Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

funakupo posted:

If you guys want another lemonparty with apples (2x the size) I still have quite a bit on an alt if I can recall the log-in. If you manage to get the server population back up high enough, it would be good to repeat so just let me know.
Below is original wall of text for new players for lemon parties (gives the videos from Grithok some context)

original post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542608&pagenumber=93&perpage=40#post415927487

God drat lemon thieves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'd just like to let people know that I've sold 180L worth of cavalry lances as of this morning. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

But, but, if no new players can log in, how will I sell my cavalry lances? :saddowns:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Haha holy poo poo way to rip off Prince of Persia

...does this mean Gecko On The Wall will be useful?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jackard posted:

So, Dongfang Shiting is Korean?

Dongfang Shiting is such a bro, how many months did he let us crash at his place?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm going to post a tutorial on how exploring jianghu & factions works, if it could be added to the OP that'd be awesome.

Exploring Jianghu is a mode that you activate by clicking the "more" button then the flag with three "k"s on it. In this mode you'll challenge faction bosses and try to collect bounties, which are random faction bosses which when defeated, give you a box with an "Order of The Hero" token and a "Weapon Manual". "Order of the Heroes" can be turned in for a buff that lasts a whole week, you can have only 1 activate at a time, but +30 brawn is pretty nice. Weapon manuals are AMAZING. You'll also earn points that you can exchange for the above items as well as various quality tendon pills and mantis fist, demon heart chain hand and soul stealing sting of intrigue skills.

When you consume a weapon manual it will give you a choice of what weapon style you want to invest in. Unarmed, staff, stick, blade, double blade, hidden weapons, single sword, double sword, dual stings and dagger sets can all be improved by weapon manuals. The first level of weapon manuals takes 1 weapon manual and gives a few extra points of damage, the final level takes 512 weapon manuals (1023 total) and gives and extra 194 damage per attack (it's shown as purple damage on the relevant skill) However the amount of weapon manuals you need doubles per level and the damage because less efficient, weapon manuals to damage ratio is roughly: 1-5, 2- 7, 4-11, 8-16, 16-24, 32-38, 64-58, 128-86, 256-136, 512-194. Now that's per each level, in order to calculate how many weapon manuals you need total to reach a level, it's double the level's requirement -1.

So once per round you get a free select opponent, use this to select a bounty target, preferably on the highest tier of exploring jianghu you can do. Tier 1 bounties give 1 manual, tier 2 2, tier 3 5 and tier 4 ten. Doing exploring jianghu starts in minor tier and gradually unlocks recognized, known and famous tiers which get progressively more difficult. Complete 6 bosses in one round and you'll unlock a bonus round which when activated resets Exploring jianghu and every bountied boss drops double weapon manuals. Since you can buy one challenge order per day for tier 2 and below, that means if you challenge a tier 4 boss and 6 tier 2 bosses you'll get 32 weapon manuals guaranteed(The most I've over gotten in one bonus round is 82). Since you'll usually be soloing these factions, it sounds pretty rough and it is, but there's an equalizer.
BUFFS FOR 1 UNBOUND LIANG EACH.

Mad God Descends: Grants you gold armor and life drain, your attacks will only be interrupted by stuns and AOEing trash makes you IMMORTAL.

Venomously Slander: When you first pop this bad boy it pisses off everything in a 50 meter range then constantly damages everything within 30 meters, builds rage and is ideal for getting a good score
when you have to kill 30 or 40 opponents.

Explosive Attack: Damages one enemy and when they die from kung fu related conditions, they explode doing their max hp in damage to everything around them.

Rule The World: Strips bosses of their gold armor, applies a stun and causes anything affected by it to take double damage, it fights for freedom, this buff is your friend.

Protect One's Body: Adds an extra 2k health and a damage shield equal to your new total max health, this will save your rear end.

Move Like The Wind: Increased movement and spawns whirlwinds that deals 100 damage per sec and CC enemies.

Turn The Tide: This buff gradually ticks down then explodes dealing YOUR maximum health to enemies, does not stack so you have to reapply after the explosion.

Uncontrollable Rage: Gives you 50 rage then 10 rage per second for 10 seconds.

All Rivers Run into the Sea: Fully restores your internal force and then repeatedly renews it every 30 seconds for 2 minutes.

The cool thing about these buffs is most of them work together great, here are some common combos:

Rule the world + Whirlwind sprint, the boss is cc'd until sprint runs out giving you vital breathing time if your health is low (pop a pill or whatever)
Rule the world + Turn The Tide + Protect One's body. If you have 8k health, doing that much damage to the boss is cool, doing 10K is better and I'm not mathematician but 20k sounds like an improvement.
Whirlwind + Explosive attack, clears the mobs around the boss if they're troubling you.

