Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So I've been playing on the chinese server as the total antithesis to my Wushu character; what are some sweet Yin sets? I mean even Taichi is still usable. Besides sweet sets in general, any ideas for a trash control set? I really miss my shaolin's bhodi stick when i get swarmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

Yin? No. If you're talking as an internal set, the only real internal control set is a cash shop set which is 9 Palaces. The other set is the Royal Guard set Eagle Claw Fist, which is internal but it's also Yang/Hard so you'll lose a bit of damage (it's really drat good for cleaning trash up though).

What about Taiji? Any decent Taiji control sets that aren't cash shop? (Cash shop sets here are loads of dings and I can't afford any more deductions from my rice budget)

I also just meant sweet Yin sets in general; like any yang dude should get headbutts, any similarly sweet yin stuff i should know about? School sets or cash shop? Also good sets for exploring jianghu? Pibbs used to upchat Spirit Snake, but again, Yang.

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 30, 2014

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Natalie_Luna posted:

Eh... Quitting and propably giving away Feedz or giving it back to feedz for him to give it away if he wants to, hope to see some of you in a few years in Moonlight blade when they translate it, Ill be there to teach you the game i learned in China hue!

so are you going to china or to chinachinagame? either way, ahoy!

also: why is five elements mental skills so unloved? I remember I used to sell ruined scrolls for like 35l, compared to 250ish for icy heart.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Hole Wolf posted:

The Expert page is impossible to loving get because nobody runs GCC shura and the only other way to get it is to drop like 30D on prayers, and also it's only good for like two sets total.

what do you mean by it being only good for two sets?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

HapiMerchant posted:

Soooo Age of Kungfu is literally just Age of wushu with the slate wiped?

It's the russian version, no? :getin:

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So are we jumping on the china version, or waiting for the enlish one?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
As a member of mainland china :china:, i can help anyone get a QQ account who is willing to paypal me the cost of a sim card. I might even have a spare lying around that I can use to get a QQ.

edit: i can also get you one of those lucky cats that wave their paws

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 26, 2014

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Tarezax posted:

yeah it's cpop

playing another Chinagame with you guys may be hampered by the fact that I am actually in China for the next year or so

O RLY where

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

angerbot posted:

Y'know if that's not google translate on Grithok's part the Chinese devs have a better grasp of English than the US Snail people already.

I'd wager any two fingers that there is no way google translated that.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Anyone else playing the moonlight blade beta? We should choose a server for a goon guild

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

Can you descipher their moon runes?

No?

gently caress that poo poo, it was hard enough playing ChinaChinagame when I knew what all the menus said

yes. i moon rune :poolgirl:

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Wonder Turbine posted:

How to sign up for Chinagame^3 Closed Beta (as far as I can tell, anyway)

:words:

So I snagged mine today, what server are you on?

Also, all signs point to June 20th as open beta.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Wonder Turbine posted:

I actually don't have a Chinese phone number or anything like that, so I am still sitting at 1000 points or so. And even if I could, it seems that QQ accounts now require a Chinese ID number and valid documentation/photos in order to be able to log in. So I'm not sure if any of us will be able to join until a localized version shows up in three years or so.

How were you able to enter?

I live in china so have a chinese sim card and can get that kinda stuff for gooooons

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
It's pretty good. The combat is not as clever as wushu, but it's way more polished. I only have one style (will it stay like this?) but it feels a lot more like ninja gaiden or DMC than age of wushu.

The amount of keys let out is not even the real bottleneck. I get queued to enter the server from 3pm-1am; there are just not enough servers yet. They released a new server yesterday and today, so soon that shouldn't be a problem.

I chose the Shenwei class. I guess it's like shao and RG combined (maybe not the ranged mastery of RG). I have a spear and a bow. I swing the spear around and slam it and it is a good time all around. Meridians seem a lot more like FFX's weird orb system (i never played it but saw some people using the exp tree)

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 5, 2015

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Do you have the move where you rip off your shirt and go kaioken?

Yes.

Also I have an extra QQ with account if someone needs

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

If it's an extra qq with the game I'll take it.

You dont take PMs so I'll give you this:

1245808490 add one to each digit, don't carry ones is your account

lhm34hb10wei is the other thing you'd need.

There's a shenwei on that account but she's like 39? As far as I understand the beta only allows levelling to lvl 40 sooo i'd recommend making a new char.

Anyway.

The levelling system is better than wushu. There are many ways in which this is true, but the only one that needs mention is the lack of TP.

