Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hell yeah. My roommate recently bought a crock-pot. I just dumped a poo poo load of chicken in there and emptied a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's into it.

So easy even Amy Adams can do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA2ys8C-lNk

[pet]cock-au-vin takes 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
While we're on a topic of moving, gently caress Canadian business.

One-way move in the States? No problem, everybody is doing it. Special offers, discounts, pricematching, etc. Penske truck from Buffalo to Seattle is just over 1000 with unlimited mileage.

Penske doesn't do one way moves in Canada. Almost no one does but Uhaul. Price of Toronto to Edmonton one way is just under 3000. Plus insurance and enviro fees. Time to practice garage sale skills.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

InitialDave posted:

How much of that is the one-way charge? Could it be cheaper to fly/drive to the end destination, drive the truck back for loading and delivery, then return it to the same branch?

300 dollar flight, 130/day truck rental * 10 days, 0.39/km mileage * 3500km * 2, double the gas and lodging.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Wait, you live in Edmonton now? We should arrange something.

I heard employment thing is easier in the Slightly Frozen Almost West. Gonna go find out this month.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
They'll get around to it once they deal with those pesky cell service providers, so next election.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

mariooncrack posted:

There's actually a good chance that'll happen. My job is about 25 miles away.

I guess I should rephrase my question. I'm looking at getting a brand new car so how would I handle the test drive? Do I drive an automatic and then tell them I want a manual if I like it?

No, you have to try the manual car on the drive, the feeling is different.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Slung Blade posted:

You guys think there are enough southern Alberta nerds like us to chip in and just outright buy some shithole with a garage in Sweetgrass?

I can't imagine it would be expensive.

e: then we could just buy parts, get them shipped there, put them on our heaps, and drive back.

https://www.kinek.com/

I used these guys a few times, they are convenient enough, especially with Amazon "just one shipment please" option.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

kastein posted:

I am probably going to have the financial nerds up my rear end about this but gently caress credit cards.

I saved up and bought my lovely house with cash. Same with my cars. Same with... anything else that most people want a good credit score for.

So why do I even need a credit card to build my credit score? I don't need it.

The only exception is below-inflation rate cards, 0% intro APR, airline miles, etc. I know I am not responsible enough for that poo poo so I don't sign up.

IMO, you are going to have to pay it at some point anyways and who knows what money you will have then to do so. So why bother? If I can't afford toys now, I don't loving buy them.

(Yes I am still debating not paying the electric bill till next month so I can dream about buying another dumb engine for another of my dumb trucks. yes I know this is hypocritical. No I don't care :v:)

Do they not have those (2% for everything, 4% on gas and groceries) cashback credit cards in the states? Paid off every month, so they make you money.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

I leave you kids alone for a day and this is the mess you make? :cripes:

It's slightly suspicious that IOC was conveniently absent during Viggen's date. Mrs. Doubtfire scenario?

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Over the last two weeks, I've sold most of my larger stuff and crammed the rest into boxes for the drive cross country. An interview lined up on the weekend so now I will fly out first leaving that stuff behind for the moment until the lease expires next month.

Volvo wagon didn't work out, so the current plan is to drive back with a borrowed SUV and get the boxes. It's weird seeing all your stuff fitted into one closet but at least I can be reasonably sure it'll fit into one car.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Reserved a "Yaris or similar" car rental and got a turbo volvo s60. Drives very nicely but the interior design is something else these days. Bright white backlight for main instrument panel? And let's make the misc controls a bunch of buttons and call it a day:

They put a numpad on the dash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I got offered an interesting position in a medium size industrial supply company but it's not something I've ever done before. Any of you have experience with warehouse management?

• Locked thread