Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Maybe all the P2W will jump over in hopes of being top dogs with their ability to buy their way through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbot posted:

Oh good lord they're going to open another server.

You have to be making GBS threads me.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.
Haq nice job with the post. I think WV4 is something like "Life-Taking 13 Blades" (you missed that in your post). -Drizle

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got back into this today and made a Wudang with my Steam account. I dont even remember the login details to my poor Royal Guard. Hopefully I dont end up hating Wudang forever.

I'm gonna miss running up walls during our first-ever guild hall battle to hook retarded afk TDH players into the Beggar swarm.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

powerful weedlock posted:

I got back into this today and made a Wudang with my Steam account. I dont even remember the login details to my poor Royal Guard. Hopefully I dont end up hating Wudang forever.

I'm gonna miss running up walls during our first-ever guild hall battle to hook retarded afk TDH players into the Beggar swarm.

Haq this is what happens when you change my posts.

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
WTF NEW SERVER

also reposting my greatest salt contribution to new thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRq4Hoils6o&t=444s

and my salt contribution yesterday

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
If you guys want another lemonparty with apples (2x the size) I still have quite a bit on an alt if I can recall the log-in. If you manage to get the server population back up high enough, it would be good to repeat so just let me know.
Below is original wall of text for new players for lemon parties (gives the videos from Grithok some context)

original post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542608&pagenumber=93&perpage=40#post415927487

whoopy posted:

Cross post from griefing thread:

Age of Wushu - Goon Tang Clan 1st Invitational Lemon Party

Skip to the videos below if you don't want/need an explanation.

Firstly some context. In age of wushu every week the top 10 crafters each get prize boxes, in these boxes are often special outfits. We discovered that the farmer profession got points for planting crops but didn't have to harvest the crops to get rank. Last week my character got in the top 10 and got a reward box containing an outfit.

Some people in the guild thought the outfit looked funny because it looks even more like peasant lowbie gear than the gear starting players get. We set out to plant but not harvest many, many crops. This started to cause lag in the surrounding area and even culling when too many crops get planted. Then the server crashed.

We had no clue if the crash was our fault, but we felt it was our duty to stress test the server by going to the busiest zone and growing the biggest sized crops we could. Normal planting looks like this:
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/iaaWXBb.jpg[/timg]

This is a goon plantation:

Then we realised that unlike most crops that despawn in 5-10 minutes of not being harvested lemon trees last a good 45-60 min. We soon had the entire farmland of the zone covered in trees so no one could grow anything else. Then we noticed all the carts going past our plantation.

Wushu is a pvp focused game, one of the tasks available is protecting carts rear end they travel between two locations. Players not fr4om your guild may click on your cart to flag as a bandit and attack and destroy your cart stealing the reward you would have got from the task. Our makeshift lemon forest gave us the perfect cover to raid many carts

The entire area was a laggy mess full of culling due to so many extra entities. Players would approach the forest in confusion then real back as darts, claws, and angry goons flew out to destroy them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhNPrk8auZU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1LU...player_embedded

funakupo fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 30, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hole Wolf posted:

I really don't care if people roll Wudang now, since they can always drop for the Tai Chi factions instead of being stuck in an awful class :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

funakupo posted:

If you guys want another lemonparty with apples (2x the size) I still have quite a bit on an alt if I can recall the log-in. If you manage to get the server population back up high enough, it would be good to repeat so just let me know.
Below is original wall of text for new players for lemon parties (gives the videos from Grithok some context)

original post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542608&pagenumber=93&perpage=40#post415927487

God drat lemon thieves.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

funakupo posted:

original post

To update this, dud has something like 20 stacks of apple seeds.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Haquer posted:

You have to be making GBS threads me.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/340

quote:

We are please to annouce the launch of our newest Age of Wushu server, Silver Viper!

:snailgames:

Christ they just merged two dead servers.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Rip wushu

Died to viper poison

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

If it weren't for goons, this game would be really bad and boring. I can see why it has such a low population - if you don't go in with a big group of pre-existing friends, there's a long time where you wont be doing anything. Ever.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Do they like, not understand how the gently caress servers work

:wtc:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

KittyEmpress posted:

If it weren't for goons, this game would be really bad and boring. I can see why it has such a low population - if you don't go in with a big group of pre-existing friends, there's a long time where you wont be doing anything. Ever.

