Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
We were having too much fun and well, Dispite me being a newbie who just got back into the game after doing a walkaround to kill PE I found this in my social box

I'm proud if I can get rubiora that pissed at a dude who JUST hit enlightened virtuoso without meridians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Haquer posted:

If he jumps you, let us know in guild. He really, really gets pissed when people gang up on him to boot!

Oh I'm 100% sure, I know rubiora is like kingcee in that they both loving detest me, and they can kill me, but if I say "kingcee just killed me" I get 50 people who go "WHERE?!"

Goontang clan best clan

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

We just killed a giant scorpion and got a "Different Blood" that wants me to feed it to a toad in rootless, now we're fighting a "Snake Wang"

Chinagame is so weird

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

so I decided to take a break from beggars, and rejoin after a short betrayal excursion. I got an invite to xu so I decided to take them up on their offer

2 hours later I hit level 36 in their inner. Welp.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

oh right, Also relevent, in order to graduate I need to hit my second level in xu. To do that I need to complete a quest line (did), hit 10,000 reputation (I have 2150 so far), I need to get chi of three purities to level 36 (did) and get a swordsman title (did)

I might be able to graduate by the end of the week. I might also be able to stay in and do fancy poo poo but I do want to return to beggar with this new set.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Guess who Xu's first Gallant Knight is.
Not me!
But guess who's Xu's second Gallant Knight is!

Guess who's going to be Xu's first graduate!

Nobody right now, because holy poo poo the skills go way past what we expected.

You can get up to 5 before hitting 10k faction reputation. For reference I had 200 jade ruler for that. It's incredibly easy to get your level 5 abilities because you just get a flood of of them. You also see in the person where you get your level 5 abilities, level 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, and 42 of the inner so you figure that's the max, you can only go to 42. You get campfire 2 and 3 in there too but those are familiarity points and wno cares. We lose campfire after graduation anyway!

Then you go meet Xu Feiyan and he's like "HEY I GOT THE GOODS BABY!", opens his trenchcoat and well... Here's what the tabs have.

Tab 1: School skills book 6, 7, and 8

Tab 2: Silver gear, Upgrades for SCHOOL GOLD Tier 5 to tier 6 (WTF?), and stuff so you can spend SOMETHING to buy certs (please don't let me be right on what I think something is)

Tab 3: Inner 42 - 56

Tab 4: Inner 57 - 61, Skills 9

"Ultimate Faction Knowledge": Inner 62 - 84, Skills 10

The internal has traditionally sucked, and I don't want to get a single book of it because I'm NEVER going to use it. Those skill books up to 10 look mighty fine though, so I'm probably going to stay Xu a bit longer to get those books to 10 and then never look back. What's REALLY crazy is: THERE'S MORE. I need to complete GCC hard, and TV Hell in order to apparently unlock that gold tier equipment and possibly other poo poo.

I had 200 rulers and laughed it off because I had everything, Then the floor dropped out and now I have no rulers, every skill but one to 8, 2 more levels for each skill, one campfire level (Because apparently you keep campfire, but one level down when you graduate), and gold tier equipment from school that I can then upgrade to class 6?

randombattle posted:

It's nice in beast villa I have so many certs I can never get close to spending.

HAHAHA, I KNOW THE FEELING! send help.

RealEdit: also, since someone asked

Yes, all of the above is accessable to me, I CAN get level 84 of the internal RIGHT NOW. The ONLY exception is I can't get tier 5 gold to tier 6 gold, that's a future patch.

Forer fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 19, 2014

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Apparently at 56, someone mentioned it being lackluster statwise so who knows. I'll take it a LITTLE further up but I don't want to spend absurd cultivation on something that I think will be a terrible inner compared to another one. (Ice chi is the only way to play xu right now I think)

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

FebrezeNinja posted:

Xu's internal is 6 + level so it's a school 1st internal equivalent.

If I'm reading the files right, six packs in two sets of 3? Yep it's taels. Whole Silver I guess.
24L, 100L, 144L, 35L, 129L, 310L
I'm not sure if I can see how many are in each. The descriptions are wonderfully vague, huh.

Well then, looks like I was right! Goddammit that's the only way to get certs in bulk, and they're bound. It also means that the 200 certs to get a certain thing which would take like a month are handilly put in one place for you to spend real money on!

Why do I play this.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

The economy is always kinda in a mess, but because wushu doesn't really have reasonable money creation or meatsinks. Think about the source of monies in wushu.

Where do you get a ding.

