Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm not one for shooting the breeze at work unless I actually like you as a person. It's forced, obviously you don't give a poo poo about what I have to say, and I don't really care what you have to say. I actively avoid it without being antisocial.

We had a company-wide meeting this morning in which I was forced to make idle chitchat with a high ranking Operations officer of our company who randomly sat next to me. He is Swedish, visiting our US office for a few days, and could barely speak English. I didn't really know what the gently caress he was saying, and by his expressions I could tell he didn't know what the gently caress I was saying. I was cheering internally when the meeting actually started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I learned to drive stick as an 18 year old in college whose legal-age floormates were too drunk to drive to get more beer :hellyeah:

Couldn't ask for a better car to learn on than a 1996 Accord.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm a huge nerd but I'm also a fairly typical guy, I like sports, cars, heavy machinery, guns, action flicks and beer. For some reason the only girls I find myself attracted to are super artsy, intellectual, whose ideal vacation is to sip fuckin espresso at an art gallery in Prague, while I just want to watch playoff basketball, hit the gym, and get drunk.

And I wonder why I'm 31 and single.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Cape Cod chips are like god drat crack cocaine.

Utz Crab Chips. I will eat them until my mouth burns.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I had a first date with a girl yesterday that lasted ten loving hours, until the place we were at shut down at midnight. Led to an incredibly nasty voicemail from my dad bitching me out for not calling my mom on Mother's Day, but whatever. Worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Yesterday was 50 days straight of now beer, fast food, fried food or pop. So I decided to drink more than I have in months. Ended up getting into a huge fight with the girlfriend that I barely remember. I think I had a mild psychotic episode (happened 7 years ago, Dr diagnosed). It was bad but when I woke up today I wasn't sure it had really happened, I thought it had been a dream. Definitely wasn't a dream as I called the friend who kicked me out of his life recently at 1:45am.

So I messaged his wife to send my apologies along and she confides in me that they're fighting all the time and she isn't hopeful for their future. I'd guess this was where things were going for them and figured it was part of why he pushed me out.

Finding out I was right was the worst thing as now I'm even more worried and I'm stuck on the outside unable to help.

All right Rhyno since no one else has responded to this thus far...let me get this straight as it's a bit tough to parse what you wrote.

1) To celebrate 50 days of being on the wagon and eating well, you decided to get shitfaced drunk
2) Due to said drunkenness you had a huge fight with your girlfriend while mostly blacked out
3) During this argument/blackout period, you may have experienced a recurrence of psychosis (bad sign)
4) The next morning you weren't sure if it was all a dream but you confirmed it did happen because you found out you'd called your friend at 1:45am
5) Said friend recently kicked you out of his life for reasons (?)
6) You messaged said friend's wife to apologize for calling him at 1:45am considering he recently kicked you out of his life
7) She confides that she is also having issues with him and that their relationship is not looking hopeful
8) You feel extra lovely because even with this knowledge, you can't intervene because he has cut you out of his life

Is that all correct? Maybe you should stick to the straight and narrow, man. Not drinking not only helps you lose weight, as you've often mentioned, but if drinking is causing nightmarish episodes like I've outlined above, maybe you should try to stay on the wagon.

• Locked thread