Well, not entirely. There's a cool thing called 打坐 which i guess is like lounging where you go and sit (YES JUST SIT. ACCEPT THE QUEST AND JUST HANG THE gently caress OUT) and it gets the two types of experience. It's like TP in that it's community-based (there's some bonus for being in a party while doing this lounging but i've yet to figure out what it is), and that is is once per day and that it gives exp. Why is it better? No one can 坑 a TP and waste your goddamned time. (Your valuable time, Dear MMO fan). Also, three-day buffer. You can miss this for three days straight and just 打坐 the gently caress out and if there is a penalty it is very meager.

So what are these two types of exp? One is called 阅历 and the other 修为 (为修?). 阅历 is used for levelling up proper, and for spending on your 身份 (~Life profession) skills. 修为 is for levelling up meridians or your 心法 which is like an internal kinda, but you don't even get one until level 31.

Running around is fun. The maps actually have worthwhile poo poo hidden in all corners, and auto 修为 bonuses for uncovering new areas of the map. I spend a good few hours just random questing and exploring and made some decent loot. There are also challenges; npcs scattered around jianghu for you to challenge; there are rewards for 'normal' mode and then some for 'hard'. Doing quests or uncovering places can trigger the appearance of other quests, so it's almost impossible to 'sweep' a map and move on.

Please give me questions to investigate.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

kznlol posted:

Can you airtank bosses

this is the only thing i will ever care about again

i don't know but lets talk about combat.

pve combat anyway

so the real substance of this game is the combat. most pve encounters fall into two types: either a boss-like single enemy or a swarm-type mob with one or two significantly stronger enemies. Each of the classes I've tried so far (TaiBai, which is a quick sword-type dude like wushu's scholar, Beggar, and Shenwei, which use a spear and a bow together), while ostensibly having a different style and capacity for aspects of pve like control and dps and range etc, all play similarly in a few respects: you only have one style of about 12 attacks. As you've got 12 compared to wushu's 6-9 skills, the number of attacks, and so the number of possible combos, goes up. The basic 'game' is thus using those attacks and combinations of them to manage AOE damage on mobs and higher, targeted damage to the leader.

Also, no mp. Attacks only have cooldown timers.

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 9, 2015

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Also, notice to all whiny babies about how hard 1500 heaven-accumulator points is to achieve:

now you can spend 50 to spin the wheel, five times a day. Plz get more accounts for goons

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Ok Almond first question, because I'm not drawing all this into google translate:

What is this ability and why does it want me to use caps lock?

SLOW MOTION. I THINK THIS WAS A THING IN DMC RIGHT?

CAPS LOCK WILL ALWAYS TOGGLE IT, BUT YOU CAN ALSO DRAG THE SKILL TO YOUR ATTACK BAR AND USE WHATEVER KEY YOU CHOOSE

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
OH ALSO I GUESS I LIED, THAT SLOW-MOTION THING CONSUMES A TYPE OF MP

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Almond there is a rabbit on my map. What does the rabbit do Almond?

Its a quest for lvl 40+. Apparently it's trivia? haha, it says something like "having found the event location, inside the city(manor it looks like in this case) will appear 10 jianghu dudes, (a character i cant be bothered to look up) if you answer their questions you can get mad rewards, 40-th level and up dudes (大侠) can participate. Note: after one of these dudes is discovered, another will pop up. Each dude can only be asked by 25 players each day, and each player can only ask 50 dudes each day. "

So it seems like literally the least fun thing in the world for you if you cant read the questions. BUT i could be totally wrong because '问题' while usually meaning question, can also mean 'problem', so maybe the guy there will give you a quest. The text does say '回答' which is unambiguously 'answer', so it's probably trivia though.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Haquer posted:

I'm slowly learning japanese but I'm definitely not going to dive into anything like an MMO with the very basic knowledge I have

I mean, I played PSO2 but a lot of nerds over the world translate the game and made an amazing English patch for it so that didn't really count

I recommend MMOs as a language-learning tool. So long as you can be bothered to write down what you don't know and go look it up / discuss the wonky grammar with a teacher.

Also, there's enough overlap between kanji and hanzi that you can get the gist of chinese text, no?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

To whoever hijacked the account I was using: You didn't even delete my character. I am very disappointed in your performance.

It's one character per server during beta. There's a good chance our pirate didn't take the time to check every server to maliciously delete your character.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Oh, right, I made a TianXiang and a Tang.

TianXiang is almost a copy of pretty girl school. Their fighting is not the same though; Pretty Girl school was all about dodging like crazy and health regen, whereas TianXiang is about party buffing, healing and DPS.

