Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

BeAuMaN posted:

We could also teach them about Police Interactions. First Lesson: Don't talk to the police.

But if we did that, we wouldn't have enough "volunteer" firefighters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

CPColin posted:

How soon we forget the teachings of SimCity that police helicopters are only good for clicking on to make them crash

Incorrect. You could also play SimCopter in your SimCity map and patrol traffic or medivac folks. SimCopter and Streets of Sim City were amazing.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

America Inc. posted:

I always find myself lost for words when I encounter these people, because all of this seems so obvious to me, and I'm not sure if they're already lost or if there is something I can say that will persuade them. A lot of what they say feels like talking points as well, like somebody told them this poo poo and then they're just repeating it. Can I have a meaningful argument, and what can I say that could change their mind?

Typically not. You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into. And for many folks, they see LGBT people as icky, and that's an emotional reaction, not a considered one. Everything else follows from that emotion and is a backwards justification. The only real way to fix that is to get them to meet good people who are LGBT, and get them to generalize it to all LGBT folks, not just the "good ones" that they personally know.

You see that occasionally with supportive parents who have a child that comes out as LGBT. Granted, you also see parents disowning their children.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Celexi posted:

they did try to build a nuclear power plant in right on top of an earthquake fault once tho

I don't see the problem - if the earth swallows the plant whole, then there's no radiation risk!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

SA Forums Poster posted:

Public Transport: $200
Infrastructure: $100
Police: $300,000
Housing: $150
Public health: $20

someone who is good at economy please tell me why my society is crumbling and I need $400,000/year to live

Spend less on Public Transport, Public Health, and Housing. Arrest more minoritiescriminals (reminder that not having a house is a crime) to save on firefighting costs.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Most of where I work has Kaiser and you’d have to pry it from their cold dead hands. They love it.

Kaiser is quite convenient as an all in one package. I don't have to worry about which doctors take my insurance or any of the other bullshit. I just go through them and my access to treatment has been quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Also worth noting that all of your doctors are in one place in one website, all in network, and all able to prescribe drugs through their system which you can then order on the same website and have them shipped to you or prepared for pickup.

I thankfully don't have any rare conditions that need treating that make things difficult, but I can understand and sympathize if that makes everything more difficult.