Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
There's also Kaine in New Warriors and Venom in Guardians of the Galaxy if that counts maybe. Please buy NW, don't let Kaine die again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Suben posted:

Or Aracely!

I really wish that in all of the Superior stuff we could've at least had SpOck meet her.

Yeah but it's one thing tricking the X-men and the Avengers into not mindreading him, and another very different to try and stop Aracely from doing so.

Kinda wanna see a What If? where Aracely comes with Kaine to meet Peter and ends up convincing Ock to give the body back, then Amazing Scarlet Spider Family Adventures :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Kaine backup was pretty sweet and the Miguel one made me grin from ear to ear :allears:
Peter finding out Dock's been doing it with Anna, and she finding out SpOck was gonna propose is hilarious, but not enough to drop more cash into this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I was really excited over Peter coming back because I thought Avenging Spider-man would be re-renamed and i'd be able to read Peter in a monthly comic. Then it just wasn't announced ever.

Miles Morales:, New Warriors and 2099, tho. Decent time to be a Spidey fan.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really want Zeb Wells to take over, but if he gave up Elektra for his other work then I just can't see him committing to comics.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Doc Ock's tentacles holding guns makes me feel very :3: for some reason.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

When it goes into crossover territory, don't bother with Minimum Carnage. It's soooo bad.

I'm still mad they locked the christmas issue with the Minimum Carnage trade.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They should make Hastings do it, his Deadpool Annual was the best Spidey i've read in a while. :3: "That's because diet Dr. Pepper doesn't really taste like the real thing, baby!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Edge of the Spider-verse mini sounds pretty solid.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nah, it's probably just gonna be generic "aha! i pretended to be good so they'd bail me out of jail!" arc. That said, i'd love to see the newspaper do Superior. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lobok posted:

I'm reading through the second grade of Scarlet Spider now, and really enjoying it, but there's one issue that ends off with "continued in Minimum Carnage!" I've already skipped past it to keep going through the trade but is Minimum Carnage worth reading?

Also, once I'm done the Scarlet Spider trades what should be next if I want his continuing adventures? I see mixed reviews about New Warriors.

You're better off reading issue 12 than Minimum Carnage, issue 12's included in the trade, but the recap page is all you need and it's also possibly The Best Issue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Spider-man 2099 was so nice :allears: I was thinking the art wasn't too bad, but then that future guy burst from the wall and I couldn't believe how bad Miguel being knocked away looked.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Probably not, but I can't afford no fancy hat like Magneto has.

In the Marvel universe it's the year of our lord the high evolutionare 2014, and there's still no publicly available anti-mind reader helmet. Thanks Obama.

Y'know, I think Scott could stop a good chunk of mutant racism if he promised all his supporters anti-mind reading helmets 'Why hate us when we have these hats that will stop the GOVERNMENT from reading your mind! They started with your emails, don't let them invade your privacy further!'

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

What's the opinion on Mike Costa? He's writing a Scarlet Spiders mini.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Fred is on posted:

Who's the Spider-Man holding a chocolate bar? 1967 cartoon? Newspaper comic? Electric Company? Dear god, I hope Electric Company Spidey makes an appearance.

No Japanese Spider-Man on that cover, disappointing. I hope the reason we haven't seen any of him yet is so that he can show up at the very end during the final battle and save the day with his giant robot.

In fact, screw having a coherent story entirely. I just want an endless series of vignettes starring a bunch of obscure Spideys. That would probably be better than what we're more likely to get.

I think they confirmed Japanese Spider-man in the Spider-verse panel. There's also gonna be a team-up mini with random Spideys (they didn't say which team-ups they'll be, but it can apparently be combinations like Miles and Spider-ham)

Newspaper comic and 1967 cartoon Spideys team up and stupid their way to save the day :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I am sad Armor Spider-Man died because I remember as a kid thinking that it was the raddest poo poo ever after seeing it on the 90s cartoon. Also because that Peter was basically Iron Man. Oh well...

Now that I'm thinking about the 90s cartoon I can only hope that 90s animated Spider-Man is recruited and immediately has to be saved from falling to the ground once he learns that webbing has to actually connect to things in other universes rather than just flying up into the sky to grapple onto nothing.

Oh man, that Peter owned :allears: He had Gwen, Ben, the Osborns and a Mech.

90s cartoon Spider-man has to be unable to punch anyone, and whenever he does something the same Oscorp wall at night time has to blow up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The opening bit was pretty great, but yeah, desperately waiting on a new artist.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

You guys are making me want to marathon Spider-Man TAS...

I don't think I can read ASM anymore it's just not worth it. The art's meh at best, the writing is God-awful.

I remember reading Arkham Asylum: Living Hell and just being in love with Slott's work. Where did he go so wrong? What the gently caress happened? He turned into a manchild who can't take critics on Twitter and a bad author in comics.

There's always Spider-man 2099 where he fantasizes of solving his problems by throwing people out of windows. Never followed Slott closely, but I think the consensus is that it all started on the later half of his She-Hulk run where he became continuity cop and then wrote the nothingness that was Mighty Avengers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That's a misconception. Fossil fuel is mostly plankton.

