Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Given that I was like 5 or 6 at the time, that cover is everything I understand and love about comics. I can't look at it without smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

The Question IRL posted:

If it's any consolation, that Peter at least got to heroically sacrifice himself to save his family.
The way things are going in the Marvel Multiverse even if he hadn't appeared here, Peter and his entire universe would have died unaware when their Earth hit another Earth. Or he would have been gruesomly murdered by Thanos and the Cabal and turned into lawn chairs, right before they set off a bomb that blows up Peter's Earths.

Things be grim in Alternate Earth lands.

That does bring up an interesting point - perhaps the reason why Spider-Verse is happening now, and all of these alternate Spider-Men are getting killed off is because the end game of Hickman's Avengers may be to wipe out the multiverse during Secret Wars anyway.

Considering they have the big Marvel writer retreats, I could see one leading into the other.

• Locked thread