Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How much will people riot if Spidercide comes back and Ben doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

A new Scarlet Spider series from Peter David and Mark Bagley is coming.

It spoils the fact that Kaine and Ben both survive Clone Conspiracy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I'll give it a shot but I just kinda don't care about them replacing Kaine with what sounds like Kaine 2.0. I'm not really sure there's much demand for "we brought Ben Reily back but he's a completely different character now."

Well it'd be kind of weird to just ignore everything Slott did to him even if I'm not a fan of it.

And... I'm not really sure how he's like Kaine. Kaine as Scarlet was brooding and more violent than Peter. This is Ben struggling with some real trauma that he's endured and being caught between identities.

Also Kaine is going to be an important character, so.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Well, I mean... everything you pointed out there is unavoidable due to the circumstances he was brought back with.

I mean. I doubt CC was conceived and pitched for the sake of this book.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything? I never said that CC was made for this book, just that it's gonna have to work to impress me and seems like a poor fit for Ben Reily fans.

Well, you were talking about this book when you talked about "reasons for bringing back a dead character" and that's the conclusion I drew from your words. I apologize.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How are people feeling Scarlet Spider? I read this last issue with him and Kaine and I was entertained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

The series should be from Kaine's perspective, because I haven't met a person yet who wants to read from "Monkey's paw revived Ben Reilly"'s POV at all. He's just dumb and evil.

I mean. Another writer basically left Ben in this state. I'm not sure what else he should be written as, and Kaine's perspective wouldn't really lend well towards a story where Ben changes or grows out of what Jackal turned him into. If the book were about Kaine it'd just be more Kaine, which is fine but I wanna see my boy Ben back and the only way to do that is to make something out of the mess Slott created somehow. David can't really just ignore it.

• Locked thread