I think if it weren't for goons the only people who would be playing it are the 6 pay to win people and their army of alts.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Threaten that all goons are going to move to the new server to grief.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
We declared war since Leffe issued a :siren:DOUBLE DOG DARE:siren: against BloodFate tonight, which is one of the "neutral" guilds that is full of shitheads.

There's a possibility we might just call it a protection war but chances are we're actually going to attack their base because we don't like them.

What: War! (maybe)
Where: South Shaolin (Frost Plum Valley)
When: 19:40 server
Why: gently caress BloodFate

E: Meant to have this ready for the OP but totally forgot about it:

Just added it.

Haquer fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 1, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Third World Reggin posted:

Threaten that all goons are going to move to the new server to grief.

Nah, stage some fake drama on the forums, talk about how GoonTangClan is breaking up due to being tired of losing to TDH/HTH/Whatever, and that some of our members are moving to the new server to avoid them then wait for people to bite into it and start trying to start stupid wars with our 'split population'.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I vaguely remember dicking around with this at release with a facial expression close to :stare: as I read through the horribly translated text and punched bandits or whatever the hell I was doing. Flying skills were rad though.

Couple of quick questions:

1) All the new Schoolless faction stuff super confuses me. Are these like...advanced classes? Alternate classes? Are they powerful to the point where they should be where you're aiming to end up or is it fine to just stick with a School?

2) I'm Australian and my ping will probably suck horribly. Scholar still viable or would Tangmen be the way to go for dart funtimes?

3) Is there any (decent) PVE content in this game? With the timezone issues I don't know if I'd be able to make organised PvP crap.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

2) I'm Australian and my ping will probably suck horribly. Scholar still viable or would Tangmen be the way to go for dart funtimes?

Tang is possibly the worst to play with high ping.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

1) All the new Schoolless faction stuff super confuses me. Are these like...advanced classes? Alternate classes? Are they powerful to the point where they should be where you're aiming to end up or is it fine to just stick with a School?

3) Is there any (decent) PVE content in this game? With the timezone issues I don't know if I'd be able to make organised PvP crap.

They're alternate schools. The normal schools are fine.

Pretty much any other school would be better than Tangman. Scholar might be alright.

Not really.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Tangmen class description in the OP posted:

Nevertheless, Tangmen are an incredibly easy class to play, especially for players with a lovely ping and are a great asset to any group PVP battle.

Well now I'm just confused. What'd be best then?

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Weird on my steam theres no age of wushu.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

FunkyFlashman posted:

Weird on my steam theres no age of wushu.

It's not available on Steam in certain countries due to the way Snail has licensed the various versions of the game.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I vaguely remember dicking around with this at release with a facial expression close to :stare: as I read through the horribly translated text and punched bandits or whatever the hell I was doing. Flying skills were rad though.

Couple of quick questions:

Tangmen using their dart set and their 4th set can be fine with bad ping. Their first set, not so much most of the time (you can always aim for a stun dart instead of a parry break then go from there).

Scholars can let you just faceroll charges and can work well with ping. Just realize that no class really scales well with ping but you can make it work with enough effort.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Mention the accounts that have been hacked on the steam forums and you get this.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler
There are 92 people playing through Steam; that is some terrible numbers. There are more Steam users playing Ragnarok Online than AoW. They really couldn't have hosed that Steam launch up further could they..

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

There are 92 people playing through Steam; that is some terrible numbers. There are more Steam users playing Ragnarok Online than AoW. They really couldn't have hosed that Steam launch up further could they..

It's mostly due to their awful new player experience and their hilariously mediocre customer support. Snail Games USA in a nutshell.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

funakupo posted:

Steam also fucks up for me and only counts me playing when I'm in the launcher. As soon as the game starts steam thinks I quit the game.

