Spider-Woman series where she's being integrated into the Spider-Man books (because?) done by Hopeless, Land and Manara doing some covers.

Even hatin' on Bendis I can't think of a bigger drop in quality between series. It's a shame that Wacker left the Spider books behind.

A Spider Woman book with Bendis and Maleev couldn't prop up the character. Is it Hopeless' job to pump out doomed series for Marvel?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Man everything Spider-Verse not Slott related looks AMAZING.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

I swear to god they'd better not put Cindy loving Moon in the new movies.

Oh please, Silk won't be in the movies.

THAT'S CARLIE COOPER'S JOB.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

SirDan3k posted:

The big reason I want Slott gone is because if his reverse midas holds true we are in for some seriously awesome Spidey when he leaves.

I'm praying for the day when Waid and Samnee are given the keys to the Spider kingdom.

Give Slott Silver Surfer and his own Superior book with Ock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Jesus. MC2 Mary Jane sure as gently caress took Peter's death well.

"Oh yeah he totally died BUT HERE'S HIS COSTUME! BOOM! NEW ERA!"

• Locked thread