Exploring Jianghu points: You can turn these in for fabulous prizes like: order of the heroes, skills books for: Demon Heart Chain Hand, Mantis Fist, Soul Stealing Sting of Intrigue, advanced challenge ordes, the ability to invite a friend and finally DIRECT CULTIVATION PILLS. Tier 1 bosses give you 10 points, tier 2 20, 3 30 4 40.

Boss Basics: Bosses have permanent gold armor, if you see the boss parrying, feint and you'll break its parry, hit it a few times and the boss will fall down and be vulnerable to cc, the more you hit a boss after its parry is broken BEFORE it falls, the longer the CC vulnerability will be(this when beggars use spirit snake poison). Each boss has different attacks and they will appear in their own location. You'll have to learn these locations on their own. After you kill the boss it will spawn one or two chests based on how well you did. However you only have 15 minutes to do exploring jianghu, but you'll be awarded bonus time based on the tier of boss you beat with an A rank.

How to get an A rank: When you start a faction or exploring jianghu there will be a screen with: 1 bonus objective and multiple groups of enemies(often they have a different name as npcs) If you want higher than a D rank, you must fulfill the bonus objective. If it's kill the boss in under 5 or 3 minutes, then do only that. If it's kill 40 enemies, kill forty enemies and kill one group of enemies the enemy name will glow gold when you have enough and it tells you how many you need total. If it's any other objective you need to kill 2 groups of enemies. The higher the score the more treasure you get.

As for factions, you can do this with a team of up to six people, and if you're VIP and you defeat a faction six times, there is a bonus chest on the faction menu you can open up and you'll be given the ability to teleport to the next faction you want to challenge. Much harder to solo since you won't have buffs and it gives ZERO exploring jianghu points.

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 6, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

funakupo posted:

So I need to wander to each school on koop and buy every weapon recipe we don't have yet basically on launch day right? If the T2 recipe go into the weekly rotation we could try ranking for a couple of weeks in hopes of gaining new fancy (I might have enough brass ingots plus other mats still to deep-spam truesilver for easy ranking...maybe).

Are there other professions getting new crafting stuff via new schools release?

Whelp I'll get back to purchase ordering brass ingots I guess.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When you're buying and selling massive amounts of say, materials, you can also browse by item type on the left hand side, and select the quality next to the search interface. You can also browse by individual world stalls and trade stalls, if you see MrPibbleton's stall, BUY NOTHING SELL NOTHING. I'll always give you a crazy discount on stuff I sell and the price I buy things at is insanely low and exploitative. DO NOT INTERACT WITH MY STALL PM ME. Seriously most stuff under 100L I'll flat out give to you.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Welp it ends an hour after I go to work. :smithfrog:

Ends an hour after I wake up! Might be able to log in before I have to head out for class, might.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Opinionated posted:

Is all unbound liang drained when you are logged off for a really long time?

Or guessing I just got hacked and they stole it? I logged in for the first time in almost a year and both my characters have no money. I would've sworn I had some gold on one of my characters too. drat you china!

Yeah, every person who hasn't logged in for a long time has been hacked.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

This is sad for you guys but it increases my chance of being a flutist sooooo :v:

Man, I'm tempted to pay the 5.5 ding, but I'm also tempted to save it and do the stupid quest thing. How far will one man go, to summon battle pork?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

iSovereign posted:

SERVERS UP

Yay! I'm gonna get to make animal puns soon(ish)!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dug up a treasure from the curtain interface, apparently I can trade them in at jinling.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

E: ^^^ treasures are level based so this makes perfect sense?

Good to hear :toot:

So all I really lose is RG chain and since I'm not a beggar it doesn't matter. I won't be able to log in for another couple hours :smith:

I've sold my entire stock of flutes bro. :smith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FebrezeNinja posted:

I wonder if the position requirements apply to other methods. Anyone tried? Otherwise I'm stuck for a while.

Yeah I forgot to copy that one. Anything exciting?

300 of them unlocks a meridian, 600 the next one in the series! Don't recall if it was the 1st or 2nd meridian, but using it consumes a ton of cultivation too.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Did that faction quest from the bank, gonna have to wait until 22:00 to see what the semi random is that I get!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Collect 2 dragon bones, 10 wanderer's miraculous medicine and 2 aged vinegar (might be shanxi) for incognito.

dragonbone stone from school points, 10 brave-heart purifying liquor, shanxi mature vinegar, 10 Jile drug (poisonmaker).

