Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My friend and I both tried kidnapping around 1 AM, and no longer received unbound. So I don't know what's going on with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm curious to know how easily badge packs sell, and for about how much. I'm able to make 4 RG and 8 WV packs, but I'm not China-rich, so I'd like to know if it's a waste of time before I use the unbound to make them.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

Haha holy poo poo and I thought that Shen was pretty strict.

I hope that Peach doesn't have any batshit stuff like that. I'll get my 7th and final token after my quest tomorrow and should be able to join into Peach!

Reading the Peach Blossom rules, here's what I understand them to be:

Don't kill "innocents"
Don't fight fellow Peachers
Don't have infamy
Don't use "killer" titles
No nudity (or improper attire, whatever that is)
Don't study sunflower
Keep your alignment lunatic

Those are all worded in a very chinagame fashion, so I could be wrong on some of them.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Man they really need to cut back on the health of the school event mobs for palace of shifting flowers. We need to have like 10 times the numbers we already have to clear the bosses while everything else can be done easier with with 2 or 3 the numbers. Its a huge disparity.

And I dont think we'll ever have the amount of players in the faction. Its exclusive by its own nature, an all female lunatic faction with relatively high requirements on a server that doesn't have a lot of people to begin with and seems to be getting less every time snail opens up a new server.

I feel your pain. So far with Peach, our "Enemy Invasion" weekend events and "Group Sparing" daily events feel like they're designed for far more people than we have. Maybe it'll get easier as we get some stronger people in the faction, but it seems absolutely crazy/tedious right now.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I should've guessed something like this would show up after they gutted kidnapping.

This game is so scummy sometimes. :smith:

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Basically I think snail hosed themselves pretty hard. Rumors from Jizzwhiz talking to Earthquake said Snail was about one cunthair away from sun setting the game before the Steam launch and the influx of new players dug it away from being a total loss. Maybe I'm just a bittervet, but I can't see the game lasting for another year. Maybe if they do a big server merge that might save it, but even so that will just be delaying the inevitable.

Goddamn I'd love to know more details about that, how true it is, etc. I've suspected that the game wasn't long for this world ever since I logged in back in like February or March and saw how amazingly dead everything was. Even now, while much better, it's still a very pale shadow of what it used to be.

I have fun with the game, but I can't shake the ever-present feeling that it won't be long before we're back to that point. Which, for me, makes it hard to stay motivated to do all the crap I need to each day if I want to continue catching up and advancing and whatnot. Just leaves me kind of conflicted.

Very interesting though, glad you shared that.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Yo Big.bo if you read this log on the forums and reply to Earthquake's PM. One of your guides won the contest, so please enjoy your drunk fist. You only have until tomorrow to claim it.

I won one of these too and haven't heard anything back on it yet. I'm worried I'm going to get chinagame'd out of it somehow.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Where do drunken master fragments come from, and how much do they usually sell for?

I really like the set and would be interested in leveling it, but I don't know how realistic that is.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haroshia posted:

Hoooooboy.

Okay, first off you can only get the 1-3s from events, so if you don't have it yet just look out for an event on the forums. Then, you need the fragments. They come from all levels of beggar bags, but unless you have loads of time you'll be wanting to get them from the 10L bags. It took me 2000ish of the low level bags to get one frag. I got one ABOUT every 10-20 bags from the self-justification bags. You need 10 frags for a single page of a single skill.

There are much better ways you can spend your money.

Dang. Got it in the forum event recently.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Do we have any craftsmen who still play? I know Febreeze is a tailor/poisonmaker, and LongDong is a chef/blacksmith. I'm an herbalist and I've considered picking up craftsmen too if we don't have anyone else who can enchant accessories, but I'd just as soon not pay the 200 liang if we have others.

aleksendr posted:

Trust Snail to give you something that is nothing but a cash sink in disguise. Any of your school, faction or 99gold set will reach level 6+ much faster, leaving your drunken master to molder on your skill bar, unused like so many other sets sadly locked at lv4.

