Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

we might want to reel it back in to discussing porter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

yeah that sounds a lot like the Veto Haver's people wrote that (under implicit threat to veto it if it wasn't included)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

rkd_ posted:

Franchisors being civilly liable for whatever franchisees are doing sounds wild to me.

why? manipulating the profit motive is the only tool government has for changing the behavior of corporations and business owners. the franchisor profits from the franchisee's fuckery, make em bear the costs of enforcement

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

I don't know why folks are blaming the jungle primary here - a traditional primary system would've resulted in the same two candidates.

yeah. at least with this style slot two doesn't always have to be a hail mary no-win republican

it can potentially be a hail-mary no-win leftist!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i5 doesnt even have a cutesy country-highway name like this, or even a pre-IHS freeway name like the Santa Monica Freeway cause it was just farmland before they plowed a couple straight lines through it

but building hsr is haaaaaard and how are we gonna paaaaaaaay for it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

wait you're telling me fuckin pg&e is in charge of a nuclear reactor? the folks whose aggressive deferring of maintenance has a loving body count?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

thats frightening that the entity that cant operate gas lines or overhead power lines without killing people is running a nuclear reactor

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

will it irradiate me

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

hadlock i know being confidently wrong is your gimmick but its ok to be like nuclear good, pg&e bad

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i've no reason to think they're incompetent, same as i have no reason to think pg&e's linemen and gas...men? are. the linemen cutting work early for some beers with the boys didnt burn down paradise, their hours being cut by leadership did

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

pg&e could rain fission fragments on half of california and sf voters would still vote down a mud if it didn't land on them

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

cops, firefighters, hospital(administrator)s, and mayors aren't the last people i'd trust about how to house people, but they're pretty far down the fuckin list

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Hadlock posted:

Firefighters aren't completely terrible they're at least pretty good at their job, don't pick skulls as their symbol of choice. At worst they're neutral good. I've not met a firefighter I would throw out of my house

every firefighter i've ever met who didn't leave after a few years was a huge chud despite being a unionized government employee. idk how representative that is, as most of the ones I've met have been Cal Fire, but still. Not people I'd look to for anything other than the "hassle them into invisibility" status quo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

we spend so much money maintaining poo poo rear end roads to fast food in the suburbs or w/e , we can have a nice road on the scenic coast idgaf if it falls down sometimes. rebuild it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

hey look these idiots didnt build their road on graded lowland earth between tract housing and a strip mall, freakin idiotes

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_action#By_country

For the period from 1996 to 2000, the ten countries with the most strike action (measured by average number of days not worked for every 1000 employees) were as follows:

those are capitalist countries

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Rust Martialis posted:

Go make a list of non-capitalist countries and get back to us

there are none

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

in real life a billionaire vigilante would just murder suicide a series a meeting

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if it proves anything, musk's comedy of errors buying twitter is proof you can never have so much money that you can't blow it on stupid bullshit. how much money is "enough" depends entirely on someone's taste for stupid bullshit

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

of course not, he wouldn't have been charged if it was intentional, he sure as poo poo isn't going to be charged for reckless negligence

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

in sf i could choose kaiser or ucsf. i may be mentally ill, but i'm not stupid, so i chose ucsf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Bald Stalin posted:

It's fine until you have something a bit rarer.

yeah. i kid about kaiser but most of their bad reputation comes from years and years ago when they were much more mba-brained and less medicine-led. the only recent gripes i've heard from anyone have all been like you describe, getting a huge lumbering bureaucracy to deal with outside-the-bell-curve stuff.

one thing they do that i have always been jealous of is their hospitals actually have dispensing pharmacies. when you're a kaiser patient and get seen in a kaiser er, new prescriptions get filled before you leave. i'm with sutter now and i had to drive for three hours to san rafael once to get a scrip filled on a friday evening, with the only alternative being "wait three days". for pain meds for a corneal abrasion.