Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DarkstarIV posted:

From PWInsider.

We just need the six sided ring.

About the office space, is that another cost-cutting move? Because it sounds kind of pathetic, like Dixie is going to have her office in a broom closet and the creative department holds meetings in the cardboard box in the back alley (but only if the bum living there lets them have it for free).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Grendels Dad posted:

About the office space, is that another cost-cutting move? Because it sounds kind of pathetic, like Dixie is going to have her office in a broom closet and the creative department holds meetings in the cardboard box in the back alley (but only if the bum living there lets them have it for free).

Do you really think that Dixie would ever make a personal sacrifice like that?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm picturing something similar to the WAMMA "offices" when trying to think of TNA's office.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
The TNA office is, as far as I know, in the same building as a pretty nice restaurant in Nashville. Not a bad space for a small, private office, but definitely not public or nice.

Lotus Brony
Feb 21, 2012

by Cowcaster
I think that among one of the big differences between Dixie and McMahon is that Dixie never had to struggle and doesn't know the concept of self sacrifice, whereas McMahon has at least been there where he genuinely almost lost it all with no mommy or daddy for rescue.

Each crazy in their own way.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you really think that Dixie would ever make a personal sacrifice like that?

Good point. But then again I can picture Dixie being absolutely delusional about the pickle she's in and making excited Twitter comments about things finally looking up from her broom closet.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lotus Brony posted:

I think that among one of the big differences between Dixie and McMahon is that Dixie never had to struggle and doesn't know the concept of self sacrifice, whereas McMahon has at least been there where he genuinely almost lost it all with no mommy or daddy for rescue.

Each crazy in their own way.
Vince did lose it all, and did have a dad to save him.

Your point stands, though. I do agree that Vince understands struggle and effort far more than Dixie does.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

There's plenty of talent in TNA. If anything TNA has actually gotten younger the last six months. They just don't do anything interesting with the talent or just let them let loose to have great matches like what happens in indies to cover bad writing/booking.

getting younger doesn't mean poo poo when you lose people like sabin, shelley, bad influence, styles and replace their positions with tiger uno and rob terry in a mask. tna has talent but they have a lot less talent then they did six months ago. also, does youth even matter in a company that exists month to month?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WeaponX posted:

getting younger doesn't mean poo poo when you lose people like sabin, shelley, bad influence, styles and replace their positions with tiger uno and rob terry in a mask. tna has talent but they have a lot less talent then they did six months ago. also, does youth even matter in a company that exists month to month?

They added hot rookie prospects like MVP and Bobby Lashley too, don't be so cynical.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Is it wrong to hope the Manhattan crowd goes ONS '06 for their "please don't cancel us, look how big league we are" tapings?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dario the Wop posted:

Is it wrong to hope the Manhattan crowd goes ONS '06 for their "please don't cancel us, look how big league we are" tapings?

It'd be more fun (and hardly unlikely) if they get hardly anyone to show up in the first place.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

We just need more Manhattan Center tapings

PWInsider posted:

TNA has booked the Grand Ballroom of the Manhattan Center for three more Impact Wrestling TV Tapings, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
TNA will be running the venue on 8/5, 8/6 and 8/7.

TNA is running three tapings next month as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vertical Lime posted:

We just need more Manhattan Center tapings

There is a chance they can fill the venue or come close next month because with their TV set up they just need 800 people in the venue. (They will still lose tons of money even if they do.) But more in August? Holy poo poo.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I can see how they die now.

Smark crowd that shows up for the June tapings will contribute to a terrible few weeks of TV. When they tape again in August, the crowd will be half the size and ten times nastier. Those shows will be so awful that Spike may not even air them, TNA finally dies.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

skaboomizzy posted:

I can see how they die now.

Smark crowd that shows up for the June tapings will contribute to a terrible few weeks of TV. When they tape again in August, the crowd will be half the size and ten times nastier. Those shows will be so awful that Spike may not even air them, TNA finally dies.

TNA shot dead on live television.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

It sounds like they're just unloading empty space to save money now that the previous use for that space is in another facility.

What's stupid is that they probably haven't been using that space for a long time and were paying for it just because.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm looking at their schedule from their site:

Tapings in Bethlehem, PA on June 20 and 25; three nights of tapings at Hammerstein June 25-27; four house shows in July and then... what? Are they really going to stretch those five nights of June tapings until the August Hammerstein tapings?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I dunno how you've hung on to hope this long but there's nothing but disappointment ahead so it almost makes me feel bad knowing its coming for you

No hope. I'm not sure how you read that in my post. I haven't watched an episode of Impact in months and if anything everything they've done in 2014 has pushed me further and further away. All I said was that there's talent on the roster. The Wolves, Joe, King, Aries, Roode, Manik/Perkins. Guys who aren't "great" but I think have value like EY, Bully Ray, Storm, MVP. Guys who probably have an upside and value if used properly like Tigre Uno, Magnus, Sanada, Bro Mans, Gunner, EC3. There's no doubt that AJ, Sabin, and Bad Influence were great talents and losses and the roster has slugs like Knux and Rob Terry but talent isn't TNA's problem. There's talent on that roster not being used well and all the recent signings and One Night Only bookings suggests they can bring on more.

But talent doesn't mean poo poo if they're being booked like poo poo and not being given the time and circumstance to kick rear end in the ring. And that's what's been happening for a long time in TNA and there's no real evidence that that's going to change in any way.

