Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobo de los Muertos
Aug 18, 2006
I was selected for advancement to first class with a 5% quota... The tears are absolutely flowing at my command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Congrats! What's your rating?

Hobo de los Muertos
Aug 18, 2006
I am a CTI.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
My brother's streak at not advancing to IT2 continues.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

I am going to guess that 66% of STG2s advanced, 1 STG3 advanced, and 1 STGSN advanced.

I'm pretty sure no one in my unit advanced so there will be some sad faces come next weekend.

That is correct.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
Saw my sheet, missed IT2 by 5 points with a god damned P eval. 95th% on the exam. god drat it. . .

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Hobo de los Muertos posted:

I was selected for advancement to first class with a 5% quota... The tears are absolutely flowing at my command.

must be nice to have that EP and time in rate since the cold war. and maybe a hand full of gundecked NAMs

We had a 1st make it last cycle, originally missed it by 1 point. command magically found him a back dated FLOC so he could make it

Arione fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 25, 2014

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

Arione posted:

Saw my sheet, missed IT2 by 5 points with a god damned P eval. 95th% on the exam. god drat it. . .

I missed MMN2 off of my 2nd test ever by 10 points (with a P), then made it on my 3rd test (with a P). Got a whole lotta glares from the khaki for not being a real nuke MM and making 2nd Class off of a STAR. Word on the street is that I became some sort of folk hero.

e: I don't remember how much I missed it on the first one because that poo poo happened like a month after A school.

Noeland fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 25, 2014

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Noeland posted:

I missed MMN2 off of my 2nd test ever by 10 points (with a P), then made it on my 3rd test (with a P). Got a whole lotta glares from the khaki for not being a real nuke MM and making 2nd Class off of a STAR. Word on the street is that I became some sort of folk hero.

e: I don't remember how much I missed it on the first one because that poo poo happened like a month after A school.

I was in the 95th percentile, there weren't 5 more points for me to make. My command doesnt usually hand out gundeck NAM's unless you blow the chain. I'll leave with an EoT Nam maybe. only thing to save me is either 1. I quit being an rear end in a top hat and get an MP, 2. Higher quota, 3. TiR and PNA

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Arione posted:

I was in the 95th percentile, there weren't 5 more points for me to make. My command doesnt usually hand out gundeck NAM's unless you blow the chain. I'll leave with an EoT Nam maybe. only thing to save me is either 1. I quit being an rear end in a top hat and get an MP, 2. Higher quota, 3. TiR and PNA

Keep in mind that the value of TiR is being reduced significantly with the new multiple calculations, and the value of high test scores for E-4/E-5 or high evals for E-6/7 is being increased. Also, PNA points will only be given out for top 25% of test scores or evals.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Octopode posted:

Keep in mind that the value of TiR is being reduced significantly with the new multiple calculations, and the value of high test scores for E-4/E-5 or high evals for E-6/7 is being increased. Also, PNA points will only be given out for top 25% of test scores or evals.

true, but EP drops to 60 points, MP to 48 and P to 30, its just changing what hand we get jerked off with. Remember how "PTS was dead" then out came C-Way

shin01176
Dec 23, 2013

All Hail Bob Saget.

Arione posted:

true, but EP drops to 60 points, MP to 48 and P to 30, its just changing what hand we get jerked off with. Remember how "PTS was dead" then out came C-Way

Ah yes C-Way... the same bullshit that is still promoting our hosed up eval system where someone can snag an EP and then stagnate and get surpassed by multiple others in the command and yet he can be guaranteed to retain that EP for rest of the time at the command just so he can still get C-Way approved.

They are taking away my good cookies, they already changed the test to retard level theory (why the gently caress do I have to know AT-I level calculations and CASS test equipment internals/theory as an AT-O), lowering the amount actual test is worth (one area I do good) and making evals more important when the system is hosed.

I can look forward to never getting full PNA points again under the new system thanks to my PP from poo poo timing and being at a massive disadvantage out the door.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

shin01176 posted:

CASS test equipment

They actually put CASS questions on the test now?

