Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I have it on somewhat good authority that the money-saving aspect of it is a bit misleading since Texas has a rather high sales tax, hence why so many techies demand huge raises before they agree to move (on top of places like Houston being suckfests in general). Is that basically accurate?

As someone who moved from Ventura to Houston, I can tell you that your somewhat good authority is not such a good authority. It is vastly cheaper to live in Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

The idea of SF seizing the infrastructure for a fair price makes me hope we can one day do the same for telecom infrastructure.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

I have a feeling if it was an association of white deputies it wouldn't have been noticed.

Still, it only became a problem when they attacked another Deputy.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

this is correct, classic

Sydin posted:

the best burrito is meat [carne asada], [spanish/mexican] rice, [refried] beans, onion, cilantro, wrapped in a warmed flour tortilla. Pico and salsa to taste,

Burritos are like pizza in that you can do crazy poo poo in it and on it and it's still going to be better than not having a burrito or a pizza. If someone offers me a sweet bbq pulled pork burrito I might give them the Spock eyebrow, but I'd take it.