Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

I have a bunch of Pink Floyd waiting for my next road trip. I've got Pulse, Gilmour's solo effort, WYWH and Animals lined up. That should get me through a five hour road trip quite nicely.

Nice. I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall a while back. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

There isn't really one thing I listen to when I drive; I'll listen to whatever my iPod comes up with...could be The Black Keys, could be The Heavy, could be The XX...could be Scooter (which is surprisingly appropriate for driving my douchebag-mobile E46 :haw:). Pink Floyd is pretty good drivig music, especially if you're driving at night, as is Kraftwerk.

I also listen to the Red Sox on MLB Gameday Audio if they're on, but that often just makes me angry.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If you like 80s synth, give Com Truise a listen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjCxV7u8OA

Also, this is me irl:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CharlesM posted:

Nice. I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall a while back. Good times.

I saw him on tour in 2012. Few things in my life will ever top that experience.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Liquid Communism posted:

I used to rock a lot of Dropkick Murphys while driving.

That led to a lot of getting pulled over.

Are Dropkick Murphys a thing? My brother-in-law is friends with them and has them over to play for his house parties and stuff, but I've never paid them any attention.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

meatpimp posted:

Are Dropkick Murphys a thing? My brother-in-law is friends with them and has them over to play for his house parties and stuff, but I've never paid them any attention.

Dropkick Murphys are pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzF0hHb7xMc

I tend to listen to podcasts when driving to work, on trips my current go to is Gloryhammer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlhQZFTvAn4

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

meatpimp posted:

They are definitely a thing. I catch them live whenever I get a chance, and they're a ton of fun to get shitfaced and bounce around a crowd to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQfGTDyjVSE

Used to be my favorite to prep to back when I was cooking.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

I saw him on tour in 2012. Few things in my life will ever top that experience.

Yeah! I guess it was 2 years ago already. Dang, time flies. My brother got the tickets, which is insanely awesome (they were expensive I think...)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

meatpimp posted:

I'm pretty jealous of your bro-in-law right now, yeah.

Every time Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys comes to town I'm either working, broke, or out of state :(

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Anyone know if there is an OBDII tool that uses one of the cheap OBD Bluetooth readers for iOS yet? I have an iPhone 5and iPad Air and was hoping to datalog with the iPad.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CharlesM posted:

Yeah! I guess it was 2 years ago already. Dang, time flies. My brother got the tickets, which is insanely awesome (they were expensive I think...)

I brought my then-boss and coworker. I paid for the tickets, but ended up getting a nice raise out of it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Terrible Robot posted:

I'm pretty jealous of your bro-in-law right now, yeah.

Every time Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys comes to town I'm either working, broke, or out of state :(

DKM, rob zombie, and pm5k are all locals and I have yet to see any of them :( I gotta change that sometime.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CarForumPoster posted:

Anyone know if there is an OBDII tool that uses one of the cheap OBD Bluetooth readers for iOS yet? I have an iPhone 5and iPad Air and was hoping to datalog with the iPad.

Not unless apple decided to play nice and make Bluetooth work.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Cakefool posted:

Not unless apple decided to play nice and make Bluetooth work.

It works just fine? :confused:

At least it has every time I've used it...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

85*F outside and I'm about to go to the beach with my gorgeous wife, her sister, and her friend. I also just ate a loving awesome sandwich.

I have no complaints.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So jet skis are super fun.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

It works just fine? :confused:

At least it has every time I've used it...

The... Whatever it's called... That is required for that to work isn't supported by iOS. The only option is a wifi thing that I have heard sucks.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Cat is at the emergency vet now.

Hasn't eaten in 2 days, not even canned food. Yowls if you pick him up.

:smith:

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
In my house waiting for my grandmother to pass away there arent words for the anger i have

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I have been on the hunt for one myself.

Just make sure to wear a life vest dude. Beyond that go loving hog wild!

angryhampster posted:

85*F outside and I'm about to go to the beach with my gorgeous wife, her sister, and her friend. I also just ate a loving awesome sandwich.

I have no complaints.

Saylorville or Big Creek? I plan to get back out to saylorville when I get home next.... houseboats are going back in the water... and there's plenty of beer and food to be getting after!

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 31, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I have scars on my thumbs from riding one in the Gulf of Mexico. So worth it.

some texas redneck posted:

Good luck. :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Why do all these half-assed hack job car shops let their incompetence be televised.

I'm watching sin city motors. They're building a $40,000 rat rod, and the first indication that the rear end out of the old motorhome frame they're building around is hosed is when they have it 90% done and they try to drive it.

$40k and you don't even get a fluid change in the potentially half million mile 30 year old RV diff they pulled out of a junkyard.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Oh no, poor kitty :( I hope its nothing too bad.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well, he is 14, so .... it could be anything. I'm waiting to hear back about blood work.

Speaking of blood, test strips came in for this stupid glucose meter, tried to figure out how to use it.

I reaaaaaaally don't like that number. :stonk:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Good luck with your kitty and blood STR

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Just heard back from the vet. None of it was good news.

His kidneys are in the process of checking out, and his liver isn't far behind. He's coming home with IV fluids, in hopes of getting him through the weekend to see our normal vet, but cautioned he may not make it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

His kidneys are in the process of checking out, and his liver isn't far behind. He's coming home with IV fluids, in hopes of getting him through the weekend to see our normal vet, but cautioned he may not make it.

