Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Also shouldn't Spider-man's web shooters not work underwater? If so that's a neat idea.

I loved that Annual. The Sinister Six make Spidey take them on in six Lion's Den matches. And he wins.

how does ock not just sink with those ridiculous metal arms attached to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the big difference between the flash and spider-man is that you don't know who any of flash's villains are unless you read the flash

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ultimate peter parker, clearly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

spider-gwen and normal gwen are different characters, one doesn't preclude the other

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

renew your vows obviously refers to when peter and gwen were married in secret wars

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's easy and lets them bring back characters they killed off for free

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yes, so they can have whatever writer that wants to get to play with gwen and peter's relationship do that without ever having to change the status quo for longer than the clone story lasts

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

y'know of all the characters it must suck to be in the spider-man universe, it must suck to be gwen stacy the most

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ryv is what I want asm to be. mj's spider costume is eh tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cap said he deserved it on the next page when iron man and spider woman were about to blow him up, so it's fine I guess

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

speaking of the film, I saw the trailer recently and it looks good. hosed up of peter to steal ganke from miles tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he stays dead, peter becomes scarlet spider and moves to texas (or wherever it was that kaine was living) when his business collapses. miles is tragically killed in an accident and ganke becomes the new spider-man

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

professional rapper ganke west

but no apparently it's this http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/49966956563/how-do-you-pronounce-ganke

can't wait for my ganke to evolve into primape

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the miles/ganke dynamic is good and it'll probably still be good in the movie, even if it's peter parker and ned leeds instead

this movie kinda feels like it was supposed to be about miles until someone decided it should be about peter at the last second to me, but I like both of them so whatever. having it be about miles and then making peter a teacher at the school could have given them both spider-men at once tho, which would have been cool. maybe they just made it peter so they could bring him in for his cameo in captain america 3?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

both spider-men have a secret identity but both of them also have people that know who they are

he can keep it a secret from everyone but his friend ned 'ganke' leeds. I don't see why this is a problem

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they should have made it literally miles but named peter 'parker' morales

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

are people losing their minds over mj in the movie or are they cool with it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

still amazing that they casted emma stone for the female lead in a spider-man movie, then had it be gwen stacey lol

ImpAtom posted:

Some people are losing their mind but others are like "they never said she's MJ! She's not MJ!"

o really? I thought they said it was her in the trailer but I must have misremembered

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was like the perfect mj casting

and yea they chose the redhead for the blonde and the blonde for the redhead. it's just funny to me, idk

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kraven has been alright in the rocket raccoon book

mostly because of rocket's reactions tho to be fair

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

who are squirrel girl's villains

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no I mean like specifically her villains; I know her thing is clowning on people like thanos. I wanna know about the ones that started as squirrel girl villains, like osborn or doc ock did for spider-man

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

That guy whose name I can't remember at this exact moment who cloned himself a billion times?

I can't believe spider-man is a squirrel girl villain

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think part of the problem with miles in the ultimate universe was that after the peter stuff was over, bendis was rushing to get the deal with his dad and girlfriend in before the secret wars event. then civil war (which bendis wrote too, didn't he? so that's doubly his fault) seriously derailed the book at the same time as bendis recapped the dad stuff when it was incredibly unnecessary. events really hurt miles' story a lot and he's only just recently had the chance to recover

... of course, now we're trapped in a lame spider-gwen crossover while the dad storyline spins its wheels and there's still the problem of the venom blast being a poorly defined win button. plus a lot of the ultimate cast is either gone or taking a backseat to his new friends (why even have bombshell there if she's not allowed to do anything)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Since SW Bendis really does seem to have lost the direction with Miles. I feel like there's a better writer out there who could bring him into his own again but I have no idea who that could be.

the dad stuff was the direction things were already heading before secret wars; it just got rushed out the gate there because the universe was ending. everything after peter inexplicably came back, then instantly left felt rushed to me

rip miles' hydra brainwashed girlfriend. always felt kinda bad for her

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

renew your vows is good

the main spidey books are in a bad place tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bombshell's been around in that book for ages. they just haven't done anything with her beyond a couple minor cameos

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you know what I meant!!!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you could but it's kinda bad

the first issue of spectacular is pretty underwhelming as well, at least to me. I agree with imp that renew your vows is the best spidey thing currently going. you could just ignore all that and cherry pick stuff tho. I'd suggest looking into spider-man and the x-men

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's a good point, ultimate spider-man's pretty good and would be a lot more familiar to anyone that's watched the movies than asm is

you'd also have an actual beginning and ending for peter parker's story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ultimate x-men was bad from the word go

• Locked thread