If i remember correctly you also need two types of items to level it past a certain level, the previously mentioned scraps you get form beggars bags and another item named "pear wine" you can get form various RE rewards.
Yeah, the night I asked that I wound up seeing a couple people advertising for buying fragments in world chat. The cost of that poo poo is way out of my league. Oh well, it's still a lot of fun and I'm getting use out of it fighting lower level people and friends using unleveled sets.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 11, 2014

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

Also, to graduate secret factions it takes a total of 4 months to loving graduate and I couldn't take 2.5 more months of those loving dailies so I went off to Beggars yesterday.

My entire install somehow broke and I'll have to redownload the whole game, but LongDong was reading what you said about this to me in skype earlier. Jesus christ, gently caress that. That is some crazy-rear end grind.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I know at points we had various goons who were always digging around in the game files for this and that. Could any of you point me in the right direction for what I'd need to extract the music files from wherever they are? I always enjoyed a lot of this game's soundtrack, and I'd love to get my hands on it before I finally uninstall this for the final time. Most of the songs are on youtube, but the newer stuff is missing of course.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Well jeez, that works too. You're awesome, thanks!

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

This was always my favorite stall message:

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

gently caress me I miss 3rd inner patch chinagame before they started loving it up over last summer :(

Yup. As broken and dumb as it was (In so many ways), those first 6 months or so were so special and unique. At various points I had my entire group of gaming friends roped into playing it. LongDong and I still bring it up and share some of our dumb stories once in a while.

It often wasn't incentivized very well, but I really appreciate how smart the game was about trying to get you into fights all the time. Assassins on PVE bosses, script stealing, school wars, guild wars... Lots of good ideas for a PVP game, even if the execution kinda sucked.

I'll always miss being able to start full-on gang wars by getting really drunk and puking on some chick in front of her e-boyfriend in the Chinese trailer park that was Jiming. :allears:

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

randombattle posted:

What am I even doooooooooooooingggggggggg

Hey, join the club. For some reason LongDong and I downloaded it on a whim about a month ago, to both our surprise we're still playing. I have no idea what to make of that. Still the same dumb chinagame, but it's impressive how much of a difference not being Snail makes.

If you see Pretty-Boy or LongDongHong say hello!

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 16, 2015

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GreatestNerdEver posted:

You are Pretty-Boy? I killed you while you were spying (Soysaucè)

...Was that today? Were you the lady running around with a windrunner? I got killed about 6 times today trying to spy on Wudang, so it's kind of hard to remember specifics.

On a sidenote, I have an excursion question. I know that bumps your school inners and skills down to a certain level, but are you totally locked out from using them while excursioned?

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 16, 2015

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

I think I want to try this game but the depth and complexity is terrifying. But on the other hand, god I love wuxia.

e: the game has mysteriously stopped downloading it got to like a third finished and now its not doing anything

If you really want to give it a shot, make sure you download the EU version, Age of Wulin. The US version is basically dead.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blockhouse posted:

whoops I just downloaded eight gigs of the wrong game then

ha ha ha

aaaaaaaaaaaa

At least you found out before you started, I guess.

If you do wind up playing get ready for some clunky, confusing bullshit. Feel free to hit me up with any in-game help or questions though.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Still one of my favorite :snail: images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zipline posted:

Also, probably my favorite memory was waking up at the crack of dawn to log in in time to witness my best friend be executed in the town square for crimes against humanity.

I was on the other side of this for my friend and I. IIRC I happened to be in... whatever that tiny city was that there was never any reason to go to when a school war or something ended (Luoyang maybe?) I was just standing around and suddenly a hundred semi-afk players were all dumped right next to me, clipping inside each other. I did what any bored goon would do and turned on PVP mode, used the royal guard spin2win. Immediately went well into purple territory and got chucked in prison. Friend and I made sure to wake up plenty early the next day to see my execution first hand.

We still reminisce about this and a ton of other stories from time to time. Truly a special (awful) game.