Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

The Glumslinger posted:

So who is Newsome gonna appoint?

Gonna tell him I often forget what year it is and see if I can get in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

SolarFire2 posted:

Madame senator, this is a morgue.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

fermun posted:

Played a central role in Kamala Harris's 2020 presidential campaign AND was head of AirBnB's PR department? How inspiring!

edit: and advised Uber on avoiding drivers being classified as employees, lmao

lol

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
When a Google employee tried to host an anti caste discrimination speaker, a bunch of the Indian employees absolutely flipped their poo poo about "reverse discrimination" until she was, for all intents and purposes, fired. I'm not surprised he vetoed it.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Hadlock posted:

Can someone explain it to me like I'm five why anyone would be opposed to caste discrimination legislation? Someone in one of the (four?) California threads alluded to Hindus not liking the law but didn't respond when I followed up as to why. Presumably if you're a top caste you want to keep hiring your friends from the same caste and not have to worry about legal repercussions of keeping others out? This isn't a topic I spend a lot of time thinking about except when the law came up for a vote

The stuff I saw about it was largely identical to white people talking about affirmative action. Caste discrimination doesn't exist anymore and actually the lower castes get so much help that it's really the upper castes that are discriminated against, actually.

I also saw some stuff along the lines of castes are part of Hinduism and the only reason "they" are doing this is because of hinduphobia, "they" want to destroy Hinduism, etc

big black turnout fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 9, 2023

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Cursive is a massive waste of school time and resources and you should be embarrassed if you're boomer brained enough to think it isn't. Hopefully that's dropped before my kids are old enough to be affected

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
My 5 year old asked me how to write his name in "scribble language" and it made me think of this thread

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

did y'all not take handwritten notes all through school and college cause i sure did. if nothing else being able to write without lifting a pen is useful for that

I just showed up for tests and played video games or slept in

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

First of May posted:

Schools should teach useful life skills, like how to use a Linux command line.

No if they do this I'll lose my severely overinflated salary

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Trump looked like a moron too but he became president. Newsom is absolutely loving stupid to do this poo poo

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
DSA is a Twitter subculture with a vestigal bankrupt organization comprised of people who would be better served in different organizations like progressive dems, psl, or food not bombs, but people who call them putinists are hilariously stupid

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I have 3 kids and one car :confused:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

jokes posted:

you're the reason american government sucks

lmfao

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Wait, I thought that was a stupid statement but I double checked and...

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

PseudoFaux posted:

Having moved from florida and now voting in california, I'm noticing your elections are a different flavor of political hell than the poo poo we had back home. But y'all still have the same problem of "most/all of your candidates are cozy with the cops"

Why is it so difficult to say no to cops?

Hello fellow Florida transplant :wave:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

PseudoFaux posted:

Hell yeah! Someone else who moved ~3000 miles from their home.

I miss pub subs

Con: no pub sub
Pro: never seen publicly displayed Nazi tattoos in a Safeway unlike Publix

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

yeah

the new alameda county DA and, to a lesser degree, the oakland mayor are currently going through similar nonsense

And speaking of Safeway, there was a table setup outside mine that was I guess collecting recall signatures because it had a handwritten "Recall Pamela Price" sign taped to it, but nobody was there so I didn't get a chance to laugh in their face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I know I'm privileged to make too much money but i would gladly pay a 4-5 time markup to never have to interact with a weed dealer again