Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Tear Blood did actually kill me, and that's why I stopped playing. Oooo, I'm a spooky ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Evidently Snail will in, no way, restore the 19 ding that I lost from being hacked/that was stolen from me by Zovereign.

I am depressed since it seems particularly impossible to make money nowadays.

e: Also they responded to my ticket on the support site in Chinese, so I had to google translate.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Does anyone have any clue what the Wudang headmaster daily is for? It rewards one of those 7-combine repentance style books, but I'm not sure what it exactly repents.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

So, I just go to yellow skull for eventually pretty girl. How do I maintain yellow skull on a daily basis?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

koop, I heard that you got a Palace of the Moving Flowers invite thing. Could you send a PM to Chartreuse sometime? If it's not terribly expensive, I might want to buy!

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Do Thimbles actually increase the POMF skillset? Someone mentioned that they might not.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

If people get kicked from GTC for being annoying, how did I never get kicked? :downsrim:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Shalhavet posted:

Come back to Scholars, Yanyeh! 4th inner owns and 5th is going to be absolutely insane.

I concur. Yanyeh is the best.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Shen needles hit that hard? That's relatively impressive.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

So can I get rootless skills by watching/attending Hua?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Is there a taichi girlfriend?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Drink and I are in the camping the stairs mumble in the bottom channels. Also it looks like there may be a huge cash shop wall.

I seem to recall a friend mentioning at some point it became impossible to level in Perfect World unless you dropped cash on some sort of weird potions or something. Is it something similar?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Going to have to say this. This thing is linear as hell for a story so far. But please take your time and read the stories.

You get drunk, fight what you think is sun wukong, then go hit on a woman who laughs at you, who was probably a dude.

EDIT: The cash shop wall seems like guilds, graffiti and everything else requires it. Not so much leveling up so far. To marry or to divorce requires a cash shop item. We have no idea if you can get these in any other way.

That's not too bad -- atleast you don't hit a leveling wall or anything along those lines.

Are there dungeons are anything of the sort?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/swordsman-closed-beta-key-giveaway has beta keys in case anyone is interested and didn't get a key earlier.

e: How's the netcode look so far?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

IGNORE ME.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Please don't talk poo poo about my waifu.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Someone get someone to buy Chartreuse.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

The neat part pibs is that a lot of people came in at different times to the game and have different view points.

There are goons who think we never had a struggle in the game.

My favorite part was when I was a vietnamese roof spy.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

I don't understand how 1Life is capable of making me so angry. What a detestable person.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

In all fairness, Wushu should have been a Bloodline Champions style arena game. But, less monetarily viable that way.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

randombattle posted:

There's skill based combat and then there's whatever the gently caress yanman was.

Where the skill ranged from stand still to purple cloud to so impractical you needed an ancient set to air tanking to tent wall.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Puistokemisti posted:

Did the raids ever get gimmicks more exciting than stacking bunch of Tangmen on the boss so that it doesn't take two weeks to kill them?

It literally turned into absolute bullshit mechanics that might as well have been impossible. We circumvented them by having wudangs (or other choice classes) use their skills in a weird chain that allowed them to stay permanently aloft above the boss. The boss wouldn't do anything since he couldn't path to the target. Generally, this would work. Generally.

To give you an example -- there was an absolutely retarded WALL BOSS that we had to surmount.

It started with two guys on top of the Great Wall of China. One had a move that summoned four swords with a decent amount of HP -- something that would take a concentrated effort to bring down. If you didn't kill all 4 swords, they would instantly hit everyone in the zone for 1 million damage. However, if you hovered in the air above him, he would never use swords as long as you maintained threat. Thus, you had to do a bullshit strategy of maintaining aggro, luring in mobs to keep up rage, while keeping the chain intact and hope that lag wouldn't cause you to drop.

While this was going on, there was generally another wudang on the road leading to the WALL generally tanking anywhere from 500 to 1000 mobs by being in the air over them.

More bullshit happened after that. It was dumb. There were two more bosses that appeared after you beat the two on the wall that didn't really make any sense insofar as I could tell. They would just sometimes kill you. You had to beat the entire thing in one go to progress. It generally took about half an hour for the encounter.

