Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

(If this gets approved today, I'll attempt to speedpaint it)
The deal with speedpainting from what I recall is that you don't need to wait for approval, just go for it. That's what I was told when I did one last season anywho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath one Space Marine Command Squad by Games Workshop (28mm)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Iris of Ether posted:

Hey SRM, I think your link is broken. :ohdear: Let me know when you get it fixed, and I'll include you in the spreadsheet. Thanks!

For some reason Dakka removed it. Stupid. Here it is again:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

krushgroove posted:

Yo! Same as Asphyxious - I'll need to see your Oath Picture with the Samoan timezone :) just for uniformity's sake!

Oh, missed that! Here they are again, but they've been washed blue now:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
Command squad's done!

Jurnal:

One of the banner and other banners, sitting pretty in their PSD:

If the second timestamped picture (post-blue wash) and/or the banner PSD screenshot don't work for the Jurnal, I'll figure something else out! However, I would like to claim box art for the Apothecary:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

muskets posted:

I was expecting this to be boring because space marines and I could not be happier to be wrong. Love the retro 90s look, right down to the basing.
Thanks! Retro models are kind of my jam.

Zark the Damned posted:

Loving the Ultras SRM, I really have to up my game and get to work on my Salamanders!
Do em up retro style, you know you want to!

Raphus C posted:

drat sexy
Speak for yourself with those neato Ork guns ;-*

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Raphus C posted:

I have more than a handful of those awful mono-pose Ork plastic Boyz (not the presentable metal Boyz with character). I cannot see me painting them up, but still, part of me lusts after the challenge in knocking them into decent shape.

I don't see too many old school Orks about though. The Boyz were fun even if the vehicles looked like poo poo.

There's actually a great guide on painting Orks over at Tale of Painters, and they used one of those awful awesome 2nd ed Boyz to do it:
http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2014/05/tutorial-how-to-paint-orks-or-orcs.html

muskets posted:

Mine didn't come with Boyz - I think that was 2e. Mine came with snapfit non-beaky marines and extra-fiddly Dark Eldar, who were the new army at the time.
The 2nd ed starter set was snapfit Mk 7. Marines and snapfit Ork Boyz and Grotz. The 3rd ed starter set was the same Space Marines that came in a multipart tactical squad kit, a land speeder, and 20 Dark Eldar Warriors. All of these models were the same as the ones that came in standalone kits, had multiple weapon options, and so on. The 3rd ed box was a crazy good deal; I've bought it 3 different times.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

muskets posted:

Looks like I've got some 2e starterbox marines, then - did they reuse those for anything? I know I have loads of really badly assembled basic marines from the 3e era.

There was a set that came out around near the end of 3rd edition with 5 of those monopose Marines (1 had a missile launcher) 8 Genestealers, a starter brush, and a bunch of little pots of paint called Space Marine Assault. I got 4 of them a while ago when someone on eBay was selling them for like $2 each.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Brock Samsonite posted:

Welp, left for the weekend to see my bitch Mom for Mother's Day. Dog tried to kill my cat, wrecked my painting table, broke my new airbrush, shattered my 90% painted oath model, can't find his arm now, then succeeded in killing the cat. Sooo... At least I have enough time to order another one to finish the oath this month? How's everyone elses' May treating them?

What the actual gently caress

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

That reminds me: have you posted a marine with an "ULTRA" decal on his bolter already?
Not yet! I think I'd need to freehand it. Maybe in my next tac squad!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

Oh, missed that! Here they are again, but they've been washed blue now:

I, SRM, make an additional oath of one Space Marine Razorback (28mm) for the game of Warhams Forty Million by Games Workshop

Also, I would like to claim a themed group entry for my command squad.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Nice! The Troll Trader has been the source of a lot of my old Marines.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

And everything I've done this month:

SRM posted:

Command squad's done!

