Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I, stabbington, swear to paint this Ko Dali miniature from Corvus Belli's Infinity by the end of May.

Pictured here pre-priming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Oath Complete

Special Operative Ko Dali - Infinity (28mm)

Some WIPs:

Season 5iver
Box Art -
http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/2013/miniatures/special-operative-ko-dali/
Parts List -
Duplicolor Black and White sandable auto primer
Sand, Ballast, and superglue
Suit - VMC Basic Skintone, P3 Red Ink, GW Carroburg Crimson, P3 Ryn Flesh, VMC Ice Yellow, GW Reikland Fleshshade
Black - VMA Black, VMA German Grey, VGC Cold Grey, VMC White
Grey - VMC Basalt Grey, VMC Violet, VGC Cold Grey, VMC White
Red - VMC Flat Red, GW Mephiston Red, GW Bloodletter, VMA Flourescent Red
"Hair" - VMA Tank Brown, VMC Basic Skintone, GW Reikland Fleshshade, GW Carroburg Crimson, P3 Ryn Flesh
Skin and Eyes - VMC Basic Skintone, GW Mephiston Red, P3 Beaten Purple, GW Carroburg Crimson, GW Reikland Fleshshade, VMC White, VMC Ivory, P3 Ryn Flesh
Weird Boneish Gun Things - P3 Jack Bone, GW Agrax Earthshade, VMC White, VMC Ice Yellow
Base - P3 Arcane Blue, VGC Scurf Green, VMA Black, VMC White

Don't ask me how I actually used any of that nonsense, I just threw color at the drat thing until I didn't think I could improve it anymore without several dozen hours of work.

Easily the most difficult model I've ever painted. There is a ridiculous amount of tiny detail packed onto her, and trying to measure up to Angel Giraldez's insane studio paintjob is an exercise in futility. On the other hand, I'm pretty happy with the end result, so that's worthwhile.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

I, stabbington, swear to paint this sweet rear end Borka riding on a bear (30mm, Privateer press) in the month of June

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Oath Complete!

Really busted my rear end on this one, and he came out great. If you feel like giving me a Jurnal point for actually putting in the effort to paint my grass tufts and flock to tie them together, feel free, but I'm not super bothered either way. The model was a real joy to paint, but I was under time constraints that didn't give me the chance to put together a real good scenic base for it.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

I swear to paint one Absylonia, Daughter of Everblight (Privateer Press) by the end of September.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Oath complete.

Honestly not too happy with how this one turned out. Had trouble making my legion scheme really work with her, and the cast on the upper torso is really shallow detail-wise. Freehand on the wings was a last minute "this needs something more interesting", and I'm pretty okay with how to looks, but it's pretty obvious the chronological progression of my working on it.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: :siren: And now it's time for the long overdue Prizes! :siren: :siren:

Q1 Oath Thread: Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set 1d89 82 http://orokos.com/roll/228007
This goes to rzal!

rzal, please PM me or email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com with your choice of Warmachine/Hordes faction and your address to receive your fabulous prize of a Warmachine or Hordes starter box and token set! If you're new to the game, consider checking out our sweet SA thread on the topic to help you select one to your tastes.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Pash posted:

Wooo! How do I go about collecting this prize! Awesome! Thanks!

If you have plat, PM me your address and the faction you'd prefer, otherwise email me at stabworth.sa@gmail.com.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

I swear to paint this Umbra Legate (28mm Infinity from Corvus Belli) by the end of February.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Oath Complete!

Camera ate the highlights on a lot of that red, but drat that was a fun model to paint. Mostly glazes over zenithal primer, messing around with vallejo game air bloody red (that color is good, you should probably buy it).

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set
rzal

Definitely shipped this, unsure if it ever arrived, and it happened long enough ago that the tracking number is dead. I assume I'd've heard something by now if it hadn't arrived, but let us know!

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

Q4 Oath Thread: Stabbington: Warmachine Starter Set 1d45 17 http://orokos.com/roll/286050
This goes to Galaspar!

Galaspar, PM me or email stabworth.sa@gmail.com with your choice of Warmachine or Hordes faction and a shipping address to claim your battlebox and token set!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

Galaspar posted:

Thanks for this! I'm not (currently) a Warmachine or Hordes player, so I'm having difficulty deciding on a faction, but I'll let you know soon. Does anyone have any recommendations for one that's fun to paint and game with?

Just a reminder that I'm still waiting for an email/PM to get you your prize (stabworth.sa@gmail.com). If you're still looking for a faction suggestion, my personal preferences are Trolls, Circle, and Khador in terms of things that are fun to paint and play, but see the Warmachine/Hordes Thread for more in-depth information and commentary, or Privateer's own Warmachine and Hordes galleries if you just want to browse models until you spot a faction with cool stuff you like.

• Locked thread