What? A Healer/DPS combo? Yeah she is pretty rad, I had a hard time not picking her.

Tang is so cool. So so so cool. It is HARD to do well but if you are really ACE (like me), you can use your distancing moves and marionette to do the highest DPS while taking (almost) no damage. Since it's so hard, sometimes it doesn't work out and you die though. But hey, exciting PVE!

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Natalie_Luna posted:

Just remember the more ridiculous your wedding hat, the more important you are...

In other news im flying to Beijing tomorrow, and I am visiting Tencents offices there before I go on a nice big trip around the land of the moonspeak,
see you nerds in six weeks!

Oh, and I'll also be in Suzhou (Snails home Offices are there) If you'd like me to nail something to their door...

I am here too. How did they trick you into coming?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Hey Almond have you figured out anything about professions? I poked around in assassin and treasure hunter (?) but wasn't really able to do anything with them.

Musician is easy if you can't read chinese. Upgrade your songs and buff yourself. Also, playing it once adds 1% proficiency, so if you wanna poopsock the song to perfecting immediately, i think you can.

I am playing hunter now. I am pretty ace at killing poo poo with mounted archery, but how on earth am i supposed to corral these cats into the trap so i can sell them?!

OH! Uh, hunters need arrows, and three other professions need consumables that you can buy in Hangzhou. If you can find the square with all the merchants, there are a bunch of dudes in a building in the middle. one of them exchanges stuff for those consumables.

Also, tang is really fun for pve. A large part of it is moving your doll strategically (it is like a machine gun so you gotta mount and remount it as the enemies move, but if you kite well it's not a problem). But i get so wrecked in pvp; i am not as good at this as i thought.

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 15, 2015

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Yeah, and new class open. Five poisons? Whatev.

Anyway, I'm gonna make a new Five Poison character, is the server mentioned earlier our preliminary planned goon server?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

致广大玩家:

自5.28《天涯明月刀》不删档测试开启以后,在全体玩家的帮助下,我们度过了难忘的时光,也将产品向着更加稳健的方向打磨和优化。

在此,对全体参与不删档测试的玩家,致以最正式,最真诚的感谢;并且,我们在此宣布,本次不删档测试将在2015年6月30日下午4点正式结束,届时我们将正式关停目前的所有大区和所有服务器。

离开是为了马上回来。我们将在短暂的停服时间里进行密集的部署;4个小时之后,6月30日晚8点,首批6组新服开放,提供给广大玩家进行不限号预捏脸创角体验;22个小时之后,7月1日下午2点,《天涯明月刀》“浪迹天涯”不限号测试正式开启。

点此关注《天涯明月刀》印象·西湖发布会直播

今夜之后,我们一起浪迹天涯,携手看江湖浩大。

To the myriad players:

From 5/28's non-wipe closed beta onward, by the grace and assistance of our dear players, we have gone through an unforgettable time and have polished and improved our game towards even greater stability.

Here we would like to officially extend our most sincere gratitude towards our dear players, as well as announce the conclusion of this non-wipe closed beta phase at 4pm, June 30, at which time all servers and districts will be closed.

This downtime is scheduled so to with the utmost celerity bring the servers back up. We will make the proposed server modificatons quickly, and expect servers to be back up by 8pm. At this time, the first batch of six new servers will be opened, providing our dear playerbase to (what the hell is this? unlimited character face pinching? gently caress chinese, really). 22 hours after this, at 2pm July 1st, Moonlight Blade's 'Wandering in Bumblefuck' open beta will commence.

Click here for more information about Moonlight Blade's "Impressions: West Lake Conference Broadcast'

After tonight, we'll wander around together in bumblefuck, hand in hand, taking in the grandeur and beauty of Jianghu.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Also, I never played Zhenwu; what's the deal with them?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Digital Decay posted:

Unlimited character face pinching is probably another way of saying character customization.

From what we've seen of the Wudu set, they like to go invisible and hide crows in their clothing that fly out when they do kungfu. The guys don't like to wear shirts and the girls like to stab themselves in the chest.

I only got to mess around with Shenwei, Beggars, and Taibai. I think Zhenwu are the ezmode class? Even though in the chargen Shenwei are listed as the lowest difficulty class but probably only because they're tankier.

I AM ALL ABOUT HIDING CROWS IN MY CLOTHING. GET HYPE

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Yeah, I'll see you guys when WuDu opens, unless you guys have some terrible dearth of tangmen.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

kznlol posted:

god help me

both green things autopath to teleport npcs, a different one in 2 different zones. Each npc has like 3 levels of nested options, all of which teleport you somewhere, and you cant teleport back unless you find a horse cart or blow your 10m cd.

i just want this to end

DO YOU LIKE HANGZHOU OR KAIFENG?

