Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams
Thanks for starting this thread up - I feel the employment situation in California is completely hosed right now. I have a friend bailing to another state because -three jobs- isn't enough to make rent where he lives and he does not want roomates at all.

The guy I am currently seeing wants to become a K-12 teacher but not in this state. He feels California fucks the good teachers while giving horrid teachers permanent paying tenure, that government pensions to retires is killing the state, high taxes are a loving crime because the job creators will leave, etc. He also is pissed off at Unions in general and that takes some serious deprogramming to get that kind of hate down.

Doesn't help that he was raised by AnCap household and yet his family are all government employees bringing home like 7k a month.

I dunno what to tell him because I honestly don't know what's to be done. I have a lot of childhood friends leaving en masse and it sucks. I know I am going to have to follow suit soon. :smith:

A bit E/N but there you have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Bastard Tetris posted:

Good god, where do you live? Outside of 2009 pretty much my entire peer group held down steady, reasonably well paying jobs from then until now.

I live in SoCal with my family.

Most of my friends are graduates with 4-year degrees and their respective fields either closed up shop for other states or there has been layoffs. It's in fields I can barely comprehend because I am a dumb motherfucker with genius friends - Engineering, Biology, Maths, Computer Sciences.

One of them can do complex math directly in his head, draw drat near perfect geometric 3D shapes without the use of rulers or software, and makes circuits for fun and no one will trust him to do anything but push a cart and steam milk, it loving sucks.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

I love everything about OC except it's price...and I have to move, soon. Where do poor Orange citizens usually migrate to? :/

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Man I can't wait to experience that tropical storm LA got back in July but on a weekly basis. (For reals though it cleared out the garbage and homeless piss where I work down in Silver Lake :allears:)

That was legit amazing. It felt like I was in Kona. My more traveled brother said it felt like a nicer version of Thailand. Both are better than this devil's rear end in a top hat heat.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Zesty Mordant posted:

These last few days have been absolute paradise. I walked in Redwood park today and could not tell where my skin ended and the air began. You pussies complain about this poo poo?

It got to 107 where I was a few days ago. Today? Exactly like your Redwood walk. loving amaziiiing.

Also, I think I found a place in San Diego County area? Go Team Venture? Whole new frontier for me.

FMguru posted:

l m a o
Permanently destroying our aquifers is a small price to pay compared to the importance of growing almonds for export to China.

Oh cool! Super awesome! Yay! God help us

Armani fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Litany Unheard posted:

That sounds like RAISING TAXES on HARDWORKING FAMILY FARMERS.

It seems a lot of problems come to this dead-end. How do we fix -this-?

E: probably has something to do with solving stuff like this, first.

cheese posted:

This is their subconscious mind trying to shield them from realizing that there were viable alternatives to them spending 5 hours a day in a car on a jammed freeway for the last 30 years of their lives. The psychological trauma from fully comprehending that they need not have missed their kids growing up could be devastating.

Armani fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 6, 2015