Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

E the Shaggy posted:

Peter's attitude of "hey wow, look at how great my life is now! Thanks Otto!"

The repercussions of Ock's time are loving nill.

I mean gently caress Slott but did you just skip the pages with the girlfriend, Electro, JJ, and Black Cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

vegeta dentata posted:

Finally, what we've all been waiting for. Slott's tsundere fantasy wish fulfillment.

I read it as some sort of "we don't get along but our powers make us wanna fuuuuuuuuuuuuck" thing. Based off of their total lack of chemistry, and Morlun's comments from his suite on Barsoom. I expect this is going to be a nuanced examination of compulsive sexual behavior and this storyline will be Spidey's "Demon in a Bottle"

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I don't remember Spider-man 2099 being on the spectrum, and that strikes me as extra weird since Peter David is writing it.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

A better issue than I expected.

Some speculation: I assume Old Man Spider-man is the black sheep Inheritor, and it's already been established that they can snack on cosmic power so Enigma Force Spidey is probably lunch in the 2nd/3rd act.

Also assume Scion = Spider-Scion a 2014 FR-S from a parody of the Cars universe. (or Miles)

Vishass fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 7, 2014

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

Still Vietnam. Remender de-aged him during FrankenCastle...well, after he was cured of it, anyway.

People kept saying that Rucka upgraded him to just "the war" but I don't recall that ever being in an issue. Maybe it was on the recap page or something?

He got his age reset before that when he turned into an angel, and then came back to life between series. There was a brief acknowledgement that plot-line did happen in "Welcome Back Frank"

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

Did he even actually write his Symbiote Planet story? Or have I just blissfully ignored Guardians and missed it?

Has Venom even done anything in Guardians?

Flash Thompson is the greatest host, and the suit upgrades to v2. Also the race are call the Klandars or something (which is dumb but at least it's a proper name) and are not actually bad. There are offshoots that are bad so Planet of the Symbiotes still happened, and bad bonds result in monsters. blah blah blah it is stupid but still not the stupidest thing that has happened to Venom.

Venom suit upgrade sort of looks like a mix between the Disney Infinity design (proportions) and a space marine.

edit:

The Ham switcheroo makes no sense. Uncle Ben splits like the panel after they arrive in the room.

Vishass fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 12, 2015

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Pete did the same thing in Avengers Disassembled (where he got the organic shooters). There is a precedent for human-again spider-men bursting out of giant dead spiders. That was less surprising than Mary Jane giving 0 shits Pete died.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

How obnoxiously racist/stereotypical will Slott write Japan? How long until Spider-Man saves Japan from a giant monster?

Opening page followed by a: 2 weeks earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Tato posted:

Ever since I saw Goblin 2099 on the cover solicit for Spidey 2099 #11, I was looking forward to Peter David finding a tongue in cheek way to address the old issue of the first Spider-Man 2099 series when the identity of Goblin was changed without his knowledge after he left the book. (See http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/03/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-410/2/).

I was not disappointed, the jokes about the identity switch begin on page 1 and continue all throughout. You can always count on PAD to deliver the goods by referencing minute things he wrote 20 years ago and almost no one read. :hellyeah:

That makes a little more sense. I was wondering why Goblin was the wrong person and the book was harping on it.

• Locked thread