Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I think most people in this thread don't want Dan Slott writing Spider-man. I know I don't. And precisely no one asked for Spider-verse. On a related note, I hated Slott trying to shoehorn his Morlun crap into a much better story (Hickman's new Avengers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Yeah, I read because a friend of mine picks it up. I'd certainly not pay for Slott's current output. Which sucks because Spider-man is hands down my favorite character. Marvel gets plenty of my cash, but none of it for Spider-man and I hate that. Oh well guess I'll ways have Miles.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

The Question IRL posted:

Frankly, the stuff the Cabal has done is worse than anything Morlun has done. Like he's seriously amateur hour compared to what the Cabal has been doing.

From a totally objective standpoint, sure. But the writing is handled entirely different. Hickman is demonstrating how far out of Namor's control the Cabal has fallen. Slott's writing of late seems mean spirited in a way that's directed at his audience.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I just wish he'd have some sort of sitcomish head injury and go back to being the Dan Slott that wrote the first of his She-Hulk run, and Spidey/Torch. But that Dan is dead now.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Why does the Anne Rice Fanclub suddenly want to go all multiversal genocide on their food supply all of a sudden?

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
So the ending to Spider-verse is actually pretty much:

Good job tie-in writers, please exercise whatever influence you have with Marvel editorial to replace ol' Dan as the Spider-man writer.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

net cafe scandal posted:

Who is everyones favorite alt universe Spider-Man? Mine is SP//Dr.

SP//dr rocked but Spider-Punk was my favorite.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Well Spider-verse was just plain bad now, wasn't it?

I'm legitimately torn. The actual story, the main thrust of it was completely worthless. But most of the tie-ins were pretty amazing. Without this, we wouldn't have Spider-Gwen, Spider-Punk, or SP//dr. Hell most of the rest of the tie-ins were at least enjoyable. If Spider-mans VS Vampire: The Masquerade was the price to pay for these other, actually good stories then I'm ok with that.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I would never have thought that Gerard Way would be a good comics writer.

If you haven't checked it already, I can't recommend the Umbrella Academy enough. Crazy cool story and gorgeous art.

Dreqqus fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 14, 2015

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Yeah I read up till maybe issue 3, but he was treating it as something Norrin could just turn on and off.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Dan Slott posted:

Believe it or not, Slott's first reaction to Robbi Rodriguez's Spider-Gwen design was to reject it

Haha

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Silk was pretty good. I also enjoyed ASM 16.1. Nothing groundbreaking, but a nice little start to a down to Earth Spider-man story.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Best Spidey moment of the day is in Mighty Avengers. You should all read Mighty Avengers.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Spider-man and the X-men was incredibly good. I really hope Kalan gets more books going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Spider Island had some fun ideas and one of my favorite Punisher stories, but like almost all of Slott's Spidey events, the main story is bad.

• Locked thread