Trust me, you don't have to feel for me. This whol idea of me as the devoted TNA mark still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. TNA can die tomorrow and I wouldn't be especially affected besides the vague idea of people losing work and less wrestling on tv, but I wasn't really watching anyway. Wrestling in general is kind of dead to me, or at least in deep slumber. I'm mostly waiting to see what happens with the Jarrett and AAA projects but I've long ago learned those things rarely work out in wrestling.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
How embarrassing must it be to TNA today when Bellator has 100k buys confirmed for their show that lost half of their main event a week out. Weren't the most buys they ever had was 55k for Joe/Angle?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

How embarrassing must it be to TNA today when Bellator has 100k buys confirmed for their show that lost half of their main event a week out. Weren't the most buys they ever had was 55k for Joe/Angle?

The first Joe/Angle and Joe/Angle at Lockdown 08 are typically listed at 70K.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

skaboomizzy posted:

Tapings in Bethlehem, PA on June 20 and 25; three nights of tapings at Hammerstein June 25-27; four house shows in July and then... what?

Liquidation

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Meltzer said 50-65k.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Meltzer said 50-65k.

New numbers came out today saying 100K+.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

New numbers came out today saying 100K+.

Just Jonathan Snowden (yes I know) went on a rampage about those numbers being reported by outlets that have no history of reporting numbers. He feels they were simply fed bogus numbers.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

rovert posted:

Meltzer said 50-65k.

quote:

@YMazyar · 1h
@davemeltzerWON any idea if this 100,000+ number for the bellator PPV is based in reality? http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/28/5759132/bellator-crosses-100000-buy-mark-for-inaugural-pay-per-view-effort

quote:

@davemeltzerWON · 1h
@YMazyar Yes, a real number.

Meltzer confirmed the new numbers when I asked

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

rovert posted:

Just Jonathan Snowden (yes I know) went on a rampage about those numbers being reported by outlets that have no history of reporting numbers. He feels they were simply fed bogus numbers.

You're wrong and Snowden is the biggest piece of poo poo source of mma news/rumors/thoughts in the already poo poo mma journalism community

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Need a hug, Yuriy?

I don't mind being corrected. I haven't really checked Twitter the past hour. Apologies for operating on 2+ hour old intel.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 29, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I checked TNAsylum to see if they had posted anything funny today, saw the quarters.

quote:

Q1: Impact opened with a show-high 1.03 rating for a promo between MVP’s group and the Wolves, plus one commercial.

Q2: Impact stayed at a 1.03 rating for Eric Young and Austin Aries addressing MVP's group, Bram/Magnus backstage, Angelina/Gail backstage, and one commercial.

Q3: Impact dipped to a 0.96 rating for Angelina Love vs. Brittany in an open challenge for the Knockouts Title, plus one commercial.

Q4: Impact stayed a 0.96 rating for Storm/Anderson at a bar, Austin Aries vs. MVP, and one commercial.

Q5: Impact dipped to a 0.90 rating for a promo featuring MVP, Dixie Carter and Bully Ray, plus one commercial.

Q6: Impact dipped to a show-low 0.77 rating for Willow vs. Magnus in a falls count anywhere match, one commercial, and Gunner/Shaw at a mental hospital.

Q7: Impact stayed at a 0.77 rating for Eddie Edwards' fight with Kenny King, one commercial, and Storm/Anderson at a bar.

Q8: Impact increased slightly to a 0.78 rating for Eric Young vs. Bobby Lashley in a non-title match, plus one commercial.

Not as bad as last week but still funny. Jeff Hardy and the guy they spent 6 months grooming to be their next big heel saw the biggest drop on the show.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Observer posted:

Tickets for the first set of New York tapings were not moving well at all. All the front row is gone for all three nights, but tons of ringside seats are left and they only have 800 seats to fill and aren’t close and New York is traditionally a fast out of the block market.

Not surprising but drat.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Not surprising but drat.

:laugh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Not surprising but drat.

It's funny I looked at the ticket sales a couple nights ago and thought "Huh, they've sold almost half of the seats for the first night, they'll have to give away less tickets than I expected!" Guess my expectations were too low for TNA.

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

We just need Bruno Sammartino.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

According to the Von Erichs' Facebook page, Ross and Marshall Von Erich will be wrestling at TNA's Slammiversary pay-per-view on June 15th in Arlington, Texas. Their opponents have yet to be announced although their manager/publicist, Lisa Renee Andrews, revealed that they were slated to face the Bro Mans on the card.

Ross and Marshall – the sons of Kevin Von Erich – have been training and competing as a tag team with Pro Wrestling Noah in Japan over the past two years.

Jokes write themselves.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

The last time a Von Erich competed in TNA it was pure magic so this is good news for me.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Career suicide, regular suicide, what's the difference

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Have the Von Erichs even been mentioned on TV and I missed it, or are they going to be wrestling for the Tag Titles despite never being on TNA programming beforehand?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ross and Marshall are both pretty solid hands. Hopefully they signed short contracts.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

All of the shows up until then are in the can so, unless they get heavily promoted in viginettes and backstage segments, I don't see why they would be on the main card. Probably a dark match only.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't they build the Wolves in exactly that way? With those not-great promos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't they build the Wolves in exactly that way? With those not-great promos?
Worked, didn't it? They won the tag belts shortly afterwards...for less than a week.

• Locked thread