Jurnal:

One of the banner and other banners, sitting pretty in their PSD:

If the second timestamped picture (post-blue wash) and/or the banner PSD screenshot don't work for the Jurnal, I'll figure something else out! However, I would like to claim box art for the Apothecary:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 10 Genestealers for the month of June (GW, 28mm)

In case anyone's wondering, those are not painted; they're cast in dark blue plastic because that's just how it was done during the Space Hulk 1st edition days.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I would like to claim these as a Themed Group, and I will also give the one time bonus for the Parts List in a tutorial form. Everything's GW unless otherwise noted.
Genestealers
- Spray prime Army Painter Crystal Blue
- Wash Asurmen Blue
- Drybrush Army Painter Crystal Blue
- Drybrush Lothern Blue
- Paint purple parts Xereus Purple
- Drybrush purple parts Genestealer Purple
- Wash purple parts with Leviathan Purple or modern equivalent
- Drybrush purple parts Genestealer Purple
- Paint claws and teeth Steel Legion Drab
- Paint claws and teeth Screaming Skull
- Wash claws and teeth with Gryphonne Sepia or modern equivalent
- Paint eyes Skull White or modern equivalent
- Paint tongue Mephiston Red
- Highlight Tongue with Evil Sunz Scarlet

Bases (by http://www.champindustries.net/)
- Spray prime black
- Paint Leadbelcher
- Wash Nuln Oil
- Wash Agrax Earthshade
- Drybrush Leadbelcher
- Paint gold areas Balthasar Gold
- Paint gold areas Gehenna's Gold
- Wash gold areas Agrax Earthshade
- Highlight gold areas with Auric Armor Gold
- Randomly dab blotches of Thrakka Green and Reikland Fleshshade around the metal areas
- Paint caution stripe areas black
- Paint caution stripes in Averland Sunset
- Highlight caution stripes with Yriel Yellow

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Under 15 posted:

Orc closeups. I really like this model, even after painting it 37 times in a row
You did a great job with this horde, and I'm impressed with your diligence! I've had to spread the "I love my bolter" Marines around my tac squads because I can't handle painting that much of the same pose.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Thanks for the repost, would be bummed if it got lost in the shuffle :)

Anyway, now that that's done, I'm making an oath for July!
I, SRM, oath Marneus Calgar and 5 sniper scouts by Games Workshop

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

Thanks for the repost, would be bummed if it got lost in the shuffle :)

Anyway, now that that's done, I'm making an oath for July!
I, SRM, oath Marneus Calgar and 5 sniper scouts by Games Workshop

I'm making an oath addition! I, SRM, oath an Inquisitor STC Colonial Habitat by Games Workshop

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Calgar:

The Scouts:

I would like to claim Speed Painting on my STC colonial habitat:
Before:

After:

Here's more shots of the hab:

The Detektuv's Jurnal is the glowing monitors in the hab.

And now for Strike a Pose!:
++ Begin Transmission ++
We have been separated from our detachment for three days now. After an utter massacre at the claws of the Genestealers, I withdrew the survivors of my squad and headed for the hills. Our short-wave vox links aren't strong enough to reach the fleet, so the only way we're getting off Hadley's Reach is if we can find a waystation with stronger equipment. Just then, our luck turned around:

Thank the Emperor, we had found an abandoned waystation, and by the look of things, some of its equipment might work! I accessed the exterior console, only to find it was relaying static.

I sent brother Omnio up top to get a vantage point while brother Alaric and I secured the building.

"Brother Omnio, do you see anything?"
"No sir, I-"

I looked around in a panic, and saw the Genestealer coming up behind Alaric.
"Alaric, on your six!"

He was dead before he could turn around.
++ End Transmission ++
CONTACT LOST

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
drat Slimnoid, you paint purdy. That OSL is lovely.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I think that's why I appreciate it. It's not exactly subtle, but it's not overdone by any stretch of the imagination.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

lovestick posted:

A big huge pile of necrons. Finally finished an army I started 12 years ago :woop:

Congrats! They look great.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath one command squad and a Commissar by Games Workshop for the game of Warhammer 40,000

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath one command squad and a Commissar by Games Workshop for the game of Warhammer 40,000

Okay, that stuff is painting up quick, so I'm making an Oath Addition! I oath 10 Chaos Cultists kitbashed from GW parts for the game of Warhammer 40k.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I have to ask, can I claim these as two separate Themed Groups or do I have to choose just one? If I have to choose one, I'd like to nominate the command squad and Commissar for Themed Group.
The Cultists:

Command squad:

My attempt at the Jurnal is the power axe on the Commissar:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath a Terminator Librarian, 5 Assault Marines, 10 Guardsmen, and a command squad for September:

And for Cut N' Swap I cut off the gun grip in the Marine's hand and gave him a reverse-gripped knife:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Greyish Orange posted:

I Greyish Orange, Oath five marines and a razorback. (GW)

Primed white while the weather held out and was good.