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 7, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It takes two whole days to refine the incognito medicine.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FebrezeNinja posted:

The Jile is easy at least, gaulth and toilet paper. Is brave heart the 700 HP pill you can get from egg breaking?

Yeah I had a bunch of those I traded them to someone who had the other half of the items because he wouldn't tell me what they where until I sent him some liquor.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The new beggar zone boss is a giant snake named, "Snake Wang"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Some of my students have contacted me to warn me to not leave beggars since I'll lose everything, I explained incognito to them. Good kids for trying to warn me though. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Also, Pibbs wanted to see my kicks in action and if I hadn't forgot that he uses Poison Toad I probably wouldn't have died. I love it. Rage move:

Yep, looking forward to seeing this in Mt Hua.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

So how do you get unbound now?

When I did the single faction challenge quest from one of the many, many, npcs around the bank I got four of these prizes that could only be opened 22-2300 and had a four minute cooldown between opening them. I got 3 1k tendon pills, 10 unbound liang, 50 unbound liang and 50 unbound liang. Man this is gonna just deflate the living poo poo out of the economy.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So people told me that gold point mats now make bound mats when you combine them, so I bought the few craftsman books I didn't have and am now the only market supplier of GRAGON LACE. Yes that's right I now supply the mysterious GRAGON LACE. (seriously there was none on the market and I have no idea what it's for.)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

That's the maze in Suzhou with the elemental puzzle and the deadly gas rooms and stuff right? Do you need quest items to get through it?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

I'm pissed. I have 5 more days before I can loving join :argh:

Who could've predicted that murdering over 1400 people could have negative repercussions? I've only killed 61 and the last guy was someone who was trying to teach new beggars that lotus palm was our best set.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whelp I'm going kabuki.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

There are people out there, holding out for a hero.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Bunny posted:

Applied to the guild as Catbug. I played this game when it was Open beta? I think years ago and everything has changed. Did we switch servers? None of my old guys are on Blue Dragon.

We're on Blue Dragon, it's cool.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Today I renamed the sacred animal Eagle King. It blows, it just says, MrPibbleton's Eagle King now.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Holy poo poo that Suzhou storm event was AMAZING. What with the hostages, medicine mini games, savage butchery and tempest staff getting massive buffs.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I will be selling pets on the market, for the love of god DON'T BUY THEM.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

Pib sell me a big dumb boar or something.

Well I can make some of the traps for cheaper than buying, but the second tier requires malachite and the third tier requires dragonbone. The cheapest one I can make is better than the normal trap and I THINK you can catch bears with it, but I'm not 100% sure on that one, just use a trap on an animal during the daily event. Talk to me in game about it, I'm sure I can pick something up for you to train. Oh yeah about training animals, you can just hop outside the cage and feed them from there without them going berserk. Buy the most expensive food, give them ONE, then wait until their nutrition gets down below 100 then feed them again. Their nutrition only decreases when they're summoned and it takes a while.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

That's an entry quest, I don't think you can skip those with liang. There's usually an alternate way to get in though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

Strong man Haquer reporting in~

Pibbs deserves tons of praise for being a hoarder since he was sitting on the exact song I needed to get in :worship:

Is it really hoarding when I desperately try to give this stuff away?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Xu village is an amazing faction to be a chef in what with the campfire ability and all. Poison toad should get a benefit from poisonmakers though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Isn't it voice acted in the chinese version?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So this weekend I attended Akeenai's extremely public execution.

Naturally we were very supportive of him in his time of need.

High fives are a natural and healthy part of the grieving process

Then I played with my elephant.

Then I thought to myself, "If offline stalls, which last for four hours leave my character online..."

kingcee was walking past and stopped to look at my elephant, which can't be killed, dismissed or harmed in this state. I don't know why he's staring, after all he's in the faction that can summon them.

Sometimes people ask me questions about where my elephant's genitals are... :catstare:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I took PibbJr to war today, he killed someone trying to cap the throne and charged through the gates to kill the people I was suicide bombing. My elephant never forget, TO KILL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

randombattle posted:

How much did you have to click to have him summonable in other zones?

In order to summon him outside of the cage in his instance, 300 intimacy is required, in the beggar zone 5000, outside of beggars 10,000. The most efficient food to raise intimacy costs 100L bound and gives 200 intimacy. I did that and used a skill that gives six intimacy per click, so that alone would take 1,334 clicks, on a skill that has a minute cool down. I left my computer on overnight two nights in a row with autohotkey going. I'm going to keep on doing that to see if anything changes at 20k+ intimacy. In the event my elephant gets a wine mist-esque knockdown ability with his trunk(no joke I've seen a tiger with the wine mist knockdown animation and ability), you will know, you will all know.