You can either:
A. Kidnap during the restricted times for, like, 15 liang tops.
B. open credit cards and get lucky after hours.
C. buy it from snail at a horrible price.

That's where money comes from, which isn't too bad in a vaccum, but the issue is where money goes.

You lose money as it's gifted to NPC for quests and quests and quests. You buy minor buffs in exploring jianghu for 1 liang each or from the tornado event right now OR from fog, praying takes 20 liang, upgrading equipment costs items you have to buy with unbound liang, a lot of it. Posession will give you red armor if you buy items for unbound. So much liang is burned through normal usage that is literally vanished into nothingness. Because there's so few outlets that the game will give you unbound liang, and so many important outlets for where unbound liang goes, people want to try to make money from scarcity of products which nobody can do because people can't get the money in the first place.

The economy was always a mess, but because one of the only real reliable sources of income (kidnapping) dropped how often you can do it, people are trying to raise their prices hoping to cover their problems acting like it will help when they're just reducing the velocity of money SO MUCH that nobody can buy anything.

I THINK this is a good summary, someone else want to throw in to the mix?

Edit: Note, I'm not talking about where you lose money, like you buy a tai-chi fragment. That's you buying an item worth whatever and them getting however much money which is okay. I'm talking about where money is deleted from the game.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Hey! Look at what I dug up from one of those kidnap quests!

Ancient Chinese robot.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Swordsman online: FOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Haro lead a hijack that got us the development we needed for level 3 guild, that allowed us to start building the gangster inn and the feast plaza, (and since from raiding other bases I have too much stone to use I dumped it all in the guild) so we immediately held a feast.

we could go and get food ingredients from a vat, then every minute give a food ingredient to a person who wanted it, there was two tiers of food and the higher one gave better experience (5000 exp for low tier, 7000 for high tier) and both gave kung fu points. If you sat at the table you got a buff that lasts for an hour, that every ten seconds you get 640 experience. For scale killing one enemy at 43 for me gives 400 exp. SO 1 minute = 6 procs of 640, 60 * 6 * 640 = 230,400 EXP total. If you log off it persists at the time it was at. Afterwords any of the leftovers, if you had a stack of at least 30 you could drop in a bucket for compost or something, and you got guild credit from that.

We ALSO now have a gangster inn, so instead of turning poo poo in at the random bandits, we can hand them in to our base for "Better rewards" whatever that is.

Edit: Oh right, also at level 3 in the guild you can smack the financial manager and tell him to give you experience, I got 57,000 exp from that too but it seems variable.

Forer fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 22, 2014

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Not that I know of. Someone told me it's the server that the keys they gave out to english speaking sites were meant for. It's just later they went 'Psych! Creation lock, go gently caress yourselves.'

Otherwise we could see where other english guilds flee to or just pick one at random.

if you're saying that they'll not be able to play in that server anymore and have to flee to a new one, because without characters being created in they'll have a dead empty game then well, uhh I hate to break it to you but

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

No

no

NO NO NO

NO NO NO NO

NONONONO

I can't go back to wushu they'll kill me. :ohdear:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly, they should just do what Tree of Savior did and have the localization be crowd sourced. It worked out pretty well all things considered.

admit it, with the usual wushu crowd they'd translate the delete character button as "play game"

and we'd make sure that was always there

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

Age of wushu
swordsman online
moonlight blade CN
black desert online (korea is discount chinese with bubbles)

Maybe black gold? but what ever, most of these were at most 1 month adventures.

I remember staying up and trying to grind my rear end off in swordsman online to hit level 60 with my goon buddies

I also remember a week later everyone collectively vomiting and leaving

The game people still send me emails

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Digital Decay posted:

The dev blurb mentioned:

- Judging damage based on character state/appearance rather than HP bar.

I absolutely hope this is true because this means the drunken dance style of spitting alcohol at people will ACTUALLY damage them.

All we need is poo-throwing style and we will be unstoppable.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Wait, Crippling dudes and making them lose abilities?

is this going to be like the decapitation, requiring a really specific setup and only by the game's terms, or is this going to be like rootless requiring a very very specific setup to de-junk someone, or is this just a temporary debuff.

I want to know if mount hua 2.0 is going to have all the big names under attack before hand trying to break all of their limbs so they go into hua as a quadriplegic kung fu fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

man I miss wushu, I keep having to tell new friends about the wonders of cutting off your dick for unlimited cosmic power by the sunflower manual, and how it wasn't actually worth it anyway, about how people could pin you down and cut off your dick and people paid money for it, How you could put ki points in your meridians and by that I meant nothing but your dick...

wait a min-