Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Morrison said back when he was doing his Marvel work that he just didn't have anything to say with or about Spidey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don't know what's more embarrassing, Hobgoblin's nonsense gunhammers or that Solo was involved.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Didn't they actually have a conversation about his Spider-Sense literally two issues before that?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hasn't it been like a decade since Morrison decided to sober up? Dude's always been weird, he turned Wile E. Coyote into Christ before he ever got into the club scene and the drugs therein.

Even as a fan, the mythologizing of Morrison is kind of tedious.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Lobok posted:

When I say he should be his own boss I don't mean running a Fortune 500 company. That's why I brought up something like a small shop he can co-own. He gets to use his smarts but in a way more down-to-earth than calibrating Reed's Protonic Widget Array and it keeps him as street level as he can possibly be without being a garbageman or hot dog vendor. You get some supporting cast old dude bringing in a toaster to fix... but he also mentions the proliferation of drug dealers in the area. The guy who owns the bodega next door gets Pete to help fix his refrigerators... and confesses that some mobsters have been leaning on him for protection money. Some kid brings in a gadget of some type he found in his backyard and Pete realizes it's one of Shocker's gauntlets but how did it get in this kid's yard?

I am also really down with the All The Fixin's idea.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Year Zero is selling tons on Batman.

Everything sells tons with Batman.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
JJJ is supposed to be an outstanding newshound. That's why his obsession with Spiderman is pathetic, because in every other aspect he's a guy dedicated to truth but in that one single angle he's blinded. It's pretty sensible that you'd want him on your news team.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You mean Alpha?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
His actual book owned though and he was king of dweebs.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Legitimately good.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Suben posted:

Just go full '90s kids show diversity and have a Spider-Man who swings around in a wheelchair.

Madame Web is BACK!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

ThermoPhysical posted:

You guys are making me want to marathon Spider-Man TAS...

I don't think I can read ASM anymore it's just not worth it. The art's meh at best, the writing is God-awful.

I remember reading Arkham Asylum: Living Hell and just being in love with Slott's work. Where did he go so wrong? What the gently caress happened? He turned into a manchild who can't take critics on Twitter and a bad author in comics.

I wouldn't reread Living Hell unless you need a quick disappointment in your life. It's not as bad as his current work but the inherent weakness in his writing is super evident nowadays.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
We can only hope Morlun gets turned into an ashtray by the end of this.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Morlun attacking with too many recovery frames leaving him open for a team aerial combo is an idea too good for Slott, let's be fair.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's actually to keep in all the vapors because Bunting smells super delicious.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
BSS posters haven't talked to a teenager since they were teenagers, news at 11.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Yinlock posted:

Man what happened. I remember long ago reading about Spider-Man getting a sweet dune buggy and doing donuts on the side of the Daily Bugle and thinking "Yes, this is what I want from my comic books." And now we just have...this.

I have a theory that when any creator gets to a certain level of popularity/success, they flip a coin. Heads they go directly up their own rear end, tails they hate everything they've ever done but are weirdly possessive of it.

Very very rarely the coin lands on it's side and they are freed from the curse.

John Byrne's coin is still being examined by scientist as it constantly oscillates to whatever would cause him to be the shittiest human being at the moment.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The day John discovers the discrete endoscope will be a dark day.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Edge just likes the pedagogy of exaggeration. It's very fitting for BSS.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Greg Weisman will be taking those spidey stories to the grave, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
.....Wasn't that actually Vulpes Vulpes

• Locked thread