Smoove
Aug 13, 2012

...and goes down easy

FebrezeNinja posted:

There was a something a few months ago and many inactive accounts are cleaned out. You still hear some losses. I'd recommend doing Matrix Auth for some two-factor.

Really? The fate of my riches of ding may have been discovered. Sent an email to support, doubt Ill get anywhere but its worth a try, theres always the 4-5 other alts I was using for crafting but Ill be damned if I remember logins now and im sure I used bogus emails. :bang:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Third World Reggin posted:

Mention the accounts that have been hacked on the steam forums and you get this.

:eyepop:

What a wreck

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hole Wolf posted:

I figure if I end up hating Wudang I'll just delete and go back to Royal Guard. No harm no foul, right???

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'd just like to let people know that I've sold 180L worth of cavalry lances as of this morning. :)

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'd just like to let people know that I've sold 180L worth of cavalry lances as of this morning. :)

I will never understand how those are selling but it's hilarious that it's happening.

Also for those that skipped the guild war last night, we assaulted BloodFate's base with the whole 8 defenders there and captured all the maids and capped the throne in 15 minutes while they were being smug in scene chat asking what's taking so long. It's hilarious to fight people who don't know how guild wars work :allears:

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.
There's a post by a dev indicating that steam only counts you as playing AoW if you run steam as an administrator. I got AoW through steam, but I am not one of the 92 blessed.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler
cross posting from archeage thread

Eltoasto posted:

This isn't eve, and if we try to treat politics like it is, then it will turn out disastrous like it did with wushu. There is no 0.0 space for our sub 50's to hang out in.

Fight on you fantastic goones because you always made Wushu fun and not allied-boring.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ahaha. Please tell me he was one of those guys that thought having one guild as do not kill was too much or one of the guys who think we did not turn an entire server from against us to half of them being our friends.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Well Orv I think is trying to create a "frenemies" situation with another group it seems per the thread-read, because the streamer alpha groupies already want to be BFF forever with no wars (seriously why do people want sandbox games with no or minor death penalties to be peaceful). So there is someone singularly trying to be reasonable but this guy yeah... I don't recall most of the ones who responded about it ever actually being around for anything eventful for AoW politics/guild outlook over the past year of launch (and heck even in beta?) If Grithok can't recall him then I have no loving idea who he is. Usual goon poo poo, different mmo I guess? I thought everything that happened in AoW was fun, even the KoS part was still easy as a leveling newbie (I went through that) because death is a joke.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

Well Orv I think is trying to create a "frenemies" situation with another group it seems per the thread-read, because the streamer alpha groupies already want to be BFF forever with no wars (seriously why do people want sandbox games with no or minor death penalties to be peaceful). So there is someone singularly trying to be reasonable but this guy yeah... I don't recall most of the ones who responded about it ever actually being around for anything eventful for AoW politics/guild outlook over the past year of launch (and heck even in beta?) If Grithok can't recall him then I have no loving idea who he is. Usual goon poo poo, different mmo I guess? I thought everything that happened in AoW was fun, even the KoS part was still easy as a leveling newbie (I went through that) because death is a joke.

People that have played Wushu for the last year still hate dying with a passion even though you just lose some bound money.

Looks like the guy got killed some by TDH and co and rage quit Wushu like a giant baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Haquer posted:

People that have played Wushu for the last year still hate dying with a passion even though you just lose some bound money.

Looks like the guy got killed some by TDH and co and rage quit Wushu like a giant baby.

Being a bandit group and killing honeybeez after 8 of us died was hilarious. Getting ganked in chengdu after leading them on a merry rooftop chase across half the city because only a few of them knew how to air dash infinitely as well as I could was hilarious. Fight club getting crashed and turning into gangs of new york was hilarious. Playing on jokers squad to grithok's batman squad in royal guards was hilarious. Dying was the funniest part of all of those experiences.

If I cut those experiences out, I'm left with broken instances, unintelligible quests, and extremely boring pve fights against NPCs that don't really use the combat system effectively. Those parts of the game are the parts that suck. The best part about the death penalty is that dying and being poor just means you're fully committing to the roleplay of being a poor wandering kung fu master that gets in fights and drinks a lot :v: