Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
If Viggen can get a date, maybe there is hope for the rest of us. :unsmith:

My nom's wedding is today. I decided to bring someone from a forum that I'm on as a date. I've never met him before. This could get interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Bucephalus posted:

You brushed it aside nonchalantly, but I'm on to you. I bet you're not even a goatse guy.

I would have taken Viggen just for shits and giggles but he lives too far away.

My date ended up being a super cool dude. I was worried that he might be a total weirdo, but my family loved him and he was extremely tolerant of both them and me. I ended up being a drunk mess like usual and ended up crying to him about being sexually assaulted a few weeks ago. I'm a pretty awful first date.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Yep, you're one of us.

Let's see:

-the wedding date
-a date where we only talked about a shared favorite band. I never got his name.
-a date who was 18 (I'm 26)
-a date where I got too drunk and played footsie with a guy who was not my date
-a date where I had to cut out early because my ex-boyfriend texted me a suicide note
-a date where he called me out for checking out another guy

I'm sure there's more, but most of them involve getting too drunk to even remember the dumb poo poo I do. I'm sensing a pattern in some of my bad dates.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

InitialDave posted:

I still don't really get why you had to have a date for the wedding. What's wrong with going on your own?

Because my self-worth is based on having a man on my arm.

Seriously though, I didn't need a date but it's way more fun that way. My family is extremely lame.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

nm posted:

Start dating Wisconsinites. They deal with alcoholism better.

That would only make it worse.

Rhyno posted:

drat, now I want to be single again just so I can try and one-up some of that terrible date material.

I have no doubt that you can do better. My first dates are either all terrible, or they end up being so boring that they're forgettable. Very few of them are actually good.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

I go every 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to help :smith:

I have therapy every night, and by therapy I mean that I drink.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

Well I mean the only thing that prevents me from succumbing to my own ennui is smoking myself stupid enough not to care on a daily basis so I understand that

I'm about at the point where I'm ready to try that. I've been trying to pick up the pieces of my life and put them back together but it's not working very well.

I was doing really well before it happened. I was really happy. I had two jobs that I loved, some friends, and a grand plan in life. Now I just feel lost, lonely, broken and confused. :smithicide:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Devyl posted:

Sounds like it's time to find a new focal point in life. Try a new hobby; or if it's an option, move to a new place and start over.

I still have my dealership job and I love it too much to give it up, and I have more than enough hobbies to keep me occupied. I have a place to live and a family that loves me too. I just have a lot of days where I'd rather throw myself off of a bridge because someone I thought of as a friend drugged me and assaulted me. I don't think anything will ever fix that.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm back. :unsmith:

I saw a counselor, went to some AA meetings, and went out of town over the weekend to hang out with a friend so I'm feeling pretty good right now.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I almost reached out to you on FB but I figured you left SA for a good reason. I'm glad you are back and feeling better.

I was surprised and touched with how many people did reach out to me.

I really hosed myself over in my meltdown. I'm going to recover, but I managed to blow a significant chunk of my savings on partying and traveling, did irreversible damage to my liver, and ruined at least a couple of friendships.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

You can lose up to 70% of your liver function before you start getting negative effects from liver cirrhosis!

Awesome! All the more reason to put off quitting until hockey season is over.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Don't push your luck!!

The Wild are out, so there goes my excuse to get outrageously drunk three nights a week.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Just watch the Blackhawks now. They're much better. Hth

The Blackhawks are my backup team. I'm part of the UND Toews circlejerk.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

blk posted:

Renting in my town sucks. 99% of it is student garbage and every 6-12 months, when an affordable, reasonable quality home comes up, it's a shitstorm of 150 applicants and it's off the market in 30 minutes. I'm top of the list for one now, but they want a year lease and I might be getting a part or full time job offer in a different city the next few months. My current place sucks balls and my landlady wants to move back in soon, so I need to find a good situation soon, but the liability of a lease is huge.

This is why I live with my parents. I live in a college town and the rental market is hosed.

My dealership just took in a Raptor on trade. I wonder what the chances are of my boss letting me borrow it for a weekend.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Phone posted:

Gonna e/n for a sec, thanks for being patient.

So month of May: broke up with my girlfriend of 3+ years (it wasn't going anywhere), signed up for 2 track days next month, bought a Real Camera, and I'm going to be out of town pretty much every weekend for the next 5 to 6 weeks. Oh yeah, I'm also down 20+ lbs for the year and have finally made progress against the weight I've gained since getting a desk job; only 10lbs to go!

I hung out with some friends from work earlier and I'm watching ladies arm wrestle right now. If I told myself 10 years ago this is what my life looked like, I would never believe it.

That doesn't sound e/n, that sound pretty alright. Especially the part about hanging out next weekend.

