Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

ProperGanderPusher posted:

My mother insists that all of Oakland is a dangerous hellhole to this day and freaks out when I talk about moving there.

As an Oakland resident, any time someone says "Oh but isn't it dangerous?" I just say yes because we don't want those people anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

What exactly can students do that will change anything?

Take a building and occupy it, 60's style?

They tried this at UCB a few years ago. After most of a week of occupation, the cops bust in at 5 AM one morning and arrested a bunch of people (including my roommate at the time).

Edit: This was different than the Wheeler Hall occupation but I'm having trouble finding any news stories on it, I think it was Dwinelle.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 4, 2015