Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Does anyone have any advice for buying a manual car and not actually knowing how to drive manual? I know some friends who know how to drive manual but I don't have any car to learn on at the moment. I'm considering getting a new car and I'm at least considering getting a third pedal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
There's actually a good chance that'll happen. My job is about 25 miles away.

I guess I should rephrase my question. I'm looking at getting a brand new car so how would I handle the test drive? Do I drive an automatic and then tell them I want a manual if I like it?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LloydDobler posted:

Where do you live? If you're in Denver I'll teach you.

I appreciate the offer but I'm in Cleveland.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Good luck!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
If you have a micro center near you, consider going there for your motherboard and processor. They have really good bundle deals on those and overall pretty good prices.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I drive a 07 Nissan Altima and I almost drive 50 miles a day to and from work. When it's not winter, I can get anywhere from 27 - 30 mpg, depending on how much highway driving I do and how much traffic that I get stuck in . In long trips, I've gotten 31+ mpg. My car may be boring but it's probably not nearly as expensive as a hybrid and is easy on the gas.

Don't the batteries on hybrids start going bad after 7 years? Or am I misremembering this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I saw what looked like a stock Plymouth laser on the highway today. It was driven by a middle aged looking guy so I'm hoping it doesn't get riced out.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Phone posted:

There's a new Initial D movie coming out.

G E T H Y P E

Last week the first two episodes of final stage came out but there's no English subs yet.

And it's not just a new movie, it's a trilogy.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I found it today that I didn't get the internal position that I applied for. :( I had a feeling after the interview that I want going to get it though so no surprise there.

On a happier note, I hit 100k miles on my car this morning.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Since it's starting to get nice outside, what do you guys like to listen to when you're driving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Nodoze posted:

I listen to them all the time

I am glad I am not the only one. I imagine it's a lot more fun when you're driving a small Japanese sports car though.

Usually, I listen to NPR or podcasts but I think I'm starting to burn out on both. Post-rock was always something I meant to get into, anyone have recommendations on where to start? I used to listen various forms of metal but I found out that I always tended to speed more when listening to Thrash. :rock:

In other news, my PSU fried the other week but Corsair sent me a new one and now my computer is back in business. :feelsgood:

• Locked thread