NUMBER ONE IS GUY IN HANGZHOU

NUMBER TWO IS GUY IN KAIFENG

Get to either and the NPC is a TRAIN STATION. Really, any option will do. His whole purpose is to save you your tele; he teles you for free. Anything you click will work.

After you tele, you will see four guys standing in a line. It does not matter where you tele, all the destinations will have four guys standing in a line. Thats where the party leader accepts the quest.

See, the problem is, that daily needs to be done with a party. You can go to the guy (Heretofore known as TRAINSTATION) in KAIFENG or HANGZHOU and there will be people forming parties. Or you can take the TRAINSTATION to a place, and there will be people forming parties too. But if you can't read any chinese, how will you read the chat to know who to party with?

Better to just join the english guild and beg someone to bring you along.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Third World Reggin posted:

It looks like you are trying to do one of the daily quests. Which is probably the guild only one or the other dumb one.

I'd suggest not doing those and selecting the top button of the two side ones.

No do that daily; that's the most important daily.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

"日常求组"

This is not getting enough love.

Really guys, this is the magic phrase.

日常求组 日常求组 日常求组 日常求组 (I beseech you to invite me to your party so that we might take part in our daily quests)

If you are smart enough that you've set up pinyin input and aren't feverishly copying and pasting every single time you need to type, the pinyin is 'ri chang qiu zu'

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 2, 2015

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

kznlol posted:

why is it an important daily

i'm so antisocial i dont even like partying with people when i can speak the language and play the game properly

It gives you both types of xp in large quantities, the tokens for buying life skill items, crafting mats, and other poo poo that is probably important. Also if its a cart it's stupid easy.

Also I made a ZhenWu named 阿祖拉 and im gonna find you people. Plz post in-game names here.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

This is not a joke. Tigers are invulnerable to kung fu, and I've seen players spawn them. You need to be a hunter and use hunter arrows to kill them. They hit like trucks and it is hilarious.

Also I hope some of you fucks pick the pretty princess umbrella class if we ever want to do dungeons.

No really guys, what classes are you picking, this is important.

I'm waiting for the WuDu to drop to play with it, but if that sucks I am flexible. Pretty Princess class is almost as fun as Tangmen to play, and people will seek you out (just like being the prettiest girl at the dance) unlike being a tangmen, where people will tell you their party is uh, full, cause, uh, a friend is coming later.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Third World Reggin posted:

I keep shooting animals with a bow and I rarely get hunter exp

is there a daily cap or something?

also why won't this loving duck set off my bear trap I swear to god

AFAIK you get 身份 exp two ways: ONE IS DOING THAT DAILY, KZN, SO DO IT, and the other is, as you say, KILLING animals not shooting them, but the cap is, well, it depends on your level but at 51+ i think it's 28000 per day, which is like 10 animals.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

angerbeet posted:

What am I doing wrong here? It looks like an error message but scribbling out the characters starts me onto some translation error about the end of the world or possibly the lunar new year - it happens when I try to launch the game after region select etc.

Yeah that's a novel error; it's essentially just telling you that there was an error, and the program has no idea what caused it, much like firefox or windows do when they crash for me. The textbox is asking you to describe how you produced that error. Just because someone else got that same dialogue box does not mean the two errors are in any way connected.

But that's probably not what you wanna hear? You can't go wrong with a full HD wipe/OS reinstall?

Also, you guys keep mention scribbling characters...what on earth is your input method?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Not sure, but sometimes setting your system locale (different from your normal locale) to China helps with random issues for some people. Did with me.

Right, and this is a prime example of BAD CODING. Bad character encoding, anyway.

I'll spare you guys a lecture about character encoding sets, but this is basically what happens when you forget that there are other character sets in the world. When this game displays text in many instances(not all, sometimes its legit an image, not a character), that code needs to be read as simplified chinese, or the program will get all confused and (SHOULD) NOT START (At very least you won't be able to read anything, but i guess that describes most peoples' experience with this game in any case). If you're on windows, then windows assumes that non-unicode characters should be interpreted according to your system locale, which means you shouldn't be able to start this game unless your system locale is PRC, and your system has support for simplified chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

randombattle posted:

That got it.

I seem to have a broken server list though.

See those characters bottom left? Those are not chinese characters. You have a character encoding problem. Change your system locale.