Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

They have some weird colored flags that fly out on some ship mast looking thing with weird colors going along. All I know about them is we can't fly the ensign lower than them if we're at half mast.

So my friend's fiance just got told in boot camp that he's going to be an MM Nuke, when will he find out how lovely his life is? She's asking me questions like I know the answer.

Your friend's soon to be cheating ex fiancé? If he's in bootcamp the lovely life started already. And you don't get "told in bootcamp" that you're going in as a nuke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

Only trust Glenn Beck for your news.

So no Bill O'Reilly then? Asking for a friend.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I don't have any coffee. Post your condolences now.

I'm sorry you have allowed your life to get this bad.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

SketchesOfSpain01 posted:

I also plan to reenlist. :frogout:

I just did that, but it's so I can :frogout: with a pension in two years and 15 days. Mmmm, boy this coffee is delish.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

I've been praying for a deployment with the Marines forever, but even reservists would get deployed before me :smith:

I hope you get deployed, Panda.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

So I was walking to one of the ships here in Yokosuka yesterday, minding my own business for the most part when I noticed something odd about a car next to me. I know that this belongs to one of you. Also, the numbers on the plate seem to be related somehow.

Okay, 7th Fleet goons. Who did this? Brilliant, but Seqenenra doesn't drive a March.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

nacirema posted:

I just finished basic, and now on route to San Antonio for corp school. My god boot camp was boring

Mi Tierra and Taco Cabana. Mmmmm. You're gonna love the Navy if Boot was boring.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mad Dragon posted:

The old school shirts had blue collars and sleeves. I can't find any pics online and I think I threw mine away years ago, so you'll just have to imagine how gay they looked.

'Sup fellow oldster. Those shirts were amazing. The silkies, though? I am SO glad they're gone.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Weren't silkies the amazing, bestowed by an angel from heaven shorts that would save everyone from uncomfortable chaffing or whatever?

These. They looked like granny panties on fat girls and didn't chafe because they weren't long enough. They went with the ringer tees. I wish I could find a pic of that tee shirt. I want one so bad.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

DustyNuts posted:

This is probably boring and stupid to post, but a dude uploaded this local news clip of my ship from 2002. It's awesome to watch it and see how they bullshitted the media into thinking they actually filled out the messline nutrition placards or fancied the food up in any way. The food was garbage, and the PT program was an absolute joke. My mind has basically exploded with nostalgia watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E_rA5nl1KA

I do not like Esther. I do, however miss my DD.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

I hope you made it panda, GL! <3 <3 <3

It's 5am, so it's time for a drink.

It's 7 PM here. Good timing. Also, we had our annual SARP training today so now I know what everyone is looking for to judge my alcoholism.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

http://jorules.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/the-kinder-gentler-navy-fallacy/

Well written. Must be one of them English majors.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Laranzu posted:

He somehow concluded after all that analysis that we are super well trained and better off.

Lol

Do you think our uncles and grandfathers could spout alcohol and sex assault statistics as well as we can? :colbert: Yeah. That's training.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

vulturesrow posted:

the fact that it was from a JO blog should've been the tipper.

Ding ding ding.

But seriously, which parts are incorrect? I saw it as mostly opinion, but I'm curious.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

That's sexual harrassment, shipmate. :colbert:

Not those cheeks. Sheesh.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Ryand-Smith posted:

So being in shipyard makes me feel like I'm not in the real Navy sometimes. I qualify 'watches' that aren't complete, take tests, play tour guide for NR, and wonder what other date will slip, and joke that I will leave the navy with 0 sea time (less than Ket!). At least I get to be a plankholder?

Anyone else in here a precom/yard guy?

Plankowner. I work in the shipyards at a maintenance facility. I am not a guy.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Cerekk posted:

Looks like about 60% advancement over my 5 divisions. Sonar techs dragging down the average again.

66% for STG1s here. And a 2 and a 3. Pretty good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

I am going to guess that 66% of STG2s advanced, 1 STG3 advanced, and 1 STGSN advanced.

I'm pretty sure no one in my unit advanced so there will be some sad faces come next weekend.

That is correct.

• Locked thread