Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I hope they start another war so that the reservists can return to active duty.

I've had my fingers crossed that the Argentinians will trigger NATO action somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

All the non-prior active duty reservists want nothing more than to be active and deploy whereas the prior want nothing more than cheap insurance and beer money.

The occasional summer vacation in Naples or such is pretty nice too.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

The navy really hates when people hack into their servers, especially if you're serving on their aircraft carrier.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...wpsrc=AG0003336
http://hamptonroads.com/2014/05/extruman-sailor-charged-massive-hacking-case

What a little shithead. "Oh, I want to be just like Bradley Manning!"

quote:

Team Digi7al (pronounced "digital")

quote:

Knight called himself the "nuclear black hat" and used aliases and nicknames such as Inertia, Logic, nickmc01, Solo and Iner7ia.

The Navy should be deeply embarrassed that a douchenozzle like this was able to hack their poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Christoff posted:

Anything is better than the awful yellow shirt/Despicable Me minion outfit. The shorts are cool when you cut out the lining but gently caress that shirt. Terrible fitting, too. It's alright at least a blue undershirt w/navy shorts is the unauthorized unofficial PT uniform

The shorts material is pretty bad and they don't hold up well in the laundry. I bought a size small in order to make everyone pay twice a year for requiring such a poo poo uniform.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Christoff posted:

The New Balance ones are pretty alright. Have you tried those ones out? They're like $5-10 more? You'll probably need a size up though.

I think you're missing the point.

Christoff posted:

Yes but they are ridiculous what with the moose knuckle and all which is why people only wear them in public to be funny. Amazing, though.

Yes, that. A 6'2" guy walking around in short PT shorts with the moose knuckle and all is awesomely terrible and I love doing it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Christoff posted:

People actually fail the PRT run? I thought they just failed the weight

Most of the people I've seen fail the run were females.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Howard Phillips posted:

That's great. What's the typical weekend drill like? Hang out at NOSC and do random admin for the unit?

Depends on the unit. If your goal is to do as little as possible while making some extra cash and keeping ultra-cheap health insurance (Tricare Reserve is like $50 a month) look for a Korea Det. It involves hanging out at NOSC and doing GMT and crosswords, then flying out to Korea once a year for Ulchi-Freedom Guardian.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

"more disciplined and professional" is for chumps. Why join the Navy if you're not going to be a little drunk and disorderly for cultural reasons?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Still floating.

Except the subs.

And probably not the LCS.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

We were luckily using aramid lines so there was no snapback. Someone would have probably got hurt if we were using nylon or polypropylene.

Only if they hadn't seen the synthetic line snapback video.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Which one of you is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Octopode posted:

Boring and unrelated to sexhaving, but PsychO? Do carriers really have enough mental problems that they need a dedicated medical officer to handle them?

A carrier strike group is twice the size of an Army brigade and is a self-contained deployable unit so yes.

• Locked thread