Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

Sure! Does Priest even do comics anymore?

Sadly no. He was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think he doesn't do big two comics, he does occasional creator-owned stuff.

Plus he's gone on record as hating the marriage.

Also

http://lamerciepark.com/legacy/comics/spidey.html

Hickman would be a good thing for Spider-man. He'd take it in a direction different than the same old poo poo. Then again, maybe the Deadpool team would be fun too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Die Laughing posted:

You guys are so full of poo poo it's probably coming out of your ears. I'd have a hard time finding an uninteresting character in that run.

And the correct answer for Spider-Man writer is Mark Waid or Zeb Wells.

Zeb Wells and Joe Kelly yes, Waid no. He's against the marriage. NO.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It'd take Jeff Parker levels of good writer. He turned Red Hulk from Loeb and a joke into an interesting character curious enough to follow in 1 issue.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why am I sitting here and I haven't gotten my "Logan is dead and in hell with Jean in Heaven fighting for each other" romance epic illustrated by Hughes and written by Neil Gaiman and subsequently Cyclops dumps Emma for X-23 and we finally get the sort of Cyclops-"Wolverine" romance phase?

EDIT: Well, I guess this is the Spider thread. Not the X thread.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Penelope Parker and Newspaper Spiderman are tops.
Scarlet Spider Ben
Spider Gwen
Scarlet Spider Kaine
Spiderman 2099
Spider Britain

Spider Universe would have been cool but was useless.

Miles' crew would have been good too but we're only for shits and giggles and Leopardon. Spider Ham was more like that pig from Liberty Meadows. Superior was eh. Mayday was there and Silk was the meh and Jessica Drew was like...thrown in.

Spider Punk had a great mini.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Spider-UK died offscreen in Hickman's Avengers.

I think it was said there was only one surviving Britain left and it was eyepatch

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So what's she going to be called in universe?

We have Spider-Girl, Spider-Woman, Silk, Arana, Madame Web, ... is she going to show up to battle one day and Peter's like "GET OUT OF THE WAY SPIDER-GWEN!?" then Norman's eyes grow wide.

Or did I miss it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
And now that Renew Your Vows has left a sour taste in everyone's mouth Marvel can say, welp I guess people don't want a married Peter and they've buried it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

These are the best comics.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Die Laughing posted:

I'll take Peter Parker in Japan any day over just rehashing the same stories they've been doing for the past fifty years. After Slott's first issue and Spiderverse, this has me wanting to buy Amazing Spider-Man for the first time in a long time. Just have some fun with the character. If we get monsters, robots, and a neon Spidey punching them I'm loving sold. If I wanted to read stories with MJ or the Green Goblin I'd go through my long boxes and crush myself under the weight of traditional Spider-Man stories.

Jesus Christ yes please. This is how I felt 10 years ago. I was happy with JMS and as much as I won't read a Slott ASM I do agree the concepts and ideas are fun but executes better by other creative staff

I also find it funny how Marvel doesn't seem to like Peter Parker much after BND and misunderstands why he can be stagnant and what to do about it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
JMS is hands above Slott. Please do not sully him. It'sa me, I'm the one who loved Sins Past.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Im Happy for more MJ. If Bendis puts her in Iron Man and the character isn't treated like crap and is away from Slott that's fine. If she's married to Parker then great.

If it's a bar idea where she's a Nexus and can interact with the wider MU then good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Any good writers in their mid 20s who can update Parker? If we are going for some kind of modern young hip Parker who kids can relate to them he needs a voice other than 40 year old man child.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Blood in the water. Quickly fellow fan sharks! WE CIRCLE!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

hiddenriverninja posted:

Would you sell your marriage to the devil to save your led a full life elderly aunt?

If anything Aunt May should have been pissed at Peter if she ever found out what she did. That'd make a nice story where she goes to hell with a team of heroes to undo it all.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Civil War 2 should have been Spidey vs Iron Man over MJ.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ultimate Doom was fine in concept and such but all Dooms pale in comparison to the 616 Dr. Doom. He was Rabam Alal and God after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why can't I just get all my Spider Bros and Baes hanging out kicking rear end.

Peter, Ben, Kaine, Miles, Jessica and Jessica just going about kicking rear end and being all awesome and poo poo with the Spider Multiverse.

• Locked thread