We beat the final boss by attacking him through a tent, as suggested (somewhat) by bumbaclyde. Everyone berated him for being an idiot, and Delamore left in frustration because the boss was so retarded. Then we killed him with like 6 guys by punching him through a tent wall.

The fact that we solved any of us is still shocking to me.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 14, 2014

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

kznlol posted:

HOW COULD YOU FORGET GREEN LIGHTNING MAN?

Rather like wall boss, Green Lightning Man had an ability that would wipe the entire raid with green lightning. As far as we were ever able to tell, he would only decide to cast it if at least one member of the raid was outside of melee range of him. Easy, you'd think - just stack everyone in melee and kill the useless HP sponge.

That's what we thought, too. Then we discovered that he had another ability which triggered within seconds of there being more than 3 people in melee range, which knocked back the entire raid. You do not truly understand Wushu's PvE design until you have spent 5 minutes throwing your body at a boss that throws you back out as soon as you do anything.

He was also an assassin boss, which was amazing.

Why can I not remember green lightning man for the life of me?

It is nice seeing all these goons post that caused the rift in the guild because of raiding.

Fish.

Hey, I'll have you know I caused the first rift by adamantly supporting nightly Wudang field trips.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

kznlol posted:

Doesn't a rift require that there be enough players to occupy both sides of said rift

Delamore and I count as multiple people due to how much better we are than you plebs.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

I like how Petmako literally responds two posts after a GM posts that he wants to buy an account to play while his main account is frozen.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

I can't wait to file a loan with my local bank in order to collect the ancient taichi dancing.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

I was so sad when the block glitch was removed. Being able to literally fly forever was the best. I still block flew for like a month after that patch just out of muscle memory.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

When do I get to hover in the air for twenty minutes while trying to hold 2000 npcs in place? That was the best kind of cheese.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Kylra posted:

It's a beta.

They'll probably fix that by having the boss fight reset at the slightest pathing issues in true chinagame style.

I will only accept this if they add a fast whirlwind that does all of your hit points instantly.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

There's also some server that was recently released that is relatively inoculated from pay2win by virtue of not having any perks for purchasing silver and completely shutting down the in game cash shop, thereby removing the cash shop sets.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Alexander DeLarge posted:

In AoW or the lovely mobile game?

In actual AoW. I think the server is called White Tiger 2 or something.

PS, check out what you're all missing from lovely phone game:

(grithok irl)

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Oh hi I'm having a flashback to that frozen pond outside of the starter area that had a bunch of "Korean Spy" NPCs that never really had any quest or purpose

Hahaha, I was talking about how useless those Korean spies in Jiming were earlier today with another Wushu expat.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Because within all of us lies this deep-seated longing to return to the untamed wilderness of China, like a terrifying phantom pain. And a desire to waste as much money as possible.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

eonwe posted:

what terrible game are you guys playing now

wushu for cell phones.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Honestly, I was talking with kzn -- we should look on wushu not as a terrible game ruined by an incompetent company.

No, instead we performed a valuable civic duty by returning Vietnamese blood money back to China. :911:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

FF14 is making me sentimental for field trips.

I can't believe I've found a game that actually has something WORSE than wudang field trip.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

what makes it worse

that you have to talk to some south eastern asian

You have to spam click on this dude. You can't just like hang out with friends and duel while waiting for the mystical xiaoyao friend to grace you with his divine presence.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Haquer posted:

Lol you are wasting you time on something actively known to be loving broken

Perfect for this thread I guess

I mean, you could spam and get through, unfortunately.

super sweet best pal posted:

You talking about how the instanced fights for the main story are inaccessible thanks to the heavy load from all the players trying to do them at once? That was a huge fuckup on SE's part, especially since it's right near the start of the main quest.

Yeah. I was getting really angry for no reason, and I realized it reminded me of field trip.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

hey chartruese

someone named venice is looking for you

they think they killed you irl or something

jesus christ i was very sick thanks

THIS IS VERY AWKWARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

So, in the brief game montage towards the end of the Microsoft E3 conference, a familiar looking game popped up. Please be excited for Wushu Souls with a 1:1 copy of Snow Sword and 18 Dragon Subduing Palms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pJtQv6hwyw