You mean dinosaur toys aren't made with real dinosaurs? :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I now fully understand when people say that ignorance is bliss. I want to go back to thinking that dinosaur toys are technically made with dinosaurs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Outside of the Hopelessland stuff and Dan Slott's stuff in the main books, Spider-verse looks pretty decent, nothing setting the world on fire, but tons of okay people doing fun stuff with the spider-people. I'm down for this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Well get ready because his voice acting work has not improved in the slightest since!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55086

Love the dude, but that is not very good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I agree with pretty much everything in that post.

In good Spider-verse news tho, the Spider-Gwen issue was even more amazing than I could've hoped.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And it ties pretty well with his own stuff since he's literally working on the origins of Alchemax.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really, really hope Spider-man & The X-Men is good, I want to read some Peter so much. At least the Spider-verse tie-ins have been pretty good so far.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Same team as the Edge of the Spider-verse issue, too! Please let it be in-continuity to that book and not shove her into 616

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Doubt it as she has been announced to appear in Spider-women, so guess its going to be sort of a backdoor pilot for this book.

But isn't her appearance in Spider-women a tie-in to Spider-verse? She could still stay in her cool universe for the ongoing. Please don't ruin it marvel...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

Three pages of dumb crying about Amazing Friends Spider-Man being killed in a pretty funny way and no tears for Spider-Man Unlimited? HIS WHOLE PLANET IS ANIMALS. Time to eat the animals.

Waitwaitwiatwait what did Slott do to Spider-man Unlimited????? Did he off that Spidey too? :( he's going to murder 90's cartoon spider-man and madam web in the time tunnel right before they find MJ, isn't he...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

lmao two people actually give a poo poo about spider-man unlimited

What a buncha maroons (not being sarcastic. cartoon sucked - just like Amazing Friends)

Just because it sucked doesn't mean I shouldn't care for it. :( It was a great awful cartoon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

How long will it be until Captain Falcon has appeared more in Smash Brothers than in F-Zero games?

Halfway there, we need four more Smash Bros. games

Anyway, with Spider-women coming out, using Spider-Woman in the title probably would've made stuff confusing, so i'm all for Spider-Gwen. Now we just need to convince Marvel to change it to Captain Falcon and Captain Falcon & The Mighty Avengers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am getting too many kicks out of this Spider-verse issue. If you liked any anime in the past twenty years you'll probably find at least one reference in this comic. SP//dr goes to class with the loving cast of Evangelion!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Well, at least there'll keep being tie-ins, lets hope Miles & Cartoon Ultimate Spider-man teaming up to save 60's Cartoon Spider-man can measure up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SirDan3k posted:

I don't get how anybody can care about the spider-verse at all. The main villain is loving Morlun.

All Morlun stuff is mostly staying with Slott, so all the bad stuff's nicely fit together while the rest is alternate Spider-people having little adventures, that much owns.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Fred is on posted:

Is this really going to be a thing? Please say yes.

I generally enjoyed Edge of Spider-Verse, especially this one, but all of them except the Spider-Gwen one had the problem where they started telling a story, then abruptly veered into the less interesting crossover plot. I wouldn't have minded spending two or three more issues in that weird Marvel-meets-Gainax world.
"One story in "Spider-Verse Team-Up" sees Miles Morales and the Spidey from the current "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon teaming up to rescue Spider-Man from the 1960s cartoon."
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56244

This is why the main stuff with Slott leaves such a bad taste in mouth, over on that side of the crossover is "MORLUN KILLS THE SPIDEY YOU LIKE!" and over on the tie-in side so far it's "Look at these different Spideys having adventures in their interesting universes, ending on meeting more Spideys to team-up with!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really hope SP//dr gets a mini or something down the line, if only to see that universe's JJJ yelling "GET IN THE ROBOT, PARKER!!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

Also Kaneda from Akira had a cameo. I didn't see the Simon one which is surprising consider how much I love Gurren Lagann.

Just before we see the cast of Eva, he's not as obvious, tho.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

Oh my God this is awesome. I started out with Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends so this is something new to me. I love how they apparently said Spider-Man couldn't hit anyone so he just ended up running away a lot and got tired. Also his spider-sense just kind of disappeared halfway through. Loved it.

People hating on Dan Slott, I completely understand as his current ASM stuff is loving awful and his attitude on Twitter is worse...but I have one question. How did you feel about the Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions game because Slott wrote that.

Spidey 2099 was written terribly. The banter is pretty excellent and the plot very simple and fun.
When Slott keeps stuff like that he's pretty good, but if he tries to get somewhat serious then we get garbage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Senor Candle posted:

It is referencing previous events though.

Inhumans: Attilan Risin and (ultimate universe) The End
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56623

It has to be something about secret wars, no matter how hard you want to believe.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Waterhaul posted:

He's just seen in a splash page image of different universes in #9 minus his giant robot. Though he also isn't the only Spider person with a giant robot hanging around.

There better be a spider-verse team-up issue where every spider-prson with a mech team up and combine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

That's who we thought it was, but Slott is throwing a CURVE BALL and saying his identity is a secret.

Which means it's Uncle Ben and his death will spurn our Peter on to victory.

That Uncle Ben's death should make Peter go all gurren lagann on the Leopardon and make it galaxy-sized to defeat Morlun.

• Locked thread