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Arione posted:

My first exam for YN3 resulted in PNA'ing it. 99th Percentile. Promotable Eval. Missed the cut-off by .24; that's less than a quarter of a point.

Next exam I scored a perfect 80 and frocked it. My Eval was still a 3 in Professional Knowledge.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Which one of you is this?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Stultus Maximus posted:

wait till he hits puberty.
then it'll be all..

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Why would you want someone who fights like a fascist? They always lose???

Also OKComrade's facebook page is pretty much a cornucopia of crazy, thanks for the tip

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Stultus Maximus posted:

That sure is a roundabout way of saying "I'm a douchebag."

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
knee deep in a river of pussy

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Did worse on this test. A 67 rather than a 72. Still missed it by the same ten points. Go go quotas dropping!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Does anyone have that resume some black navy officer chick sent to her gaining command? It was like some wack powerpoint with misspellings and stuff.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Does anyone have that resume some black navy officer chick sent to her gaining command? It was like some wack powerpoint with misspellings and stuff.

BY THE POWER OF GOOGLE

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-funnies.html

BovineAdapter
Jan 5, 2007
Dr3 Noodle

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I had that on my UNCLASS at one point. Let me check my archives and see if I forwarded to myself at home.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

knee deep in a river of pussy

Dude is totally a sex haver.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Thanks! Someone I'm friends with on facebook posted a picture of their sister in uniform and I guess I'm just racist cause I thought they were the same person. Either way, good for a laugh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Snowdens Secret posted:

Why would you want someone who fights like a fascist? They always lose???

Also OKComrade's facebook page is pretty much a cornucopia of crazy, thanks for the tip

Wife beaters like easy targets.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Wife beaters like easy targets.

Well he wants someone who 'fucks like an anarchist' and anarchists just want to lie there and have other people do all the work, so

DinosaurWarfare
Apr 27, 2010
It's looking like I could be ELECTRO on USS nextship.
Does anybody know what this entails?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That was my last job. You're divo for the EMs onboard. In addition to that, you will also be in charge of the ship's electrical safety program. It's not a terribly difficult job, but you will own a shitload of stuff and have only a handful of people to take care of it all. If you're there through an INSURV, be prepared to get an intimate understanding of every fuse box, breaker box, etc. on the ship. I may still have some old excel files I made for tracking that stuff laying around.

Depending on how the ship is laid out division wise, and whether you have gas turbines at all, you may have the GSEs work for you as well. That will mean you've got the generators as well as the electrical system under your purview. You'd probably oversee the calibration work as well.

If you're going to a nuclear ship, disregard everything I've said because I was just a conventional SWO.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

That was my last job. You're divo for the EMs onboard. In addition to that, you will also be in charge of the ship's electrical safety program. It's not a terribly difficult job, but you will own a shitload of stuff and have only a handful of people to take care of it all. If you're there through an INSURV, be prepared to get an intimate understanding of every fuse box, breaker box, etc. on the ship. I may still have some old excel files I made for tracking that stuff laying around.

Depending on how the ship is laid out division wise, and whether you have gas turbines at all, you may have the GSEs work for you as well. That will mean you've got the generators as well as the electrical system under your purview. You'd probably oversee the calibration work as well.

If you're going to a nuclear ship, disregard everything I've said because I was just a conventional SWO.

Stop lying to yourself. All the longtime posters in Gip know your last Navy job was deskside, routing paperwork & being fleeced for $1400 worth of non-returnable t-shirts, while waiting for your medboard discharge to process.

:chiefsay:
Then again, this is the US Navy. Your 3 yr old job knowledge and the SWO "eat-your-young" mentality probably means nothing has actually been updated for that ELECTRO posting, and your knowledge is vital tool for new SWO's.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tuluk posted:

Stop lying to yourself. All the longtime posters in Gip know your last Navy job was deskside, routing paperwork & being fleeced for $1400 worth of non-returnable t-shirts, while waiting for your medboard discharge to process.

