Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
If anyone wants to play a garbage chinagame in actual moonrunes, give this one a shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYgGG-HxrU

e: apparently, there's a system to marry NPCs!

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

https://imgur.com/YGekVL7

Breaking my meridians has never looked so good! (also some people have already begun work on an english patch)

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Skylight posted:

Welp. Now I just have to wait for the download...and also register and stuff...ain't that grand. Thanks for the early birthday gift, guys! :negative:

(Seriously though, I'm actually kinda interested.)

Make sure you join the discord -- the individual components are all uploaded there because it took me roughly 2 days to download the game from Malaysia with a good internet.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Also, to super stress: don't pick vagrants. The story quest, once you hit chapter 3, becomes super relevant. It gives you a few pieces of class-04 gold gear as well as two different class-03 gold weapons.

Some other people are having story quest difficulties -- I picked Tianshan Sword and had mostly no issues.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Mulva posted:

All I heard was pick vagrants.

Done.

I thought they patched out vagrants as a school already?

That's in the Chinese version. The Malaysian version is in some weird state where it's ahead of the NA version but also behind the Chinese version.

We didn't think we'd have a lot of people willing to try, so we went with the Malaysian version because there's a nerf in the Chinese version that makes instance soloing/duoing impossible that seemed pretty awful to try to deal with.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Chinagame is back and I have two weeks of vacation starting thursday you say?

Xibo's coming back baby!

(Can I still pay with Subway cards?)

Malaysia does not believe in Subway, unfortunately :(

This one accepts paypal though (don't go through paypal though it's weird, you gotta hit G2A then paypal on their website for some stupid reason).

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

Is there a translation patch or am I stuck relying on memories from half a decade ago?

There's a patch that literally applies the good ole NA translation on top of this one (the new stuff isn't translated so that's still a work in progress in understand what's going on).

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

What's the player base like? Ratio of English to non-English speakers? What time is Script Stealing?

It's not super populated, but probably more populous than NA at the moment. There's a decent contingent of english, but it's still malaysia. Script stealing is at 7am in the morning EST.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

I live in EST, I could actually wake up early and make that but, but, :vomarine:

I feel like I need to call my Chinagame Accountability buddy.

I actually woke up early for script stealing today because I've lost control of my life! Yay!

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Someone mentioned that the china servers had an update that made it more difficult to farm dungeons solo and one of the reasons why malasya was chosen was because they didn't think that it would garner a whole lot of people coming back to chinagame.exe

Yeah, at first it was just going to be Leffe, Chroma, Askar, and me. We didn't want to deal with the instance restrictions, so we just decided to screw around on Malaysia for fun. The posting about it here and gathering any degree of support wasn't expected.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

GreatestNerdEver posted:

dungeons are actually easier to solo, they basically removed normal mode and made it a short, simple dungeon with less bosses that you can use to farm jade points easily for the week or some flight skills. I played in china after the change, was super easy to solo my own TV 3 man to get goose, it's a better system overall in my opinion.

the part about requiring a set amount of people is not true, I saw people soloing PCV/longmen when I assassinated.

also I just spent two hours doing the nangong family quest line only to learn that the NPCs for the four great families are busted, so you can't buy their sets, things are broken on this server and it is annoying

There are dungeons beyond the soloable version that actually drop skill sets and internals. These cannot be done with less players than the stated. So, if you want to farm goose forever, you absolutely can. If you want anything beyond that, you need the set number of players.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I assassinated people in dungeons beyond the solo dungeons, soloing those dungeons, and small groups in those dungeons. Soloing 12 man PCV and whatnot.

edit - in ixthuas video he even runs GCC 12 with only 3 people, there is no required minimum amount of people

That's so bizarre because it's ixthua and some others from the CN servers who are relaying that information. Maybe it doesn't affect the new servers that have limits on internals and stuff?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Oh, hey, let's just do this quest about subsects -- oh what's this a cutscene?

https://imgur.com/a/8T60d4f

:thunk:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Oh china game :allears:

How complete is the translation patch? Good enough for someone who knows zero chinese to play?

And more importantly: Can you still puke on people to make them puke and cause massive fights?

Uh, it'll get you about 90% of the way on Malaysia and maybe like 80% on China. China is probably the place to cause ruckus though.

e: though the translation is irrelevant just hit the yellow part of the quest text and autopath to glory.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Rynoto posted:

Sounds about the same as when it was just bizarre engrish on snail's servers then, cheers! Definitely have to look into it.

Oh, it's literally that translation just overlaid on top of whatever server. When you start to hit new stuff, that's when the translation runs out. However, I was running around without it just because one of the translations makes it impossible to autopath to new stuff, and I managed to complete an entire 3 hour quest chain just by hitting autopath text.