Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just convinced a child to start crying and pretend a guard was their deadbeat dad to cause a scene and sneak in somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

eonwe posted:

I just convinced a child to start crying and pretend a guard was their deadbeat dad to cause a scene and sneak in somewhere

I love chinese games

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

Xun posted:

Have you figured out how the actually use the wardrobe system? No idea how to get the special currency to switch appearances but I've been loving around with other stuff
I am!

What's the pvp like? I enjoyed dunking on people with the goon collective in wushu and would like to do that again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think its mostly instanced pvp, apparently theres also faction pvp and also, according to an option in the UI at least, the ability to turn on JIANGHU MODE

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

There does seem to be some sort of open world pvp in the works with a pvp zone and a karma system outside of that. You can only pvp max level players though

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Who's excited for new school sets?

I got a Facebook notice and was honestly just surprised the game was still going.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I don't think anyone in this thread actually still plays Chinagame.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I play it every day in my heart

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

angerbeet posted:

:same:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
If you don't approach every life challenge with this music, what's the point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fXOqS5APrY&t=5578s

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

angerbeet posted:

It's a testament to just how absurd the game was. So many games just pass by to be forgotten and chinagame just sticks around forever.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE LAWS OF THE FLYING EAGLE STRONGHOLD AND

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this comment section is my only claim to fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNnxJMPKYac

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Pham Nuwen posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE LAWS OF THE FLYING EAGLE STRONGHOLD AND

I START DOING THE MOVES RIGHT ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CHIENMA

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
wutang

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SANGUINE MOON BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE AND HAVE TO DO ANOTHER TEAM PRACTICE.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Man I remember goonunism, good times. I didn't help with the crafting, but I remember making a poo poo ton of the basic bitch food.. rice cakes? Steamed buns? I know it had rice because I remember planting metric shittons of it.

From what I remember having a food buff (at all) was pretty important since it gave you Regen, so I absolutely flooded the goon bank with cheap tier 1 food for free so no goon would throw up on a man with an empty stomach.

I actually remember goons forming a makeshift bodyguard for my rice fields once the vietnamese figured out what I was doing by flooding "their" fields (I think all fields to plant poo poo was public and limited?) with massive amounts of low tier farms which appearently had the nice side effect of cutting into their bottom line.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There was always farmland in Evil Men's Valley, it was just kind of out of the way.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

There was always farmland in Evil Men's Valley, it was just kind of out of the way.

poo poo before I quit playing (about 1.5 years after launch) you could farm just about anywhere because even the bots quit farming they were just Liang farming with kidnaps.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So I bought in to Swords of Legends.

Oh boy, the localization is not good straight out of the gate. It seems to be some guys from the office to do the VA and google translate.. at least the VAs seem to pronounce the Chinese names correctly though.

Game looks fairly pretty though and the lack of P2W and any premium subscription is nice.

There gonna be a goon guild for this at all ? any interest in one ?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

There's a SOLO thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968463

There's a discord link on the last few pages to an NA goon guild

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes but also no

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Rexxed posted:

Eagle claw dick punch forever.

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
IDK why I felt like randomly sharing this but I emailed the old CM that seemed to be cool as I saw on his LinkedIn profile (no I'm not a stalker) he got promoted to Director at SnailUSA, just to see if he could confirm if Age of Wushu 2 was ever actually happening:

Date was Nov 2017 so... I don't think its happening

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I spent an afternoon a few weeks ago trying to explain this game to my friends and felt like I was having a stroke. Telling them you could spit alcohol on people until they threw up or you could get kidnapped while logged out of the game, or the time I did some random event quest that no one knew the steps for or could understand and somehow solved it, got a table, and then a goon tried to make a cool sword for me and failed.

Instead of "will there ever be a good MMO again" we need to ask "will there ever be another MMO that is so bad it's good"

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
SO I downloaded and started playing around again. I don't understand anything anymore: there are literally dozens of token-currencies and it seems impossible to even discern which are related to discontinued events.

