Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Rescue America! Rescue America!! Rescue America!!! Californian! Let us together rescue America from turning into a third world country. Enough is enough of American deep suffering. People in Washington has collapsed this country. Therefore, electing Dr. Akinyemi Agbede, as your next United States senator representing the golden state of California 2016 is the answer in order for our country to be reclaimed back.
I'm in. I'm putting all my chips on Dr. Akinyemi Olabode Agbede (right click add to dictionary x3) and he's going to save us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

And Jill Stein is insane, so

I mean she'd still be better than Trump, nominally, in that I'd rather have a fool than a monster for president. But honestly preferring Stein over all of the other possible candidates you can vote for in California?

Unless... oh, are you a vaxxx truther?
Personally I'm only going to vote Stein until smallpox appears on the ballot, at which point my true political convictions will come into play. Until then, baby steps.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For the cigarette one, I've been thinking "no" because it disproportionately affects the poor.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I want the Trump administration to be destroyed by a bitcoin scam.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

El Mero Mero posted:

I asked newsom if he though the state should assume the responsibility for ensuring a middle class quality of life for Californians if business won't do it and he was like "nope. Personal responsibility! That's the future so get used to it."
I asked newsom why he was rooting through my trash and he said he was looking for condoms to eat, and then ran away. If I catch him at it again I'm going to hang up blinking Christmas lights around my trash bin. I hear that works?

Prick.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shbobdb posted:

Marlboro's logo, if turned upside-down, is horrifically and intentionally antisemitic.

I'm not seeing it and Google is failing me. Can you spell it out for me?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how Trump will affect Ken Calvert's reelection. Ballotpedia says his/my district is +9(R) and that we voted +8 for Trump. All the Trump voters I know have only doubled down on him since 2016, so, I don't know, I'm kind of expecting the Trump effect to pass us by. I'm not sure how much of my district is wealthy nativists, or how to find out.

Blue 42, come on :pray:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Dire news, friends: I've recently been informed that California is broke. No details provided, just that California is broke, and that's why we have all these draconian taxes.

I need those details without having to listen to conservative ranting with associated rear end-pulls. Were we in the news recently? Is this about the deficit?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

Nah

It’s at least 90%

“Independent” just means someone votes straight ticket republican with maybe a very rare exception, and are just too embarrassed to admit they are a bigoted fascist piece of poo poo that also loves shooting children and enriching the rich. so they hope saying “oh well ho hum well actually I’m independent! Both parties are bad! *brain slides out of ear into molten pile of goop*

I'm independent because I don't want to ever get mail from the democratic party, the bastards. Stick it to the man

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

hey if you're in CA42 please vote out ken calvert he's a huge piece of poo poo and julia peacock is p sweet

On it. Calvert you loving bloated tick of a political throwback, we comin for you. Hitting the buttons super hard makes your vote count for more, right? Wait no I'm mail-in.

But there are enough ultra-Trumpers and lifelong gop voters in my area that I've been assuming the blue wave will dodge us entirely. So many people who still care about guns, protecting America from the foreign hordes, and never never never funding "freebies" for the poor. They're all over the place. They own my apartment, they host Christmas dinner, they set up petition desks outside the local stater bros.

God do I want to see these people poo poo themselves over Representative Peacock. we'll see, I guess.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
As of polls taken in June, Julia Peacock is probably not beating Calvert in district 42. Would anyone like to tell me otherwise :ohdear:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rainbow Knight posted:

the answer to many of life's toughest dilemmas is general japery and impish menace.

Correct. You probably can't get these people to act decent, but if you shut this poo poo down with a supersoaker full of piss then maybe the essential workers on your block can get another hour of sleep.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm always seeing these stickers on people's trucks, the ones with the roman numeral III inside a circle of stars. I've been telling myself they aren't three percenter stickers, but then that NFL player got in trouble for having the exact same symbol as a tattoo.

So I guess what I'm saying is that being the best of the two coasts is like being the best of the two American political parties.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rah! posted:

lol really nice of your landlord to pit their tenants against each other, especially during a depression and plague

a $500 dollar discount could be the difference between life and death for plenty of people lol im sure no one feels resentful towards the landlord or the winner that they live next door to

What I like is that this incentivizes renters to encourage each other not to pay on time, because each person who pays rent lowers the odds of their getting that $500.

I think the really evil move would be to combine this with a promise to lower everyone's rent for the month for each renter who paid in full and on time. This might or might not result in bullying campaigns. Or it'd encourage tenants to work together. Oops!

Jesus, all of these fuckers would be in so much trouble if Americans were better at working toward a shared goal. We are SO close at all times, yet never quite there. I wander what the correlation actually is between leftism and alcoholism.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
An Amazon warehouse burned down in Redlands if anyone needs a bit of good news. No injuries reported that I'm aware of. Just hundreds of millions of dollars in product lost :allears:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Darkoni posted:

Holy poo poo i used to work at that warehouse.

As what? And do you know if the place was any different from a true Amazon fulfillment center?

I was also going to ask if anyone working there looked particularly arsonous but let's not get anybody arrested.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

Hell yeah, I cut my teeth on FC before moving onto SA when it eventually imploded

This was my posting rig

This picture just gets better the more I look at it. The hot pocket and CRT monitor are the obvious standouts, but let's not sleep on the CD player, the fossil phone, and the Tommy Boy DVD.

I'm not even trying to roast. The pic makes me happy, that's it. I usually have to watch videos of penguins or piglets to get this feeling.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So how is this Newsom recall going to shake out? Do I need to read up on these other candidates, or will a flat "no" work out fine?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Larry Elder?! God drat. I remember listening to him on the radio as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah you wouldn't believe the whining I'm hearing from all my bosses up the chain. The owner of the company called a meeting to tell us all about how people voted for this because they don't understand economics, plus all the usual talking points about teacher pay and prices of goods. Meanwhile we're getting steady business even on slow days, and while that could be bc it's the first of the month, I expect to see it get markedly more busy as customers have more money now. Not that I would care if we didn't, but still.