Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

You know, after catching up to what I missed from my weekend shift at work, I can't help but wonder what i'm getting myself into by hanging around this forum more :v:

But at least it's always interesting in AI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Oddly, I actually slept really well last night. That doesn't usually happen when i'm working a morning shift the next day.

Also, rewatching the Inside Koenigsegg series on /Drive, I forgot how fascinating some of their processes are.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

So I got hungry for a baked potato. Went in the kitchen, nuked a potato (since nukesteam is .... well, not baked, but about an hour quicker.. add another 30 minutes to heat up our lovely oven). Intending to put butter, cheese, and green onions on it. Maybe some crumbled bacon.

I have no idea what the gently caress vortex I fell into, but I left the kitchen with pan fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, green onions, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed jalapenos, cheese, ham, bacon, and... I honestly have no loving idea what else went in it, but it was all mixed into one big greasy sloppy delicious plate.

I hate mushrooms (never liked them). I'm not a big fan of eggs either (they're basically pure cholesterol, and I already have high blood pressure). It's also been about 18 hours since I hit the :350: - only real difference between today and any other time is I haven't had a drink in 2 days.

I'm getting a blood draw Thursday morning for a cholesterol screening. Pretty sure I kicked it up a few (thousand) points with this meal. A very, very, very delicious meal. And I'm still hungry. :argh:

You bastard. I've been wondering what to make for breakfast, you're not helping.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

freelop posted:

Seems more like he made it easier for you

You would think that, but despite working in a restaurant, I have zero cooking skill, so his crazy hodgepodge recipe is right out. Unless I want to set the entire kitchen on fire :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Guaranteeing that Crown Vic driver will spend less on repairs the entire time he owns it than the Audi kids will in the first year :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Goddamnit. Somehow I managed to bust my radiator, losing all my coolant and spiking my temp gauge for a solid minute or two while I limped my car home. Hopefully I didn't just completely gently caress the motor up :sigh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

So either my new radiator is ridiculously efficient or my car is wigging out. The temp gauge barely climbs at all now, whereas it used to hang out around the midway mark and just stay there. No funny noises, no steam, no clouds of white smoke from the exhaust... Everything seems fine and nothing exploded during the entire 2 hours i drove all across the state v:shobon:v

EDIT: Damnit I need to disable my Word substitution and Cloud-to-butt plugins before posting... I'm never sure if i'm mistyping poo poo anymore :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 14, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Oh god I hope not. I really don't want to go through the hassle of replacing that, especially after sinking $100 on the new rad :sigh:

Oh wow they're under $15. Huh. Alright, not such a huge deal then. Might as well replace that Thursday just to be safe. AI, I do so love your advice :h:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 14, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

That seems to be it, then. Normally after even just 5 - 10 minutes of idling the heater would blow nice, toasty warm air. Now it's basically lukewarm at best. Ah well, cheap and easy fix, glad I have you guys to point me in the right direction!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Sinestro posted:

I share a wall with someone who thinks blaring Intergalactic at roughly the volume of a jet engine taking off at 9 PM is appropriate behavior.

Edit: I don't mean the album Hello Nasty either, just loving Intergalactic on repeat over and loving over for at least 15 minutes now. That's like 5 plays.

Crank up No Sleep Till Brooklyn and drown them out :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I think I just found the inspiration to redo my car late summer / fall this year. Soft 8's look so drat good. I'm thinking those, repainting the car flat black (leaving the beater dents and all), possibly switching from Flowtech Red Hots to Dynomax Race Bullets, and then eventually doing some mild engine work once I save up a bit. This is going to be awesome if it comes together :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Galler posted:

e: Also my motherboard came with a free copy of AssCreed 4 so I guess it's time to go have fun being a pirate and desperately trying to ignore whatever retarded plot ubi came up with this time.

I'm not a huge fan of AssCreed games but 4 is pretty loving great. Treat it like Sid Meier's Pirates! but all grown up and you'll have the right idea. Customizable, upgradable ship with an open world where you can sail, capture defeated ships to start a merchant fleet, fight legendary ships for special upgrades, go diving for blueprints, capture forts to call your own, search random islands for treasure... I mean yeah, there's a story, but it takes a massive backseat to the exploration and free roam. AC4 is pretty much amazing. Like, it's my favorite game to come out recently, it's that good.

EDIT: Also, you collect motherfucking shanties that you find floating in various towns and it unlocks new songs for your crew to sing while you're sailing. Collectable shanties. I don't think I need to say anything else :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 18, 2014

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

There's not too much Non-Pirate stuff, thankfully. I want to say like, 3 or 4 modern day scenes that you have to do during the course of the story, but for the most part it's optional stuff you can do if you really give a drat about Ubi's weird modern day tale of Templars and Abstergo and etc. I ignored all of it, gently caress that, I'm here to play pirate and broadside motherfuckers :black101:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Isn't being a kitchen bitch great? Just think of the money and respect you get from your employer and ahahah :smithicide:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

goatse guy posted:

After talking it over with some friends, I've realized that I shouldn't be involved in this. I feel really awful about his disappearance, but I don't want to be around if they find him. I want him to get into treatment and get better, but I need to keep moving on with my life so I can't be the one helping him.

I can't help feeling like a selfish prick though when I say that I can't be the one to help him. :smith:

It happens. You can't save everyone, and sometimes you have to focus on your own poo poo and worry about your own life. Otherwise, you end up spending all your time worrying about helping everyone else and have no time for your own things.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_xmJt3pwcQ

Been watching a lot of Petrolicious videos, the machining and custom work on these is just amazingly well done. Absolutely gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I usually just crank iwrestledabearonce, Infant Annihilator, or Pendulum / Knife Party / Freestylers depending on the day. From Deathcore to DnB, I have it all :v:

• Locked thread