God drat that awesome old box art.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:I am making an Oath addition!:pcgaming:

I oath one Whirlwind by Games Workshop and Armorcast for the game of Warhammer 40,000, 28mm scale.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath a Terminator Librarian, 5 Assault Marines, 10 Guardsmen, and a command squad for September:

And for Cut N' Swap I cut off the gun grip in the Marine's hand and gave him a reverse-gripped knife:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Brock Samsonite posted:

Brock Samsonite, Oathing one Shrouded from Corvus Belli's Infinity range.

Primed one next to him is a stock one, I cut/swapped the gun and changed his head out for one from a Malignos.

I also made this for Signal and just haven't wanted to poo poo the thread up with it until.... RIGHT NOW

I love this so much.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

First up is the Whirlwind/Hunter/Stalker:

The Librarian, who I would like to claim Double the Fun on, as he has both box art and Non Metallic Metals on his axe:

And the box art:

The Assault Marines:

The Guardsmen:

The company command squad:

In addition to the Double the Fun! of Non metallic metals and box art, I'd like to also claim everything as a themed group.

SRM fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 26, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

In my Oath Complete post I forgot to mention the Cut n' Swap for the month's theme, which I detailed in my WIP photo - just want to make sure I'm on the right page here!

SRM posted:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath one Leman Russ Exterminator and 5 Assault Marines by Games Workshop for the game of Warhammer 40,000 for the month of October

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

krushgroove posted:

Oath Accepted!

Also I didn't reply to your email (sorry) but the artwork is fantastic :) Folks, this guy pumps out great drawings every month with no reminders, month after month...for what, is this the third Oath Thread you've provided art for? Great stuff :) You'll have to fly over to Warhammer World sometime so we can have a game!
Thank you! It's always a pleasure to do the art for these threads, even if sometimes it's at 11:50 the night before it's due. This is the third time, but I'm having more fun with it than I have with any of the other ones!

Warhammer World is honestly somewhere I'd really love to go as kind of a nerd Mecca, but flying to the UK is a little tough to justify financially right now. If I ever am so fortunate to fly out there, I'll be hitting up the ham threads like crazy to get games in with as many UKgoons as possible!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Hypnostache posted:

:aaa:

In that case I think I'll scour the unspiration thread for a new avatar. It's the first failure in the 18 or so months of oathing that I've done, I feel I need something to remind me of not doing it again.

(pretty sure someone actually has this one)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Haydrian posted:

Got a question about the Oath I'm going to submit for this month. I'm converting a model airplane into a Dakkajet, how far along do I need to be with it before I submit the oath? I have the plane assembled and a lot of the body Orky-fying is done, but the pilot is not complete and the weapons are not even begun. Do I need to have those on it before I can submit?
I've seen people oath a model still on the sprue. I think so long as it's not painted yet you're generally good to go.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zark the Damned posted:

Since it fits the monthly theme and all, maybe we should start some sort of 'Fly SRM to Warhams World' funding drive?
I won't argue with that!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Thanks, now I'll remember to keep painting. And I encourage other oathbreakers to get those avatars also.
Yesssss

Germ posted:

On a separate note: PRIZE SUPPORT!
This is awesome news! Your terrain looks great.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Detektuv's Jurnal is the blue ribbon on the leftmost Assault Marine's kneepad. The blue ribbon is part of the Blue Ribbon Campaign, which is intended to stop Internet censorship and promote freedom of speech: https://www.eff.org/pages/blue-ribbon-campaign

I would also like to claim all these guys and the tank as a themed group.

Finally, it appears I'm missing the bonus points for Strike a Pose and Speed Painting on the spreadsheet. I did both of those in this Oath Complete post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=153678#post431845998

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 8 bikes and one attack bike for Warhammer 40k

I painted the riders separately in October, so I'm hoping to finish them up this month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
KR stuff is dope and everyone should use their poo poo. Glad you're digging that case!

• Locked thread