Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I love Wisconsin because leaving Madison is like stepping of the edge of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Welp that was a thing to wake up to.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Got the assistant manager rushing me through an alignment. Just toe and go with new parts so no big deal but still irks the gently caress out of me. He lowers the car all the way down while Im scrambling to write down the VINS and mileage and poo poo (admittedly should have done it to begin with) pull out and start driving around to the front, when I hear a loud clatter and see the one alignment head I forgot to take off while being rushed flying in the rear view across the parking lot. Landing right at the GM's feet while hes talking to another customer/friend. Of course the ONE time he was in the shop today that happened. Getting cussed out at work is great. Also cant wait for the Preoptopus hosed up jokes to start again. And I have had such a good dry spell too. Oh well, guess I was due.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 6, 2014

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Who would have guessed that bleeding the brakes in a Lexus RX350 involves bribing the old timer in your shop with beer to borrow his time and his Verus Pro. My God what an insane sequence.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Happy May 9th! :ussr:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Dont know why anyone would choose a Pontiac over the Buick with the same engine. Speed AND Class folks!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

cursedshitbox posted:

^Its the same drat car but with a different emblem.

Brand engineering!

I think the Buick has a way better interior.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
In my state its illegal to drive barefoot. So the real skill is putting shoes on as fast as you can while being pulled over.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Our toaster at work speaks volumes as a metaphor for our shop.

It also shorts out the entire circuit if used in tandem with the microwave.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

some texas redneck posted:

Except it's not illegal to drive barefoot anywhere in the US? It's illegal to ride motorcycles without shoes in many states though.

Well i"ll be a son of a bitch. I swear my drivers ed teacher told us that.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Great Beer posted:

The real fun part is that today I learned the RX8 is not equipped with a spare tire of any kind. Also it has weird T shaped frame rails that are currently being bent by the borrowed donut its laying on so the rotor wouldnt die when the lovely jack inevitably fails.

On the bright side, my jeep hit a new 0-60 record today: 35 seconds. :unsmith:

So it has run flats as standard right?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

some texas redneck posted:

Got a pretty :gizz: text earlier inviting me over to some sexy times. Yay! :quagmire:

Then I got back from my last delivery at work to find this waiting for me:

gently caress that poo poo seriously? Your manager didnt even get a head start for you?
I would have walked out.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Putting A/C lines in a supercharged 3800 can suck my dick forever.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Got to drive this lady around at work today.

Front drum brakes dont work worth a gently caress.
Still an awesome car and my personal favorite vette era.
(Although I dont think the wheels look good at all)

Edited for harshness

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Krakkles posted:

They look like stock steelies, and they look fine* on that car.

* seriously, better than 99.5% of what the other dipshit owners of corvettes put on their vehicles.

They were stock steelies, he bought it for 2000 bucks when it was 3 years old. And then it sat for 25 years.
Only reason I was bitter was because he was kind of an rear end in a top hat and wanted a bunch of stuff done for free.

• Locked thread