Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
People say that about X-23 origins but they are only about as grimdark as Wolverine's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Shageletic posted:

What happened to his comic series? I really enjoyed it at the time. Is it the end for that version of the character?

With two flops under his belt Kaine is kaput.

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, god forbid anything interesting happen in Captain Marvel.

It might have been more of her editorial interference or she just needed to make room for Rhody's collective two romantic appearances.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

forgettable.

Yep that sounds like a war machine run alright.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The big reason I want Slott gone is because if his reverse midas holds true we are in for some seriously awesome Spidey when he leaves.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Goons hate memes because they are popular and thier inclusion in Ms. Marvel revealed that our old asses weren't the target audience.

In summary:

Dang whipersnappers with their memes! I'm still the core audience if they don't listen to me the won't get my haypenny! Why in my day potato salad hairbrushzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 6, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

This guy is supposed to be a professional writer?

He at least sounds like one.

"Don't like what I wrote well, uh, I did that on purpose! Ha-ha I am a master artist!"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

"It must be Dan I mean people can't just want the marriage back right?"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Deadpool posted:

I dunno, the majority of people not caring about them seems to be the most likely reason.

You have spoken the forbidden words and doomed us all to drown in a sea of words posted about how important and interesting they both are.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

Slade was cool, at least.

Goodbye and not welcome Bizzaro World Visitor me am not hope you have horrible time on our world.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Miles Morales as sole survivor of the Ultimate Universe, it made Bendis cry.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'm sure in Slott's mind Miles doesn't count but Spock does.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

So he's writing Japanese Spider-man in his quest to stay on a book that sells but not have to write Peter Parker.

Most people would just leave the book when they got tired of writing the main character but Slott knows the only thing keeping him from cancellation is Spider-man inertia.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 30, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Making Peter married makes it so nobody can relate with him!

Okay, so now we're making Peter a world-famous inventor playboy who is super rich and smart and has women on each arm and Spider-Man is his bodyguard. Everyone can relate to that! Also, what do you mean that's exactly what Iron Man is?

You're right this is basically Slott's Iron Man.

I miss you Spidey but if your sacrifice keeps Slott contained to your books then you are truly marvels greatest hero.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Starsnostars posted:

I don't hate Slott with the power of a million exploding suns like some do but he's really been on the title too long. He's survived two rounds of creative musical chairs and it would be great to have someone fresh take over.

Beyond some fun with hyperbole that's my only real problem with Slott, he refuses to leave even after he's obviously gotten bored with the book.

He's deprived me of one of my favorite characters being in better hands because he wants some crown for writing the most spider-man or is scared to leave and end up with another string of 12 issue series that get canned under his belt.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Every big shake up has people jumping on the idea that the marriage is coming back, but it'll probably have to wait until people who grew up with married Peter take power in Marvel.

It's all movie set up man, Paltrow is too old to take up the Rescue identity but a Peter Parker aged MJ in the cinematic universe could.

Actually is MJ still running a bar? Maybe that's the in.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 11, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I wanna write Iron-Man but I don't ant to lose my chance at the Spider-crown, How could I do it? Hrrmmm.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

They tried one time.

Yes but sadly Slott came back in the Bullpen Bullets Wars summer crossover.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

JohnnyCanuck posted:

So agreed. Pete also needs a series where he teaches at Avengers Academy.

...If that's still a thing.

We can't have Pete teaching children stuff, I mean I'd just kill every big plot. Phoenix gonna wipe the solar system? Who took Spidey's How to be a Phoenix host class? Wow that many uh, Rock Paper Scissors tournament for the new Phoenix I guess.

Civil War 3? More like Civil Debate about the depth of responsibility to others inherent in the choice of a career in the super heroic field.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

notthegoatseguy posted:

JMS actually didn't write that story, or he might have only had a co-writing credit. It was someone who worked on Babylon 5 doing a filler arc, and yeah it was pretty good. I don't think Spidey and Loki ever appeared in anything besides mega events.

I'll always remember that as the obvious out they didn't take. Loki owed Peter a favor and leaving peter a monkey's paw wish because he's Loki is much better then having your flagship character going to the devil.

Spider Gwen feels rushed, like they are in too much of a hurry to establish the world's differences instead of letting them come up naturally.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 20, 2015

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

4. Bitch about Slott.

That is pretty much just here.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

X-Men and Spider-Man have both been poo poo for a long time, because of course, what with them being my favorite corners of the Marvel universe and all. Luckily, the auxiliary titles are still good, but the flagships turn good writers into bad or okay writers into outright boring drudgery.

I liked both (most) New Avengers and Slott's Mighty Avengers, but X-Men and Spider-Man under both have been boring as hell.

I think it's some subconscious thing where you know you don't need to use your A-Game to keep the Spidey or The X-Men juggernaut rolling so your brain keeps better ideas in reserve for books that will actually need them to make it past twelve issues. Bendis's steller early work on New Avengers when it wasn't a sure thing and sharp decline as it became unstoppable is my anecdotal evidence.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'd like to see if Elliott Kalan's style is too goofy and meta to pull off a good long run. Even in failure it'd be interesting.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

When has a comicbook main character's pregnancy been that simple?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

We taste your fear Slott! WE TASTE YOUR FEAR!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Die Laughing posted:

Has nobody ever told Dan not to touch the poop?

I'm sure he gets a note about it how he responds to it but we live in a world where you have to touch the poop so that people will think "they touched the poop, that means they might touch my poop, what a down to earth poop toucher" poop touching is in the modern social creative contract.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Early Peter just acted like an actual teenager who life had poo poo on then gave super-powers.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

At this point Spider-Gwen doesn't feel like a book but a long pitch for an alternate universe line of books.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Can I get some spoilers for Spider-Man?

Some youtube/twitter/tumbler amalgam goes on about how awesome it is that Spider-Man is a person of color, it anoys Miles because he doesn't want to be known as The Black Spider-Man he just wants to be Spider-Man.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 2, 2016

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

His suit gets torn on camera, but also his costume is mostly black so this really would have happened anyway.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

X-O posted:

Murdering alternate universe Spider-Men is a long and important part of Marvel tradition.

Reality is they should have starved to death from lack of Spider-Mans.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I have tried really hard to enjoy Spider-Gwen but it's just a big old dud for me. Gwen Stacy with Spider powers as the drummer in an all female rock band is an implied promise both of Gwen Stacy in a rock band and of a rebellious feel. An all female rock band is tantamount to saying this is about women breaking into the boys club and making their marks on a male dominated field but not only was Gwen out of the band by the time the story starts but all this world building that's made her feel like a secondary character in her own book has established that being a super hero is dominated by women. The cops saluted a female Captain America who wouldn't pass the brown paper bag test, so you might as well have an editors note that says "We will not be dealing with any of those touchy issues - Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Editor"

It's an okay book but not what I was looking forward to reading.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Fear not I'm sure Grizzled and Evil from being lost in the multiverse Mayday will kill her to show how serious a threat she is in the totally not bitter about getting canned finale.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The Clone Saga is in joke limbo might as well count the Scarlet Spider run as true for now.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

It also poo poo all over bringing Mysterio back.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Mysterio is in hell working for Mephisto having made a deal to torment Peter in the book.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The old Quentin Beck suicide in Daredevil was what i figured it was about. Slott brought him back, it was dumb as he was not missed.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I don't know why people think Miles was completely erased instead of just having the records altered so that his fingerprints didn't match anything. I mean I'm sure Shield can fake some fingerprints and put them on Miles Morales record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

They "Springtime for Hitler"-ed that book mark my angry, angry words.

• Locked thread