Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I'm pretty sure Amazing #1 will sell like wheathotcakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

The best part of early ASM is whoever is writing the words on the page clearly doesn't give a gently caress.

ASM #2 spends the entire issue calling him "Peter Palmer".

ASM #3 Doc Ock calls him, in bold letters, Super-Man.
It's not the letterer, it was Lee himself

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Spider-Woman: Origin sold ok.

24 101.27 SPIDER-WOMAN ORIGIN #1 (Of 5)* $2.99 MAR 63,953
35 70.03 SPIDER-WOMAN ORIGIN #2 (Of 5) $2.99 MAR 43,684
43 61.03 SPIDER-WOMAN ORIGIN #3 (Of 5) $2.99 MAR 40,553
55 56.97 SPIDER-WOMAN ORIGIN #4 (Of 5) $2.99 MAR 39,768
52 52.96 SPIDER-WOMAN ORIGIN #5 (Of 5) $2.99 MAR 38,602

I think it depends on the origin story, really. Again, Spider-Woman had a bit of a confusing origin involving a few retcons, so the appeal of this series was to just set it out. Like people have said, we don't need a retelling of Spider-Man's origin. We already have the definitive one.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

techknight posted:

The stories could just take place on Earth-200500, where all of the Avengers have beards:

Just realising that Scarlet Witch looks like Conchita Wurst. :allears:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The worst thing is that Land being on it will probably mean it'll last longer than Agent of S.W.O.R.D. did. :smith:

(Well, maybe...Bendis is probably a bigger draw than Land is).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Astro Nut posted:

Peter's greatest enemy in general is the power of the Status Quo, particularly after the films re-popularised young and nerdy Peter (though amusingly, he was in University before the first film even ended). Didn't the 90s briefly toy around with the idea of him being a teacher at least? Kinda sad that sort of thing didn't stick - Peter with a profession outside of the photojournalism would've given him a lot more room to go about doing the whole patenting web fluid thing, and getting some better qualifications.
JMS had Peter become a teacher when he took over in 2001. Prior to that, with the Vol. 2 relaunch, he was working as a lab assistant or something.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Castomira posted:

So I just read Spider-Woman #4, and that was my first real experience reading anything related to Jess and Carol's friendship. Where can I get more of that? Should I be reading Captain Marvel?
Not really the current volume, since she's in space. The previous volume, though, had Jessica show up in a few stories. Both volumes were written by Kelly Sue Deconnick, you're looking for the one which started in 2012. You could also check out Deconnick's run on Avengers Assemble, which ran around the same time as her first Captain Marvel volume. She took over the book with #8.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Renew Your Vows... :yikes:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The Peter and family stuff was the best part of it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

e: nm misread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I read the first 2 issues of Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man. It's good, and it's fun, but I dunno. I kind of like my Spidey books with more of a serious tone, and humour injected into it, if that makes sense. I suppose it's not a bad thing to differentiate the two Peter Parker Spidey books on the stands, though.

• Locked thread