Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'd be a lot happier knowing that Locker is gone if I thought this franchise was above drafting Taj Boyd.

Oh God, am I going to be the one stuck rooting for a team with a guy named "Bortles" taking snaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Probably Magic posted:

I'd be a lot happier knowing that Locker is gone if I thought this franchise was above drafting Taj Boyd.

Oh God, am I going to be the one stuck rooting for a team with a guy named "Bortles" taking snaps?

Just pretend he's some sort of pokemon who can only say his own name.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

I think Jake Locker can still be a second tier QB in the league. He just has to stop getting hurt. I can see why the Titans are moving on from him since he had a ridiculous contract, but who doesn't these days. I hope he sees success on another team if he doesn't re-sign with a more team friendly deal.

Yeah, he has a journeyman vibe about him at this point. I could see him laying low as a back-up for a few years then coming back as a mediocre starter bouncing around the league to teams with question marks at QB.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He's really really bad, please do not pretend like he can David Carr around for the rest of his career.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Harlock posted:

I think Jake Locker can still be a second tier QB in the league. He just has to stop getting hurt. I can see why the Titans are moving on from him since he had a ridiculous contract, but who doesn't these days. I hope he sees success on another team if he doesn't re-sign with a more team friendly deal.

Guys that were drafted in 2011 don't have silly contracts like in previous drafts. They aren't picking up his option because he sucks and gets hurt a lot.

EDIT: If anything David Carr was in the league for so long because that guy can take a goddamned beating and come out practically unhurt.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I really wonder if the post-2011 draft guys are going to get slightly larger contracts the second time around.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
David Carr was given an extremely long leash due to the situation of the Texans franchise and the money devoted to him. The reason he stuck around for forever was because he's a backup QB. Carr wasn't an exceptionally good prospect to begin with.

Locker will stick around for quite some time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I don't know how I missed this, but drat. Sport Science had Richard Sherman on. In this video he rides a Sherman tank while wearing a camo uniform, runs a faux-military obstacle course, and berates the Sports Science dude R. Lee Ermey style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR5ge7Vk4dw

I need a new avatar of him riding that tank.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jake Locker should have played baseball.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

David Carr was given an extremely long leash due to the situation of the Texans franchise and the money devoted to him. The reason he stuck around for forever was because he's a backup QB. Carr wasn't an exceptionally good prospect to begin with.

Carr was absolutely a good prospect coming out of college. Ideal size, big arm, good footwork, quick release. Unfortunately he proved difficult to coach because he listened to his dad first and the team coaches second, and having no offensive line put the fear of god into him

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
This is the list of second day legends reading draft picks:

Arizona Cardinals, Aeneas Williams (CB)**
Atlanta Falcons, Claude Humphrey (DE)**
Baltimore Ravens, Michael McCrary (DE)
Buffalo Bills, Andre Reed (WR)**
Carolina Panthers, Mark Carrier (WR)
Chicago Bears, Mike Singletary (LB)
Cincinnati Bengals, Ken Riley (CB)
Cleveland Browns, Eric Metcalf (WR)
Dallas Cowboys, Dat Nguyen (LB)
Denver Broncos, Gene Mingo (HB)
Detroit Lions, Herman Moore (WR)
Green Bay Packers, James Lofton (WR)
Houston Texans, Chester Pitts (G)
Indianapolis Colts, Marvin Harrison (WR)
Jacksonville Jaguars, Brad Meester (C)
Kansas City Chiefs, Curley Culp (DT)
Miami Dolphins, Larry Little (G)
Minnesota Vikings, Joey Browner (S)
New England Patriots, Willie McGinest (DE-LB)
New Orleans Saints, Morten Andersen (K)
New York Giants, Harry Carson (LB)
New York Jets, Chad Pennington (QB)
Oakland Raiders, Willie Brown (CB)
Philadelphia Eagles, Mike Quick (WR)
Pittsburgh Steelers, Terry Hanratty (QB)
St. Louis Rams, Kevin Carter (DE)
San Diego Chargers, Jamal Williams (DT)
San Francisco 49ers, Dennis Brown (DE)
Seattle Seahawks, Walter Jones (OT)**
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Derrick Brooks (LB)**
Tennessee Titans, Kevin Dyson (WR)
Washington Redskins, London Fletcher (LB)

Hall of Famers are listed in bold and the class of 2014 is indicated by **. The Kansas City Chiefs, marked with a *, do not have a second-round selection, barring a trade into Round 2. Curley Culp will announce their Round 3 pick.