Tonight I discovered that acrylic nails and bonfires don't mix. I tried to start a fire and ended up lighting my nails on fire.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Another chapter in goatse guy's hosed up life! :smith:

In the beginning of 2006, I met a guy. He was brilliant and we meshed together really well. We dated for a couple of years, and everything was golden for a while but he eventually took a downward slide. The caring man I knew was replaced by a sullen, moody one prone to fits of anger and jealous rage. It took me a while to break up with him because I was more afraid of the consequences of leaving than those of staying, but eventually I managed to leave him behind.

He seemed to calm down a lot after we broke up. We eventually got to the point where we could be on good terms again. We went out to dinner every couple of months and texted back and forth to check in on each other. The last time I saw him was in January, and the last time we texted was February or March.

No one has heard from him in a month. I only knew that something was amiss when I received two letters from the sheriff, one stating that he was going to be evicted and the other saying that his landlord was holding an estate sale of all of his property this week.

He was laid off from his job a year ago, and slowly withdrew from everything in life. He left town sometime between January and now, and left almost everything he owned behind. I have no idea where he might have gone, or how far he would have gotten in his beat-up Frontier.

I'm going to pick up some of his personal effects from the house and meet with his family this weekend, and it's tearing me apart inside. We broke up three years ago and it ended really badly, but I still care a lot about him and am concerned for his safety. I don't even know if he's still alive.

On the bright side, I also get to hang out with my e-bff this weekend. It's not all terrible. :unsmith:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Yikes, sorry, hopefully everything turns out well.

After talking it over with some friends, I've realized that I shouldn't be involved in this. I feel really awful about his disappearance, but I don't want to be around if they find him. I want him to get into treatment and get better, but I need to keep moving on with my life so I can't be the one helping him.

I can't help feeling like a selfish prick though when I say that I can't be the one to help him. :smith:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Slavvy posted:

What is this thing you are referring to? I don't ever go on twitter, is it some dumb mens rights thing or something?

Read this: http://strangeink.blogspot.com/2014/05/not-all-men.html

If you really want to get depressed, go to twitter and search for the #YesAllWomen tweets.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
My ex-fiance's mother emailed me this morning to tell me that he had called her, and that he's never felt happier, so I am happy for him.

I took a page from his crazy book and did something impulsive. The last year of living in North Dakota and northern Minnesota has been depressing as gently caress, so I quit my job and I'm moving back to Minneapolis this weekend.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

He's also been banned from 2 of 3 vets (the 3rd will only see him for emergencies now), and I still can't him into the carrier.

What did your cat do to get banned from a vet's office?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Since it's starting to get nice outside, what do you guys like to listen to when you're driving?

Propagandhi, A Wilhelm Scream, Streetlight Manifesto, Brand New.

I can't believe I quit my job. Jesus Christ. I loved this job, but there's just nothing else going for me in Grand Forks.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Are you intending to stick with the same, or use it as an opportunity to change careers?

I may try to find another similar job in the future, but for now I'll be doing some admin work for my dad.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Jobs aren't everything. When I told my job I wanted to return to the ranks they told me to get lost and never think of a promotion for the company.

So I'm happily back in Iowa running trains and acting like an idiot.

I put a lot into my jobs because there was nothing else to do here. The dealership job was important to me because I was single, friendless, and without a hobby. Now I'm going to have things to do and people to see.

some texas redneck posted:

Id you've never seen Streetlight live...

you're missing out on some awesome.

I have, many times!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I exclusively listen to the Initial D soundtrack while driving.

Sometimes I listen to j-rock in the car and it makes me feel like I'm in Initial D.

CharlesM posted:

pink floyd

I have a bunch of Pink Floyd waiting for my next road trip. I've got Pulse, Gilmour's solo effort, WYWH and Animals lined up. That should get me through a five hour road trip quite nicely.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

ssjonizuka posted:

How about a little crossover from the dullest car thread?

Primarily, my audio of choice NPR. Yup. No tape/fm-modulator to hook my phone into and local radio is primarily garbage. Welp
:smug:

I used to listen to a lot of NPR until I installed my new exhaust. Now it's hard to hear them discussing the news, so I need music that I can crank up.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Nice. I saw Roger Waters perform The Wall a while back. Good times.

I saw him on tour in 2012. Few things in my life will ever top that experience.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Yeah! I guess it was 2 years ago already. Dang, time flies. My brother got the tickets, which is insanely awesome (they were expensive I think...)

I brought my then-boss and coworker. I paid for the tickets, but ended up getting a nice raise out of it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

blk posted:

It's my birthday today. A year ago I promised myself I'd be out of my poo poo town in a better job with some new skills under my belt annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm exactly where I was a year ago, only married and making a little more money. I guess I can't complain but poo poo is getting old. I've been so busy trying to keep everything together that I haven't had much chance to focus on my future; hopefully I can concentrate more on that now.

Happy birthday dude!

Stop making excuses for why you're living in a town that you hate and move. There is no better time than right now. Don't delay your happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

blk posted:

That's the problem, I don't have any excuse and I'm mad at myself for not moving faster.

No excuses? Then do it already.

I'm back in the Twin Cities now. We'll see how this goes.

• Locked thread