Stop sham-shaming, not all of us could get shot by a canon loaded with nuclear grape shot or whatever it was that got you the purple cross of bullshit disability claims

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Stop sham-shaming, not all of us could get shot by a canon loaded with nuclear grape shot or whatever it was that got you the purple cross of bullshit disability claims

lol I'm not up on my GiP roster. What's the story with this?

Hobo de los Muertos
Aug 18, 2006

If you would like the more complete experience, you need only search for LT Ethel Raspberry S. Bradley.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

lol I'm not up on my GiP roster. What's the story with this?

I have had two inguinal hernia surgeries. One of them built up a shitload of scar tissue around it. This is pretty common, apparently. I have a nerve dead ended in that scar tissue. I stretched the scar tissue, nerve sent the signal that there is a tear, so I've felt like I ripped open a hernia for two years twenty-one days and counting. I found out recently from the surgeon that performed the original repair that if the surgeon at Tripler that diagnosed it had actually done surgery to move the nerve or kill it, I'd most likely be fine. Since he didn't, I've got the neural pathway built up and the pain isn't going anywhere. I got rated at 20% for it, given severance, and sent on my way.

tuluk posted:

Then again, this is the US Navy. Your 3 yr old job knowledge and the SWO "eat-your-young" mentality probably means nothing has actually been updated for that ELECTRO posting, and your knowledge is vital tool for new SWO's.

Hey now, it was only $1000! Either way, they were instituting the 2nd tour electro while I was finishing my first tour electro job. I think the biggest difference now is he gets a school first and he might get dumped with the GSEs as well.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 28, 2014

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have had two inguinal hernia surgeries. One of them built up a shitload of scar tissue around it. This is pretty common, apparently. I have a nerve dead ended in that scar tissue. I stretched the scar tissue, nerve sent the signal that there is a tear, so I've felt like I ripped open a hernia for two years twenty-one days and counting. I found out recently from the surgeon that performed the original repair that if the surgeon at Tripler that diagnosed it had actually done surgery to move the nerve or kill it, I'd most likely be fine. Since he didn't, I've got the neural pathway built up and the pain isn't going anywhere. I got rated at 20% for it, given severance, and sent on my way.

No, I knew what happened to you. I was asking about that tuluk guy Booblord was talking poo poo to.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ManMythLegend posted:

No, I knew what happened to you. I was asking about that tuluk guy Booblord was talking poo poo to.

He was referring to me, saying Tulak was sham-shaming me.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was referring to me, saying Tulak was sham-shaming me.

Nope, I was making fun of Tuluk. I would never besmirch ball pain, I have proctalgia fugax so my prostate is squeezed by rectal muscle spasms and it feels like my taint is at war with me. You and I are down stairs bros

I thought tulak was the guy who was hit by lightening, shot and some other poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Well, guess I'm just an rear end in a top hat!

And I thought it was someone else who said they got struck by lightening. I dunno.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Nope, I was making fun of Tuluk. I would never besmirch ball pain, I have proctalgia fugax so my prostate is squeezed by rectal muscle spasms and it feels like my taint is at war with me. You and I are down stairs bros

I thought tulak was the guy who was hit by lightening, shot and some other poo poo

nah you're thinking of genocidal something.
i started questioning the insane amount of accidents genocidal claims to have had, then mentioned one bad accident I had.
I'm just a jackass who got out of the marines 13 yrs ago, but doesn't post 50FA level stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

tuluk posted:

nah you're thinking of genocidal something.
i started questioning the insane amount of accidents genocidal claims to have had, then mentioned one bad accident I had.
I'm just a jackass who got out of the marines 13 yrs ago, but doesn't post 50FA level stories.

Sorry dude, I'm a dude who got out of the Marines 8 years ago and only has stories about loving off on Air Force installations, so if anything we should be buds.

Navy Thread continues to be the chillest service thread.

• Locked thread