Didnt we figure out the secrets of REs, NPC favor, and whatever? I haven't gotten an RE within a day of resubscribing to VIP, which is a bummer. The server pop seems small enough that its not worth it for botters to even bother- but somehow, prices have not moved in the past 5 years. Who is buying all of the ferrets generated by these REs?!?!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Almond Crunch posted:

SO I downloaded and started playing around again. I don't understand anything anymore: there are literally dozens of token-currencies and it seems impossible to even discern which are related to discontinued events.

Didnt we figure out the secrets of REs, NPC favor, and whatever? I haven't gotten an RE within a day of resubscribing to VIP, which is a bummer. The server pop seems small enough that its not worth it for botters to even bother- but somehow, prices have not moved in the past 5 years. Who is buying all of the ferrets generated by these REs?!?!

It's just the same pay2win culture with idiots still dropping money and keeping the economy afloat from what I have heard.

Also side note I have looked into private servers because I thought at one point what harm could it be to make a goon run one however there are no leaks of it at least on English speaking sites and nobody has attempted to put together an emulator. Maybe one day we will all play a terrible China game again (and can put in the old Text.package for the Engrish).

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
REs every other day for weeks now. Too bad the pet supply has now vastly outnumbered players

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've probably said this before but I really liked the blend of pvp into everything in this game. The random pulled in assassin stuff for guild carts and boss fights and jail breaks was a really good mechanic, along with the school raiding and kidnapping. It's a shame about the excessive freemium currencies and cash shop additions.

I've found that trying most modern MMOs I just can't stand much collecting of 0/22 bear asses for any quests so I mostly just play pvp games now.

Azmund
Mar 27, 2010
I still remember growing a lemon tree field from which we ambushed caravans. I don't know what this game was but it was certainly weird. I tapped out when the headbutt style got put in I think. Making people swallow the whale was a joy.

Soren_
Apr 3, 2012

angerbeet posted:

i think weekly i replay those little crafting minigames, playing DDR to raise my skills, and getting wombo combo'd by some reds because they don't like my guild tag...

or coming back online to get that message that i was kidnapped...

is there anything thats remotely like wushu? is this what it was like to play SWG?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We tried a bunch of different asian games. They can get close, but not nearly the same.

And most of them don't come to the west or get translated well.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Azmund posted:

I still remember growing a lemon tree field from which we ambushed caravans.

This is still one of my fondest pvp memories in any game.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I still have a soft spot for rigging a school competition by repeatedly divebombing the leader off the side of a cliff so that they missed it. That cliff needed a good five minute climb again too.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Rynoto posted:

I still have a soft spot for rigging a school competition by repeatedly divebombing the leader off the side of a cliff so that they missed it. That cliff needed a good five minute climb again too.

The day I figured out that you can use the one shout/aoe knockback skill that doesn't do damage to push people around without breaking their the synchronized dancing training was the best day. I pushed so many groups off the drat waterfall

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

single player twin stick shooter game Tale of Immortal is close to wushu

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

There's also Amazing Cultivation Simulator that's Wushu Rimworld.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Haquer posted:

It's just the same pay2win culture with idiots still dropping money and keeping the economy afloat from what I have heard.

I forgot I made a chrome extension that replaces all instances of the words "the economy" with "rich people's yacht money" and this made reading this exponentially better.

EDIT: There's also immortal way of life which is probably the closest thing to "cultivator sim" out there. Translation is rough cause devs harded coded a bunch of strings, but it's passable and I'm finalizing work on the mod to deal with the last hold outs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Azmund posted:

I still remember growing a lemon tree field from which we ambushed caravans. I don't know what this game was but it was certainly weird. I tapped out when the headbutt style got put in I think. Making people swallow the whale was a joy.

Lemon day was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
so I moved to the taiwan server- there's a full english patch, and vip/silver are significantly cheaper

https://yiuzen.com/