Bad day.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

One of my oldest cats has had super low liver function for a year, the vet was surprised she rebounded at all and cautioned that she would probably only make it another year, and she's started losing weight lately.

Sometimes having pets really blows.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Sorry STR, make sure to hold him as much as you can while hes still here.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Well, he is 14, so .... it could be anything. I'm waiting to hear back about blood work.

Speaking of blood, test strips came in for this stupid glucose meter, tried to figure out how to use it.

I reaaaaaaally don't like that number. :stonk:

100 is your goal. Make sure you used the calibration strip that came with the strips as well before you start testing your blood - sometimes they can be off as much as 50 or 60 without calibration. Each lot/box comes with one. And that's not too bad (still bad, but...), I see people every day in the 400's and 500's. Sometimes someone is at 400 and they're about to die and horribly incoherent and in ketoacidosis, other times they're just fine and that's their norm.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Powershift posted:

Why do all these half-assed hack job car shops let their incompetence be televised.

I'm watching sin city motors. They're building a $40,000 rat rod, and the first indication that the rear end out of the old motorhome frame they're building around is hosed is when they have it 90% done and they try to drive it.

$40k and you don't even get a fluid change in the potentially half million mile 30 year old RV diff they pulled out of a junkyard.

I just assume its drama for television because the alternative is infuriating.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Geirskogul posted:

100 is your goal. Make sure you used the calibration strip that came with the strips as well before you start testing your blood - sometimes they can be off as much as 50 or 60 without calibration. Each lot/box comes with one. And that's not too bad (still bad, but...), I see people every day in the 400's and 500's. Sometimes someone is at 400 and they're about to die and horribly incoherent and in ketoacidosis, other times they're just fine and that's their norm.

Didn't find any calibration strips - the user manual says to use a control solution (sold separately, natch). Great, another thing to drop :10bux: on.

This is the meter I have, though I plan to upgrade to this one soonish.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mariooncrack posted:

Usually, I listen to NPR or podcasts but I think I'm starting to burn out on both. Post-rock was always something I meant to get into, anyone have recommendations on where to start?

El ten eleven rules man if you have the chance to see them live it's so loving awesome

try mogwai too

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I have been on the hunt for one myself.

Just make sure to wear a life vest dude. Beyond that go loving hog wild!

Saylorville or Big Creek? I plan to get back out to saylorville when I get home next.... houseboats are going back in the water... and there's plenty of beer and food to be getting after!

I think next weekend is going to be me gettibg the kayak out and hitting either the Raccoon or maybe Blue Heron.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Torn Quad Jones posted:

In my house waiting for my grandmother to pass away there arent words for the anger i have

My condolences, dude :(

I have one grandparent left at this point... she is still truckin along doing just fine at like 90. Not looking forward to that day one bit though.

STR, sucks about the cat :( and hope you get the diabetes under control too.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Didn't find any calibration strips - the user manual says to use a control solution (sold separately, natch). Great, another thing to drop :10bux: on.

This is the meter I have, though I plan to upgrade to this one soonish.

As EMTs we use a Precision Xtra meter on all of our patients we transport or for 911. Their battery lasts forever, and if something crazy's going on it will prompt you "Ketones?" etc. Most of our strips are lot 45001 for glucose, and 75001 for ketones, but there are also specialty strips, and sometimes we use an old batch that has the calibration strip in it. Also, did I mention that the batteries last for-loving-ever?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Dude......calibrate that thing and then you know what you need to do. Don't gently caress with that. Holy hell.

Had a cat like that. He was loving useless. Willy. I'll always miss him.

Sorry to hear that, but you know it happens. It's sad, but you have to do the humane thing when it comes to that.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Surprisingly, if I register this one with Bayer, I get free batteries for life.

Not that CR2032s cost much, but still.

Anyway, cat is home. :neckbeard: And oh god is he ever pissed. He's never done well with the vet, and he has a back full of fluids. If you so much as look at him he starts hissing; the vet couldn't even get their lead off of him.

He's actually eating a little, and I managed to get the lead off while he was eating. But I can't otherwise get near him. I've got him in the spare bedroom with food/water on one end, litter on the other. I'll probably sleep in there tonight once he's mellowed out a bit. I have him locked up because of the dog; the dog always wants to play, and i'm pretty sure the dog would die if he got near the cat right now.

I don't have my hopes up too high though, I'm betting he's only feeling better because of adrenaline.

Motronic posted:

Dude......calibrate that thing and then you know what you need to do. Don't gently caress with that. Holy hell.

It's sad, but you have to do the humane thing when it comes to that.

Have to order the calibration fluid. :argh:

I took my first dose of metformin shortly after that first test. Checked it again a few minutes ago, it's down 40 points. So that's good, at least.

And yeah, the decision has already been made - if there's any chance he's going to be suffering, he'll be taking a long nap.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 1, 2014

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BrokenKnucklez posted:

MacBride. We usually go to Rathbun for skiing/wakeboarding but Macbride is just a 20min drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Torn Quad Jones posted:

Aww dude, thats so sad. I had to watch my mother take her last breath after watching her die from cancer for two years. Worst day of my life but I was glad she got to die at home surrounded by her family and friends. Its going to be really hard for a while and you will feel angry for a long time but it will get better later on.

• Locked thread