(copied from NFL.com)

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 1, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vince Young - 1 year - Browns

hook em ya'll

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

New York Jets, Chad Pennington (QB)

Owns.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

quote:

Tyler Thigpen - QB - Browns

Browns agreed to terms with QB Tyler Thigpen.
SMOKESCREENS

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Atticus Finch posted:

Cleveland Browns, Eric Metcalf (WR)

Who in the tepid unenthusiastic gently caress thinks eric metcalf is a wide receiver

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Vince Young - 1 year - Browns

hook em ya'll

God is good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chester Pitts is the Texans "legend" :laugh:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Steelers get Guy Who Backed Up Terry Bradshawn And Then Backed Up Steve Spurrier.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Intruder posted:

Chester Pitts is the Texans "legend" :laugh:

The Panthers got a guy who isn't even the first football player who comes up in a google search for Mark Carrier.

Is Mike Rucker really busy or something?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Chiefs: Still making players look worse than the rest of the league, even well after their careers end.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Surely Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen will push Hoyer to transform into the all-pro player we all know him to be!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I'm really happy that Tyler Thigpen is in NFL again.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Sounds like we should just do it the same time as last year then.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

shiksa posted:

The Panthers got a guy who isn't even the first football player who comes up in a google search for Mark Carrier.

Is Mike Rucker really busy or something?

Rae Carruth isn't available on work release yet.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Someone calculate the odds on who's getting the phone call after the Browns draft JFF. I'd bet on Thigpen.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dat owns, miss that guy :unsmith:

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Chichevache posted:

I don't know how I missed this, but drat. Sport Science had Richard Sherman on. In this video he rides a Sherman tank while wearing a camo uniform, runs a faux-military obstacle course, and berates the Sports Science dude R. Lee Ermey style.

Sherman coaching is the best. "Come on, You lookin like a little baby giraffe..."

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rap posted:

Who in the tepid unenthusiastic gently caress thinks eric metcalf is a wide receiver

KR/PR isn't allowed as an official position.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Locker ain't that bad. I'd be more worried about his health than anything.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I may be a bit biased though because this game against the Lions 2 years ago loving owned.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320923010

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

IcePhoenix posted:

KR/PR isn't allowed as an official position.

"Metcalf up the middle" was the nightmare chant of the mid-90s Browns

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Volkerball posted:

I may be a bit biased though because this game against the Lions 2 years ago loving owned.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320923010

So began one of the most atrocious stretches of special teams play in NFL history.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dattserberg posted:

So began one of the most atrocious stretches of special teams play in NFL history.

Was it the Thanksgiving game when the returner took a knee at the four-yard line? Because that stretch peaked at that point.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I don't think Bridge is dropping past the Raiders.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
I don't know what was more "Schwartz", the last half of the 2013 season or the entire 2012 season. Goddamn were they an undisciplined mess. Thankfully now we have a non-hothead coach who won't discipline.

e:

Sweeney Tom posted:

Was it the Thanksgiving game when the returner took a knee at the four-yard line? Because that stretch peaked at that point.

Same season, different period. The game you're referring to was I believe week 16 against Atlanta. What I was talking about was when they had consecutive games where they gave up both a kick return and a punt return for touchdowns.

e2: Holy poo poo, apparently 2012 was the year of the big play against Detroit. Just from a quick glance of their Wiki page of that year, the defense gave up touchdowns of: 71, 61, 70, 77, 81, 42, 41, 44, 40, 60 yards. They also surrendered 10 return touchdowns either on special teams or an offensive turnover.

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 1, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The ~50 YEARS OF THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME~ in the background makes that picture perfect.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Chichevache posted:

This just made my day.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The wide eyes are killing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Hey now, don't forget about KVB's snarling on the far right.

• Locked thread