Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

have you ever interacted with people before

The fact that you keep discussing this on the internet leads me to believe you suffer from a severe case of OCD and a bit of the 'tism. I prescribe that you smoke a fat doobie and chillax, homie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I should be studying for a provincial exam on Wednesday to be fully qualified for the job I was hired to do, and the job in question has a strict no drug policy, but I'm currently enjoying the nice Saturday weather with a bag of the finest volcano vaped medical marijuana.

gently caress bitches. Get money. Smoke weed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ehud posted:

Pfft, only a severe mental illness could cause a 23 year old to be short sighted and potentially throw away his future by doing drugs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The car was searched because there was two black dudes in it.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Ehud posted:

You're mean.

I'm just trying to say could be something else rather than dude loves weed.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The officer said he smelled weed.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

That's a police officer's Golden Ticket.

The history of the Cleveland Browns is sadder than an expired box of condoms

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah it's the worst he said vs his true intention so don't do it.

Unless it's freezer packed and he has no way to smell it and they win on a lengthy appeal. Just don't carry weed in your car

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

It isn't uncommon for highway cops to check and see if you're a drug trafficker? Really? Funny, that. My mom has gotten pulled over for speeding dozens of times and she never got searched for drugs. (Maybe not dozens of times, but she drives like a mad woman) in fact, I've never seen a car on the side of the road with a middle aged woman sitting there in handcuffs while the Chippies tear the vehicle apart. I've never seen them do it to a family either, and personally I think that's a great way to smuggle drugs because no one checks families like that. In fact, it seems like the only time it is common for an officer to toss a car is when it is a youth, usually a minority.

Let's not try and pretend that searching a car without probable cause is something that happens to the average American.

P.s. Obviously if they reeked of weed or some poo poo this all goes out the window. But if their only crime was speeding then I'd really love to know what the thought process behind a drug search was.

This man gets it.

If you're driving a nice rear end car with big rims wearing a flat billed hat, you're gonna raise red flags regardless of your race. Obviously there's stereotypes against black people, but there's stereotypes against all kinds of people as "trouble" and they're going to be the ones who cops raise their eyebrows at. And yeah, no one checks families like that, but are you going to load up your family in the car with 100 pounds of bud in the trunk? The likelihood of getting caught may be lower, but if you get caught, your kids and poo poo are all mixed up in it and you're a goddamn shitstain of a human being, so it's not a loophole that's gonna really get exploited.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also the officer asked if anyone had any and the dude admitted to it soooo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/07/driving-while-black/307625/

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

In This Instance maybe they got what they were looking for. But you get drunk and throw enough darts at a dart board and eventually one of them is bound to strike a black man.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Maybe the police officer is one of the zillions of Browns fans in Northeast Ohio and knew there was a good chance Josh Gordon had weed in the car because that's what Josh Gordon does.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Text from: Richie Incognito posted:

But you get drunk and throw enough darts at a dart board and eventually one of them is bound to strike a black man.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

MonsterWalk posted:

Text from: Richie Incognito posted:

But you get drunk and throw enough darts at a dart board and eventually one of them is bound to strike a blackBrowns man.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Volkerball posted:

If you're driving a nice rear end car with big rims wearing a flat billed hat, you're gonna raise red flags regardless of your race. Obviously there's stereotypes against black people, but there's stereotypes against all kinds of people as "trouble" and they're going to be the ones who cops raise their eyebrows at. And yeah, no one checks families like that, but are you going to load up your family in the car with 100 pounds of bud in the trunk? The likelihood of getting caught may be lower, but if you get caught, your kids and poo poo are all mixed up in it and you're a goddamn shitstain of a human being, so it's not a loophole that's gonna really get exploited.

Eh not really that could also describe a middle class yuppy.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh not really that could also describe a middle class yuppy.

so drug dealers

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Volkerball posted:

so drug dealers

Pharmacists, man. And fuckin doctors. That's why the world has no creativity no more man it's stolen from you with professionally prescribed medication

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Does posting on this forum make us the jocks of SA? And if not, why not?

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also the officer asked if anyone had any and the dude admitted to it soooo

The point is the cop shouldn't be allowed to ask during a routine pullover. They can legally because talking to cops is seen as "voluntary", but it's lovely because most people get nervous (innocent people included) around cops and don't know their rights. Here's a good article explaining why those voluntary questions are pretty much bullshit. The article is about stop and frisk, but the same principles apply to those questions during a traffic stop that have nothing to do with the traffic violation.

Just write the ticket and then get the gently caress out of people's faces.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

sweet thursday posted:

Does posting on this forum make us the jocks of SA? And if not, why not?

Gun and Car forums. This forum is for exceptionally nerdy sports fans.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Yo bro, you know how to play football?"
"Theoretically"

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

One of those guys from the footy subforum gave me a swirlie at lunch

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Gun and Car forums. This forum is for exceptionally nerdy sports fans.

Bullshit. Half the guys in TFF are either in CA or TFR also. This means we are jocks and also able to bully anyone else on the forums at will. Except the FYAD guys who are all little Dylan Klebold clones that I wouldn't mess with.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was an Army Ranger and Shine still shoved me into a locker.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Bullshit. Half the guys in TFF are either in CA or TFR also. This means we are jocks and also able to bully anyone else on the forums at will. Except the FYAD guys who are all little Dylan Klebold clones that I wouldn't mess with.

Junior off the classic movie Problem Child

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

I was an Army Ranger and Shine still shoved me into a locker.

Getting one from your girl scout troop doesn't actually make you a Green Beret.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's a tan beret nerd

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I was an operator

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

It's a tan beret nerd

You got me. :smith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

I was an operator

Delta SEAL or "please hold for Mr. Thomas?"

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Where's that thread where GiP outs some dude who was faking being some special forces marine, that was funny.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Aren't archives still dead anyway?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Lowtax tweeted that they should be fixed sometime next week https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/472602596285247488

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Well yes, it's a day of the week that ends in Y.

But that's not necessary because it's still in the active goldmine and it owns. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551832

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Volkerball posted:

Delta SEAL or "please hold for Mr. Thomas?"

Remember the part from Black hawk Down where Eric Bana flexes his finger and says "this is my safety, cap"? Those were my protocols

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pron on VHS posted:

Remember the part from Black hawk Down where Eric Bana flexes his finger and says "this is my safety, cap"? Those were my protocols

That's high speed as gently caress man.

Equally as funny as that dude getting outed as a fake was the ensuing goon rush to be the next one to expose comedy gold. There was some dude working in maritime security who made an A/T thread a few weeks later, and instantly got bombarded with dudes like "AHA! He said he's former, but all the real special ops mans say ex!" and dumb poo poo like that. I got kicked out of Ranger bat a few months after I graduated RIP, and it was years ago, so I don't really ever have anything to say that would bring a bunch of attention my way, but it's funny how goons demand proof from some people like they should somehow be eager to show credentials over skype or some poo poo to validate their e-reputation.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The officer said he smelled weed.
I don't always buy this. I once had a patient who'd been assaulted with a pipe, and I was still smelling his blood the next day. Some smells just get stuck in your nose hairs sometimes.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
When an officer asks if you were smoking weed just respond with "Not today"

It works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doppelganger posted:

I don't always buy this. I once had a patient who'd been assaulted with a pipe, and I was still smelling his blood the next day. Some smells just get stuck in your nose hairs sometimes.

And sometimes cops say "I smell weed" to create probable cause whether they smell it or not

• Locked thread