Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

So that ticket I got on labor day with my friends Rabbit came back to haunt me. I got an arraignment hearing today for reckless driving which is way worse than the speeding for conditions ticket I got the first time. So I hauled my rear end out of bed at 5 am today again to go back to the same stupid courthouse I went to in October for the original summons. I planned to plead guilty which meant a 600-something fine and lose my license for 60 days. It sucked but I didnt want to bring it to trial. I own a landscaping business and have to drive all day everyday so it was going to be bad news. Then when I went in front of the judge she couldnt find any paperwork for the reckless charge and just the speeding. I got a $250 ticket and a suspended fine of like $180 with a year of good behavior. I told her this was my first ticket and I had been there in October also so that plus me being nice and having movie star good looks saved me one more time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

kastein posted:

Don't lie, when you pick up a new man tranny you sit on it and make motor noises while playing with the stick too.

It doesnt even have to be a new one. I still do it with all the trannys in the shop, often, I even make double clutching noises with the non synchro ones.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Its Saturday night in the chat thread, piss axles.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Propaganda Bob posted:

AI Problems is buying a parts car nicer than the car you need the parts for.

Look at this guy, judging

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Like an idiot with huge dreams I bought an A4 with a sludged 1.8t and blown turbo. All I used was oil, seafoam and MMO and I was able to clear out all the sludge so it ran like a new engine after 3 quick oil changes. Then the rest of the car sucked me dry with shittiness but man that concoction cleaned out the engine and that was the one part that didnt suck about that giant piece of poo poo car.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

So I sprained my finger messing around with doing the timing on my friends truck last night. My hands slipped off the distributor and my middle finger went directly into the engine fan. No external damage but I cant bend it. Im just glad its still attached :ohdear:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea its a Ford flathead, no clutch or anything. You guys are scaring me, I hoped it would only hurt for a week or two :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I had a bad followed by a good day today. My little tractor that I use to put mulch in started leaking hydraulic fluid like a bastard today, again. My gf and I had to call it a day today before the fluid level got too low and destroyed the super expensive pump. I have the weekend and next week of putting mulch in and with no tractor I have to do it all with a wheelbarrow. All together about 30 yards of mulch. Turns out I didnt tighten the main supply line to the controls when I replaced a smaller line earlier this year. Crisis averted, thank god. I thought another hydraulic line let go and its a MAJOR bitch to replace them.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

March cat thread, Corn Chips update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP8JnodqCv0

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

kastein posted:

Maybe now that you mention it. When is it? Convince me I should go.

(is it open admission or do you have to actually have a cool car and be cool enough to race?)

Seconded, Mt Washington is my favorite place on earth.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Open All Night by Bruce Springsteen on repeat.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Tbqh all I listen to in the summer is a V8 with long tube headers and a huge cam. Music by Chevrolet.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

Cat is at the emergency vet now.

Hasn't eaten in 2 days, not even canned food. Yowls if you pick him up.

:smith:

Oh no, poor kitty :( I hope its nothing too bad.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Sorry STR, make sure to hold him as much as you can while hes still here.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Torn Quad Jones posted:

In my house waiting for my grandmother to pass away there arent words for the anger i have

Aww dude, thats so sad. I had to watch my mother take her last breath after watching her die from cancer for two years. Worst day of my life but I was glad she got to die at home surrounded by her family and friends. Its going to be really hard for a while and you will feel angry for a long time but it will get better later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

rscott posted:

My mom died from cancer 18 years ago this week, still aint over it, don't know if you ever do

It will be 10 years for me in October and no, I dont think you ever get over losing your mom.

That was such a bad year, one of my best friends killed himself a week before my mom died :(

• Locked thread